• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

might have to list 5 copies of Revival. there's an auction for 5 copies at almost $40 right now

Saw it... Five copies for $51 (including ship).

What can I say.... it's hot!

While that sounds like a great sale, in theory after: Cost of book, proper shipping, PP & eBay fees, you're probably netting $15-$20

For me, its $2.77 x 5, just under $5 for shipping. Plus ebay/paypal fees, so close to $30 profit. And I have more than 5 copies. that's great for me. To each their own of course, but I might try listing 5 to see how it does.

ive not sold on eBay in a few years. im guessing that FVF is around 10%, Paypal takes another 3%,

then the shiping (if they arent shipped in a box, you're doing something wrong imo) so that adds up

a box costs me $1.40. shipping will be about $3.50 in the u.s. so, roughly $18.50 for the books and shipping in a box with bubble wrap. paypal fees aren't too bad, about $3. ebay fees are a little more, but easily $25 profit if the auction hits $50.

might have to list 5 copies of Revival. there's an auction for 5 copies at almost $40 right now

While that sounds like a great sale, in theory after: Cost of book, proper shipping, PP & eBay fees, you're probably netting $15-$20

For me, its $2.77 x 5, just under $5 for shipping. Plus ebay/paypal fees, so close to $30 profit. And I have more than 5 copies. that's great for me. To each their own of course, but I might try listing 5 to see how it does.

Bingo

Also go ahead and list and sell them now. :devil:

All wait another few issues Seeley doesnt disappoint. I have a feeling we have a winner here this isnt Fatale.

even if i sell 5 copies, i still have 3 right now to hold onto, and i think i can still find 1-3 more copies

All wait another few issues Seeley doesnt disappoint. I have a feeling we have a winner here this isnt Fatale. Although I wish the print run was lower. Anyone want to sum up the print numbers or do we not have them yet?

A little premature to claim that, no? It's only been the first issue. How's it a winner with only one issue out? Don't get me wrong, I love the book so far. But with Fatale, it still holds profit in it for issue 1. Even now, 1A is going for $10, 1A signed is going for $20, and 1A SS is going for $75 "roughly". :whistle:

Can't wait to see where the story goes, but like almost every Image 1 that's been coming out, it still runs the risk of burning out speculatively speaking. A book always seems hot when boardies get to hoarding, but only time will tell...unless your, Jeff, of coarse. ;)

Fatale didn't turn into a blazing speculator hit, but, it's a great story.

Indeed, it didn't. But I never saw it as such. It wasn't going to continue either like Revival is supposed to. Personally, I saw the short term return. Not too much invested into it, but enough to make the investment in return and more on top of that. It's a great read so far for me, and others, so I get to enjoy riding the wave while making more than cover on them. And even if it's not at cover, shoot even if they sell for a buck each, that's still a buck in profit. ;)

Edited by FIREFLY

i think once Saga wraps up the early issues maybe end up being biggish....the RRP has been dropping in price some and the regular #1 has been rising, multiple reprintings isn't hurting.

Edited by krighton

All wait another few issues Seeley doesnt disappoint. I have a feeling we have a winner here this isnt Fatale. Although I wish the print run was lower. Anyone want to sum up the print numbers or do we not have them yet?

A little premature to claim that, no? It's only been the first issue. How's it a winner with only one issue out? Don't get me wrong, I love the book so far. But with Fatale, it still holds profit in it for issue 1. Even now, 1A is going for $10, 1A signed is going for $20, and 1A SS is going for $75 "roughly". :whistle:

Can't wait to see where the story goes, but like almost every Image 1 that's been coming out, it still runs the risk of burning out speculatively speaking. A book always seems hot when boardies get to hoarding, but only time will tell...unless your, Jeff, of coarse. ;)

Yes I agree its premature. I just dont back many horses and I think this one's a winner. All that said we do need about 4 issues to really get an idea of where it goes, but Seeley had a built in audience for this book already and whatever he can leached from WD and other Zombie fans are a bonus.

i don't think Saga needs a tv/movie for the early issues to do well....they've steadily increased since release.

Personally I just havent liked the book overall, but the sales and buzz dont lie. Vaughn has a built in audience and they all liked the book. It will continue to thrive I think. (Insert Branget comment here.)

Edited by Fastballspecial

Yes I agree its premature. I just dont back many horses and I think this one's a winner. All that said we do need about 4 issues to really get an idea of where it goes, but Seeley had a built in audience for this book already and whatever he can leached from WD and other Zombie fans are a bonus.

Agreed. I'm part of that audience and await further unravelling.

i love my LCS. i just found and sold a copy of nightwing #4 a week ago for$21 plus shipping. went by right now, and got another copy of revival, plus another copy of nightwing #4, both for less than cover.

i don't think Saga needs a tv/movie for the early issues to do well....they've steadily increased since release.

Personally I just havent liked the book overall, but the sales and buzz dont lie. Vaughn has a built in audience and they all liked the book. It will continue to thrive I think. (Insert Branget comment here.)

So it wasn't dumb of me to have hunted down another 10 copies of #1 and aged them for the last few weeks?

And what's wrong with netting $15-$20 for 10-15 minutes of work durting one's off hours?

So it wasn't dumb of me to have hunted down another 10 copies of #1 and aged them for the last few weeks?

First prints have got to and held value for all of this time, and now are ticking up again, and people still want to buy them, so probably not! Did you pull them out of the dollar bin?

Edited by Zaitsev

Unless, a movie or TV show is made out of them for whatever reason.

But seriously how often does that happen? Hardly ever. TWD is a phenomenon that no other series will get close to. There's always talk of movies/TV series of other new books and that fuels speculation in itself.