• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

Again personally insulting people instead of apologizing for mistakes is a mark of immaturity. I teach at a University, act as a municipal court judge & litigate complex cases against insurance companies & banks. I work hard & collect comics for fun. I have no idea why a few of you are threatened by my job & try and argue with me every chance you get, but I'm not here to argue. I participate in these forums to talk comics not fight. I wish that the people who were here for other reasons would add me to their ignore lists & quit detailing conversations about comics.

I just don't understand how you find the time to do all of this. As such a successful member of the law profession, I would think that you would have better things to do than to spam a forum over 1000 times in less than six months. And yet, despite all of this, you still also make time to manage multiple eBay accounts (and personalities), while contacting other eBay members to suggest that they should raise their prices so that they don't kill the market, etc, etc. You have so much time on your hands! Are there more than 24 hours in a day in West Virginia..?

:popcorn:

n e wayz I think I'm going to be picking up a WD19. I can pretty much pick one comic from the WD 3 - 90 run and I think 19 is going to be the ringing winner.

I cant wait for that sunday night when the episode airs and all of the viewers get to finally see her in action... The book is going to EXPLODE on ebay. Im excited to see how it pans out. Ill be trolling ebay after the episode airs for sure.

Edited by roastedbagel

n e wayz I think I'm going to be picking up a WD19. I can pretty much pick one comic from the WD 3 - 90 run and I think 19 is going to be the ringing winner.

I can wait for that sunday night when the episode airs and all of the viewers get to finally see her in action... The book is going to EXPLODE on ebay. Im excited to see how it pans out. Ill be trolling ebay after the episode airs for sure.

I could always do the preacher one, but I'm pretty sure the Michanlone or however your spell her name, issue is going to give me more bang for my buck in the short run. Maybe Governor as well? I don't know. I don't watch the show, I just understand how it effects the market.

He said that if he didn't have stacks and stacks of them, he'd buy them himself. He also called me "rood."

So if the book is so rare and valuable, how does he have stacks of them?

I have been told that he is a boardie. Too bad its already Saturday. This could have been a killer flame war / Friday thread.

Organic economic function will make all of his thoughts irrelevant, anyway. If your listing is truly below market, it'll sell quickly, and the going rate for the book(s) will stay at the level he expects. Your one listing will not 'destroy' the market.

basic micro economics - note that I teach a political and economic philosophy course at a Jesuit University every few years ... please read my prior post ... this whole discussion would be funny if it wasn't sad ... this is my last post, but I hope it is all the evidence that anyone who doubts my sincerity would ever need.

This was your message that started all this: :gossip:

I received this message from another eBay user:

"Why don't you raise the price on this item to $25 lower than the other listed books and include the best offer option. There's only 200 copies of this book and your low price has crippled the market for the book by making it appear that the demand for the title is non-existent. Please don't take this message the wrong way, I'm just offering some friendly advise."

I don't see any sarcasm. (shrug) I don't see any micro-economic expertise - just a suggestion one auction can cripple a market. (shrug)

Although I promised myself I would not continue this conversation, I feel that is incumbent upon me to clarify the misrepresentations made about me. Specifically, you failed to post the second message I sent to you seconds after the first message which stated - sorry for sending two messages … I’m on my cell phone … I’m not interested in any issue but issue number 1 … how many copies of number 1 do you have … if this auction doesn’t sell are you interested in selling me just issue 1 … alternatively, are you accepting best offers … thanks!” It is disingenuous for you not to include this post. I’m done with this conversation and apologize to those of you who are not involved in it for disrupting the topical conversation, but it is important that I not let people make false statements about me on the internet.

I'm not the seller. :gossip:

For the record, the message I sent to the guy OP has been completely misconstrued by him. I was complimenting him on the price of the book because it was such a better deal than the other sales. I even explained in that post that I was joking and told him not to take it the wrong way. Branget - you are threatened by me for some unknown reason, and that is sad. One of the people who has ranted and raved about me made an anti-Semitic rap that had more bigoted comments than I could count and he's looked at like an authority on internet posting behavior. Those of you who rush to judge others should be reminded to treat others with respect and kindness. While I have championed that message for the better part of a year some of you continue to advance your vitriolic rhetoric. This is the first and last time that I will post anything related to this nonsense. I believe that the OP is now of the opinion that he shouldn't have jumped to conclusions and that often sarcasm doesn't translate well in written form. Suffice to say, I'm done talking about it, but would appreciate it if those of you have made rude comments about me would refrain from doing so. Each and every one of us love comics or we wouldn't spend our free time discussing them. Perhaps we should all remember that our shared love of this medium is reason enough to treat one another as friends and not as adversaries.

:popcorn:

yaay, my first popcorn

:cloud9:

I've been typing and reading this thread on my cell phone as I've been at a conference all flipping day and then in a hotel room with my cell phone ... sorry for the typos and any confusion in my posts caused by me typing on my android Evo. ... conical was supposed to say comics

Edited by Nico Esq

Heck, I figure I'm just not into paying $$$ for funnybooks anymore (this used to be my favorite thread in 2008). I guess, my seven year old visits to this place are about over. I do enjoy reading a random title, but other hobbies and interests have been more appealing lately. If this be my last post on here for a while, I want to say you guys are really great folks, capable of generous good deeds to one another. Please don't forget that. Don't get too mad at each other and think of your families first before investing in an expensive "hot" book.

signing out for now,

Jerel

definately a bad time to sell comics...same for doing computer work, tends to taper off in the summer cause people are prancing around on the beach. I think i'll just hold on to any 'future Hot' stuff i have until the kiddies get back in school.

Good time to stockpile, or buy cheap from desperate ebayers.

Edited by krighton

Heck, I figure I'm just not into paying $$$ for funnybooks anymore (this used to be my favorite thread in 2008). I guess, my seven year old visits to this place are about over. I do enjoy reading a random title, but other hobbies and interests have been more appealing lately. If this be my last post on here for a while, I want to say you guys are really great folks, capable of generous good deeds to one another. Please don't forget that. Don't get too mad at each other and think of your families first before investing in an expensive "hot" book.

signing out for now,

Jerel

Pay attention a few of you. Just put the dude on ignore and be done with it. This is ridiculous. This thread will get locked again.

Edited by Fastballspecial

signing out for now,

Jerel

Pay attention a few of you. Just put the dude on ignore and be done with it. This is ridiculous. This thread will get locked again.

We don't have helium. Just use the hydrogen. :insane:

Some books that are consistently getting at least two bids, $10+ and always falling into the category of Moderns heating up on eBay this past week.

• Rai 1
  • Superman, Man of Steel 17/18
  • Magnus Robot Fighter 12
  • Astonishing X-Men 51 Wedding Kiss
  • Avengers Vs X-Men 1 Midtown Variant
  • Tomb Raider 50
  • Detective 1
  • Thanos Quest 1
  • Batman Adventures 12
  • Harbinger 1

More results can be found on The Market.

A mailing list is still yet to be determined. Most due to current time constraints. In a month or two my summer will open up a little and I can get more done towards the topic. (thumbs u