• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

Anyone care to explain what the Mind The Gap #2 recall error is?

Page 11 is darker than it should be.

its almost unnoticeable i've sold 7 since last week. its weird.

I think eventually it will settle down to the price of like say Hack Slash My First Maniac 4. Around $5-10. Although it seems less of Mind the Gap got out then the Hack Slash book.

I'm sitting on my extra error copies until I see what the difference is with the actual issue coming out wednesday. But I'd like to see an estimate for how many error copies got distributed. I've heard anywhere from 500 to 5,000. But that includes issues that were sent out but were supposed to be destroyed. How many shops actually did that, who knows.

I believe that the OP is now of the opinion that he shouldn't have jumped to conclusions and that often sarcasm doesn't translate well in written form. Suffice to say, I'm done talking about it, but would appreciate it if those of you have made rude comments about me would refrain from doing so.

Um, no. I am not of that opinion. I like how you have tried to explain it away as sarcasm. It clearly wasn't. It was an attempt to ARTIFICIALLY AFFECT THE MARKET FOR YOUR BENEFIT.

Now seriously, go away.

I'm sitting on my extra error copies until I see what the difference is with the actual issue coming out wednesday. But I'd like to see an estimate for how many error copies got distributed. I've heard anywhere from 500 to 5,000. But that includes issues that were sent out but were supposed to be destroyed. How many shops actually did that, who knows.

So any Mind the Gap #2 out at a comic shop right now is a error copy and the corrected version is coming out this Wednesday?

So any Mind the Gap #2 out at a comic shop right now is a error copy and the corrected version is coming out this Wednesday?

yes

He said that if he didn't have stacks and stacks of them, he'd buy them himself. He also called me "rood."

So if the book is so rare and valuable, how does he have stacks of them?

I have been told that he is a boardie. Too bad its already Saturday. This could have been a killer flame war / Friday thread.

Organic economic function will make all of his thoughts irrelevant, anyway. If your listing is truly below market, it'll sell quickly, and the going rate for the book(s) will stay at the level he expects. Your one listing will not 'destroy' the market.

basic micro economics - note that I teach a political and economic philosophy course at a Jesuit University every few years ... please read my prior post ... this whole discussion would be funny if it wasn't sad ... this is my last post, but I hope it is all the evidence that anyone who doubts my sincerity would ever need.

This was your message that started all this: :gossip:

I received this message from another eBay user:

"Why don't you raise the price on this item to $25 lower than the other listed books and include the best offer option. There's only 200 copies of this book and your low price has crippled the market for the book by making it appear that the demand for the title is non-existent. Please don't take this message the wrong way, I'm just offering some friendly advise."

I don't see any sarcasm. (shrug) I don't see any micro-economic expertise - just a suggestion one auction can cripple a market. (shrug)

Although I promised myself I would not continue this conversation, I feel that is incumbent upon me to clarify the misrepresentations made about me. Specifically, you failed to post the second message I sent to you seconds after the first message which stated - sorry for sending two messages … I’m on my cell phone … I’m not interested in any issue but issue number 1 … how many copies of number 1 do you have … if this auction doesn’t sell are you interested in selling me just issue 1 … alternatively, are you accepting best offers … thanks!” It is disingenuous for you not to include this post. I’m done with this conversation and apologize to those of you who are not involved in it for disrupting the topical conversation, but it is important that I not let people make false statements about me on the internet.

He said that if he didn't have stacks and stacks of them, he'd buy them himself. He also called me "rood."

So if the book is so rare and valuable, how does he have stacks of them?

I have been told that he is a boardie. Too bad its already Saturday. This could have been a killer flame war / Friday thread.

Organic economic function will make all of his thoughts irrelevant, anyway. If your listing is truly below market, it'll sell quickly, and the going rate for the book(s) will stay at the level he expects. Your one listing will not 'destroy' the market.

basic micro economics - note that I teach a political and economic philosophy course at a Jesuit University every few years ... please read my prior post ... this whole discussion would be funny if it wasn't sad ... this is my last post, but I hope it is all the evidence that anyone who doubts my sincerity would ever need.

This was your message that started all this: :gossip:

I received this message from another eBay user:

"Why don't you raise the price on this item to $25 lower than the other listed books and include the best offer option. There's only 200 copies of this book and your low price has crippled the market for the book by making it appear that the demand for the title is non-existent. Please don't take this message the wrong way, I'm just offering some friendly advise."

I don't see any sarcasm. (shrug) I don't see any micro-economic expertise - just a suggestion one auction can cripple a market. (shrug)

Although I promised myself I would not continue this conversation, I feel that is incumbent upon me to clarify the misrepresentations made about me. Specifically, you failed to post the second message I sent to you seconds after the first message which stated - sorry for sending two messages … I’m on my cell phone … I’m not interested in any issue but issue number 1 … how many copies of number 1 do you have … if this auction doesn’t sell are you interested in selling me just issue 1 … alternatively, are you accepting best offers … thanks!” It is disingenuous for you not to include this post. I’m done with this conversation and apologize to those of you who are not involved in it for disrupting the topical conversation, but it is important that I not let people make false statements about me on the internet.

Lies. Here is your second message.

"You misunderstood my message ... probably me trying to type on my cell. My point is that your deal is way, way too good. If I didn't have 10 9.8s and 6 9.6's plus stacks of the other issues and variants I would snap your copy up in a heart beat. I think your deal is much better than everyone else's on feebay. AND now that I read the rest of your message ... you clearly took my message the wrong way. I was trying to pay you a compliment. BUT since your rood, I won't send you any messages, buy and of your stuff, compliment you or speak to you again. If you're just having a bad day, I hope it gets better. If you're generally this rude to all your potential customers, I hope you have a day job. "

My day job is fine. I can even spell rude. Seriously, go away.

That's the 3rd message ... I'm really done w all this nonsense ... I never imagined that comic fans could be so argumentative ... You folks really need to relax ... For some of us, this is just a fun hobby & for those of you who rely upon conical sales to earn a living you should be happy that you have a great job. Clearly some of you need to remember that this hobby/job is fun. It's not a forum to pick fights & see who can be the most impolite. Take some free non-legal advice, life is too short to waste time arguing. My time, just like your's, is far too precious to waste it arguing on a message board that is aimed at helping those who share similar interests talk about te art we all love.

lol

Clearly a lawyer representing himself. ;)

hm

State v. Barham, 126 N.H. 631, 495, a.2d 1269, 1985 Lexis 363 (1985).

Are calling me a murderer? The holding of that case is that a defendant in a murder trial may not represent themselves.

This is the opinion:

On appeal from his first degree murder conviction, RSA 630:1-a, the defendant claims that he was effectively denied his rights to self-representation and to a speedy trial. We affirm.

On Sunday, August 30, 1981, at about 11:30 a.m., Raymond Barham, then 52 years old, shot and killed Norman Walpole in Wolfeboro. At the time, Walpole was coming home from church with Louise Graham, Barham's ex-wife. Barham left the scene of the shooting immediately. Within an hour, he was arrested in nearby Tuftonboro by Police Chief William Keyes. Chief Keyes found Barham sitting in his car parked on an isolated dirt road. Barham still had his gun and stated that he intended to commit suicide. Barham was taken to the Wolfeboro police station and charged with first degree murder. He was incarcerated at the Carroll County House of Correction pending trial, which was scheduled to begin in May 1982.

Attorney Frederick Cox of Wolfeboro was asked to represent Barham. Attorney Cox thereafter entered into plea negotiations with the State and advised Barham to agree to plead guilty to second degree murder in exchange for a recommendation of 30 years to life. Barham, however, wanted to go to trial.

On November 30, 1981, Barham wrote to the court expressing dissatisfaction with Attorney Cox. Attorney Harry C. Batchelder was then appointed to represent the defendant, with the defendant's consent. In April 1982, less than one month before trial was scheduled to begin, Attorney Batchelder requested a continuance on his client's behalf. The Trial Court (Wyman, J.) granted the continuance and scheduled trial for October 1982.

In May 1982, the defendant indicated to Attorney Batchelder a desire to represent himself. Batchelder told him about Faretta v. California,422 U.S. 806 (1975). On July 2, 1982, Barham wrote to the court citing Faretta and indicating a desire to represent himself.

The court responded that it would not allow any further continuances of the October 1982 trial date and that it would not release Attorney Batchelder. It further advised Barham of the right "[a]t... trial . . . to order your counsel to occupy a stand-by relationship [ 126 N.H. 634 ]

while you undertake what amounts to pro se representation of yourself. However, in a first degree murder case, the court will not allow you to proceed without any counsel at all."

