• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,834 posts in this topic

Wow, just noticed the Thief of Thieves thread is almost on page 4 of this forum. It was all anyone was talking about a couple of months ago. hm

Yup,but its still selling,and selling well,especially in either raw or cgc 9.8

ToT does fluctuate a bit but has remained fairly steady....even though discussion of the comic has dropped off some. If the pilot gets to the filming stage i would expect there to be more interest.

A 9.8 CGC of #1 sold for $160.00 a day or so ago, less than it sold for at its peak but still good for a comic that has less than 7 issues.

Edited by krighton

I redid the core engine to the Market to effectively filter out variants and pull better results. I also added a link at the top for video games as per a forum members suggestion. Click on the image of the SNES.

And on to the non valiant books that are doing well on eBay are listed as follows in pricing order!:

• Chew #1
  • Thief of Thieves #1
  • NYX #3
  • Vengence of Bane #1 & 2
  • Peter Panzerfaust #1
  • Adventure Time: Marceline And The Scream Queens #1
  • Harbinger #1
  • Saga #1
  • Justice League #1 2nd print
  • Swamp Thing #1
  • Thanos Quest
  • Manhattan Projects #1
  • Batman #1

Edited by whetteon

similar auction sold for $42 a day or so ago.....people were calling Chew 1 at $19.99 insane also.

The difference is that Chew #1 wasn't available for cover price on eBay at any point - on the day of its release, the first listings had a $20 price tag due to all the pre-hype.

Is the Wildcats selling just hype from the potential relaunch? And - I'll ask again - were they distributed signed or did everyone and their mama back then get Jim Lee to sign their copies?

Not sure why they are picking up suddenly but they are moving up in price from just a few months ago. As for the signing, I've seen some with signatures and some with no signatures. There must of been some sort of promotional event where they signed a buttload of them.

I redid the core engine to the Market to effectively filter out variants and pull better results. I also added a link at the top for video games as per a forum members suggestion. Click on the image of the SNES.

And on to the non valiant books that are doing well on eBay are listed as follows in pricing order!:

• Chew #1
  • Thief of Thieves #1
  • NYX #3
  • Vengence of Bane #1 & 2
  • Peter Panzerfaust #1
  • Adventure Time: Marceline And The Scream Queens #1
  • Harbinger #1
  • Saga #1
  • Justice League #1 2nd print
  • Swamp Thing #1
  • Thanos Quest
  • Manhattan Projects #1
  • Batman #1

Thanks for adding that filter! (worship)

Unless, a movie or TV show is made out of them for whatever reason.

But seriously how often does that happen? Hardly ever. TWD is a phenomenon that no other series will get close to. There's always talk of movies/TV series of other new books and that fuels speculation in itself.

Disagree and agree. How many comic book movies/TV shows have been made already? With TV looking at the success of TWD , I'm concluding that even more interest will be placed at looking into comics for revenue. Smallville was another example of a success based on a comic book character. It's premature to say that "TWD is a phenomenon that no other series will get close to", don't you think? We can't predict the future and that's why I disagree with that statement. How many people do you think may have believed that funny books would have never amounted to anything beyond paper before this media craze?

I do agree, though, that "talk" about books getting picked up causes a bump in speculation. That's pretty much a given.

Upstairs Downstairs...there are some VERY popular BBC shows, they don't need to translate to be enjoyable, Sherlock, Doctor Who, etc.

if it turns out to be a cool tv show then there's the chance it will be seen in the US.

Edited by krighton