• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

It would appear that Valiant variants and #1's, after 20 years, has finally paid off for those people who have held onto them for all these years after the bubble burst!

Harbinger #1 - Currently selling for $63.

Eternal Warrior #1 Gold - at $50 to $80ish

X-O Manowar #1 sells at a brisk $20

Harbinger pink seems to get about $55.

Valiant is all over The Market's modern books heating up! :ohnoez:

is unity 0 & 1 worth slabbing?

or just a 5 dollar book?

hm

Not unless they're the variants (0 red and 1 gold and platinum). Even the #1 variants are barely worth slabbing.

To add to that, X-O Manowar 68 is fetching close to $70 right now.

I just picked up a collection loaded with Valiants. I sold a couple of the X-O Manowar #1s here for what they're going for on eBay, and have a couple of more that I might wait on. I think I will unload the #68s now, since they might have peaked. I definitely picked up this collection at the perfect time. A couple of months ago, it would have been pretty worthless, IMO

Any other decent priced Valiants worth noting? I'm not familiar with what's valuable with Valiant.

Was the $70 a completed auction? Was that graded?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/X-O-MANOWAR-68-LAST-ISSUE-VALIANT-/300714502006?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item4603fb2776#ht_500wt_1182

The book was creeping up over the past couple of weeks and this is the last sale.

I think Bloodshot 51 will be the next $30-40 book soon.

Agreed! +1 (thumbs u

Here's another interesting aspect; 10 out of 20 Most Popular Modern Age Search Terms on eBay:

• walking dead
  • the walking dead
  • walking dead 1
  • comics
  • saga
  • cgc
  • fatale
  • batman
  • comic books

The other top ten can be viewed here on The Market. (thumbs u

question regarding ebay's shipping fees. so, i've noticed when i charge $5.20 and ship in a cushion mailer, i don't get an ebay shipping fee (.54 cents), but when i charge $5.99, or $6, i do, even though it almost always costs more than $6 to ship. not sure why ebay is penalizing me for shipping products in a box rather than a cushion mailer (way more protective), but does anyone know at what shipping price does ebay start charging a fee? i might have to start charging $6.50 for shipping just to off set ebay.

Edited by Hawkman

Just put up my copy of Eternal Warrior 1 gold embossed this afternoon and just checked back to find its already over $20 with over six days left on the auction.

Is it 1994 again?

Hope so :)

question regarding ebay's shipping fees. so, i've noticed when i charge $5.20 and ship in a cushion mailer, i don't get an ebay shipping fee (.54 cents), but when i charge $5.99, or $6, i do, even though it almost always costs more than $6 to ship. not sure why ebay is penalizing me for shipping products in a box rather than a cushion mailer (way more protective), but does anyone know at what shipping price does ebay start charging a fee? i might have to start charging $6.50 for shipping just to off set ebay.

I am not an expert but I've been reviewing my final fees over the past few months and it appears that the final value is item price + shipping. I normally would charge 4.9 for the flat rate envelope and now I had to move it to 5.50 for the same thing since eBay is taking nearly $0.50 from me. Sucks because I am not trying to profit from my shipping at all.

That is why I am not dealing with eBay as much now (50 free listings per month max.)

You can play around with this to see what I mean - ebay fee calculator

Just put up my copy of Eternal Warrior 1 gold embossed this afternoon and just checked back to find its already over $20 with over six days left on the auction.

Is it 1994 again?

No, in 1994 you could have added a zero to that auction price .. lol

What do mean by "ebay shipping fee"?

If you're talking about eBay's final value fees, they're calculated from both the item cost and the shipping cost you specify in the auction - if your item sells for $20 and you're charging $5 to ship, the FVFs will be calculated based on $25. There's no separate eBay shipping fee.

Is it 1994 again?

I checked my calender and it says 2012 but I'll be damned if it doesn't feel like its 1994. :shy: