• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,839 posts in this topic

it's a really good story.....too bad about the error issue which killed it's mo.

yeah, that was great and bad for me. great because i made a killing off them the day they came out, bad 'cause it surely killed any momentum it had

mtg will be a comic where everyone will have dumped all their quantity thinking it's dead and then BLAMMO it gets hot.

the upcoming covers got me excited. they look great. definitely could be a sleeper

mtg will be a comic where everyone will have dumped all their quantity thinking it's dead and then BLAMMO it gets hot.

i went to a shop the other day that had what looked like a pile of 50-75 copies of MTG 1 for cover price. for a nominal fee I can pick some up for you if you want.

Is there something going on with Spawn that I don't know about?

First, I see a copy of Spawn 1 go for $8 at Heroescon, and now I see this 13 issue lot going for $22 with time left. Or is this a couple of shills?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-IMAGE-COMICS-FIRST-THIRTEEN-LOT-SPAWN-1-13-/180929717078?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2a20406356#ht_500wt_1287

could be shill bidding, but am i wrong in thinking that $22 for 13 issues (even if it's spawn) isn't a whole lot of money? if you're looking to start a run, that seems like a good price to get those at.

13 issues that can typically be snagged at $1 or less? That, and the number of bids just seem odd. Probably a shill.

#1 isn't really a dollar book. I suppose it is convenient for someone to get them all.at once.

I actually could have picked up 20+ copies of #1, for $1 each, this past weekend. Instead, I skipped out on those, and grabbed 2 copies of New X-Men #128 for $1 each. :banana:

i have never seen a NM copy of Spawn 1 in a dollar box. $2 box, yes, but never in a dollar box and I spend a lot of time dollar box diving. not saying they are not out there, just haven't seen one.

This was easily a $1 book pre SDCC.

Fixed that for ya (thumbs u

Found about 7 of these in my $3 bins that I prep for conventions.

Almost everyone is near mint.

So yeah, I would say $3 book.

I'd been looking for this book for the last two years in cheap boxes. Now I'm kicking myself that I didn't look harder.

Hmm, I had better look, but with my luck I tossed it into one of my ebay grab bag lots I sold recently

I liken the Revival CBLDF to Derek Jeter rookie cards...

You can buy all the Topps rookies you want or you can buy the UD SP rookie. It really comes down to what is rarer and what is more common and how you want to invest. Having 25 Topps rookies is cool, but 1 or 2 SP rookies is also pretty cool...

Personally after reading this thread and hearing from some friends...

It sounds like there is no shortage of Revivals on the shelf or from online comic shops?

well no shortage of Revival Cover A anyways (though midtown is close to selling out, i could have bought 20 yesterday and a few hours later they limited it to 1 per person)....Cover B is drying up....Convention cover is hit or miss.....CBLDF is to Revival what Comicspro was to ToT.

But yes, i'd trade 15 of my topps rookies for 1 UD SP.

don't think i haven't considered getting one of those in the forum selling area, i'd like 1 more to add to the kitty.

Edited by krighton

I liken the Revival CBLDF to Derek Jeter rookie cards...

You can buy all the Topps rookies you want or you can buy the UD SP rookie. It really comes down to what is rarer and what is more common and how you want to invest. Having 25 Topps rookies is cool, but 1 or 2 SP rookies is also pretty cool...

Personally after reading this thread and hearing from some friends...

It sounds like there is no shortage of Revivals on the shelf or from online comic shops?

Great analogy, definitely know what you mean as a former card collector.