• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

What's up with Batman #4?

from what I remember, it was a lower print run and a good chunk of them shipped kinda beat up or with a flaw of some sort. I'm sure someone here knows exactly.

Print run of 133,000 isn't rare but some of those are the variants. But many were damaged so 9.8's have been tough. Came out the same week as Nightwing 4 which has the same damage. Not sure if Batman 4 was returnable or not.

Top 15 comics that are interesting buyers on eBay and are NOT variants or sets (...of comics).

Uncanny X-Force #2

Thief of Thieves #1

Witchblade #1

Peter Panzerfaust #1

Uncanny X-Men #266

Batman Adventures: Mad Love #1

Nightwing #4

New X-Men #128

Saga #1

Everybody loves Tank Girl #1

Amazing Spider-Man #607

Batman #1

Thief of Thieves #2

Revival #1

Manhattan Projects #1

And for god sakes go to The Lyria Market and bookmark the page! Tons of up to date information there - like the total weekly eBay listings for the last couple of months! (thumbs u

Top 15 comics that are interesting buyers on eBay and are NOT variants or sets (...of comics).

Uncanny X-Force #2

Thief of Thieves #1

Witchblade #1

Peter Panzerfaust #1

Uncanny X-Men #266

Batman Adventures: Mad Love #1

Nightwing #4

New X-Men #128

Saga #1

Everybody loves Tank Girl #1

Amazing Spider-Man #607

Batman #1

Thief of Thieves #2

Revival #1

Manhattan Projects #1

And for god sakes go to The Lyria Market and bookmark the page! Tons of up to date information there - like the total weekly eBay listings for the last couple of months! (thumbs u

I checked out Lyria the other day. Need to set up a profile. Is this your site? The articles were good (the ones I read at least). (thumbs u

O Boy is PP #1 hot now in raw.

Sales are literally going up in $10 increments.

Someones listing a raw for over $100!!

Batgirl #13 is starting to break cover price on Ebay as high as $10

Based on:

#1 calls from other retailers scrambling for extra's

#2 buys on the retailer CBIA forum

#3 the fact that Diamond is sold out.

#4 DC's promotional efforts at NYCC look to be Joker centric.

I'd say the3 upward trend will continue...

Snag em at cover price tomorrow gang.

Batgirl #13 is starting to break cover price on Ebay as high as $10

Based on:

#1 calls from other retailers scrambling for extra's

#2 buys on the retailer CBIA forum

#3 the fact that Diamond is sold out.

#4 DC's promotional efforts at NYCC look to be Joker centric.

I'd say the3 upward trend will continue...

Snag em at cover price tomorrow gang.

The regular version or the variant? Will it be as big as Justice League #12?

Justice League #12 had a nice little week or two...

Eh, I think the window was shorter than that. Some of those eBay sales look suspect. I think you have to call that a turkey.

But Batgirl will have a print run at least half of Justice League. Still don't think it's a good bet to flip for a couple of dollars. Lot of work for very little pay off. If someone collects it through LCS shelf purchase, it'd be a good idea to pick one up before it gets unfairly hoarded.

People are going to be disappointed by the lack of involvement of the joker in batgirl 13, I have higher hopes for Catwoman 13. For the record, Batman 13 was amazing and I am completely thrilled for the Death of the Family story arc. Does anyone know if there are any Batgirl or Catwoman variants? There was supplemental Batman variant that wasn't initially solicited by Diamond b/c of the subsequent decision to have the die cut cover series. I wonder if DC is going to put out the original covers to Batgirl or Catwoman? Also does anyone know the ratio for the Batman 13 mirror cover? Thanks!

The mirror cover was the original solicitation image. It wasn't a supplement. There was always going to be a variant. Sadly, the inside credits Aaron Kuder as the variant cover artist instead of Capullo.

It got flipped to the variant when Capullo came up with the die cut covers. It could be ordered based on your lowest DC order for the week. so if your shop ordered 200 Batman, 30 Batgirl and 8 Team 7's then they could order 8 Batman variants.

Does anyone concur?

This was the original variant before the switch:

batman13variant.jpg