Here's some other legal info: accusations of crime which are false are per se defamation. Character defamation, libel & slander are illegal as are invasion of privacy. Please stop with the nonsense & act like adults.

lol

Clearly a lawyer representing himself. ;)

hm

State v. Barham, 126 N.H. 631, 495, a.2d 1269, 1985 Lexis 363 (1985).

Are calling me a murderer? The holding of that case is that a defendant in a murder trial may not represent themselves.

This is the opinion:

On appeal from his first degree murder conviction, RSA 630:1-a, the defendant claims that he was effectively denied his rights to self-representation and to a speedy trial. We affirm.

On Sunday, August 30, 1981, at about 11:30 a.m., Raymond Barham, then 52 years old, shot and killed Norman Walpole in Wolfeboro. At the time, Walpole was coming home from church with Louise Graham, Barham's ex-wife. Barham left the scene of the shooting immediately. Within an hour, he was arrested in nearby Tuftonboro by Police Chief William Keyes. Chief Keyes found Barham sitting in his car parked on an isolated dirt road. Barham still had his gun and stated that he intended to commit suicide. Barham was taken to the Wolfeboro police station and charged with first degree murder. He was incarcerated at the Carroll County House of Correction pending trial, which was scheduled to begin in May 1982.

Attorney Frederick Cox of Wolfeboro was asked to represent Barham. Attorney Cox thereafter entered into plea negotiations with the State and advised Barham to agree to plead guilty to second degree murder in exchange for a recommendation of 30 years to life. Barham, however, wanted to go to trial.

On November 30, 1981, Barham wrote to the court expressing dissatisfaction with Attorney Cox. Attorney Harry C. Batchelder was then appointed to represent the defendant, with the defendant's consent. In April 1982, less than one month before trial was scheduled to begin, Attorney Batchelder requested a continuance on his client's behalf. The Trial Court (Wyman, J.) granted the continuance and scheduled trial for October 1982.

In May 1982, the defendant indicated to Attorney Batchelder a desire to represent himself. Batchelder told him about Faretta v. California,422 U.S. 806 (1975). On July 2, 1982, Barham wrote to the court citing Faretta and indicating a desire to represent himself.

The court responded that it would not allow any further continuances of the October 1982 trial date and that it would not release Attorney Batchelder. It further advised Barham of the right "[a]t... trial . . . to order your counsel to occupy a stand-by relationship [ 126 N.H. 634 ]

while you undertake what amounts to pro se representation of yourself. However, in a first degree murder case, the court will not allow you to proceed without any counsel at all."

Here's some other legal info: accusations of crime which are false are per se defamation. Character defamation, libel & slander are illegal as are invasion of privacy. Please stop with the nonsense & act like adults.

Here's some free legal advice,

If you use your last name as your ebay account, make sure your facebook doesn't list your occupation ect. That way when people google you, and go to this thread, they wouldn't see how dumb you are.

I said legal advice because you look like a dumb lawyer. I mean, how do you use your lawyer name and link it to these hilarious comic book rants? how do i add that 2cent emoticon thing?

Edited by Jimmy Linguiniii

Again personally insulting people instead of apologizing for mistakes is a mark of immaturity. I teach at a University, act as a municipal court judge & litigate complex cases against insurance companies & banks. I work hard & collect comics for fun. I have no idea why a few of you are threatened by my job & try and argue with me every chance you get, but I'm not here to argue. I participate in these forums to talk comics not fight. I wish that the people who were here for other reasons would add me to their ignore lists & quit detailing conversations about comics.

Again personally insulting people instead of apologizing for mistakes is a mark of immaturity. I teach at a University, act as a municipal court judge & litigate complex cases against insurance companies & banks. I work hard & collect comics for fun. I have no idea why a few of you are threatened by my job & try and argue with me every chance you get, but I'm not here to argue. I participate in these forums to talk comics not fight. I wish that the people who were here for other reasons would add me to their ignore lists & quit detailing conversations about comics.

I wonder how many university students will google you before taking your classes only to stumble onto this thread.

n e wayz I think I'm going to be picking up a WD19. I can pretty much pick one comic from the WD 3 - 90 run and I think 19 is going to be the ringing winner.