• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

was at a shop to day and they had bazillions of batman 13. cool cover.

What about Batgirl 13 ?

the guys working there were talking about how they were getting calls asking for it, so they were probably about to yank them off the shelves to triple the price on them.

this wasn't one of my usual places, just stopped by to check it out as it has new ownership, all back issues are priced at the counter (which i can't stand because i don't think they even look at OPG, i think they go to ebay or myscomicshop to figure it out and come up with the highest figure possible no doubt)...a few comics had prices on them, there was a fair/good copy of Infinity Gauntlet 4 marked at $18!!!! and a Batman the Man Who Laughts (i assume 1st print) for $40. i dunno if those were the prices or whether they' still look them up.

tons of back issues, but no way i am even going to bother pulling a stack for them to give me a jacked up price on. they will go out of business paying manhattan rents just like the prior shop that was there did.

the irony is that the owner owns another store i frequent where EVERYTHING is priced up and i actually find some good deals. difference is, the location i was in today has 50X as many back issues (though many were junk), so I can see why they haven't attempted the daunting task of pricing everything. but he had stuff marked at $8 in one location that is in the dollar box at the other location!

anyway, i'm probably not going back unless the owner i know is there.

but anyway, other than roger's time machine (and i'm not thrilled with it there, but at least with roger there's negotiation and he has tough to find stuff) i have no patience with the "no prices" model. i understand they do this so that no hot book slips through the cracks, but why should i spend 2 hours going through 50 long boxes only to bring my stack up to the counter and pay top dollar for this junk? why should i do all this work for them? plus, i know when you express an interest in something, it automatically results in the price being higher. i've seen it at one of my other LCSes where i go through an unpriced newly acquired group of books and ask for a price on some issues...the price i get is inevitably higher than it would have been had he just priced it up on his own. just the other day I got a $20 quote on some book and said i'd pass as he wasn't willing to negotiate. 2 days later when he finally put a price on the book it was only $15.

What is driving Batgirl 13? (I don't keep up with moderns that much, so please excuse my ignorance).

+1

Part of the 'Death of the Family' crossover.

Yes, and in a 'Bat' book that has less than half the print run of the main Bat books. Meaning that, a lot of people who don't regularly read it are going to want it as a part of the crossover.

What is driving Batgirl 13? (I don't keep up with moderns that much, so please excuse my ignorance).

+1

Part of the 'Death of the Family' crossover.

Yes, and in a 'Bat' book that has less than half the print run of the main Bat books. Meaning that, a lot of people who don't regularly read it are going to want it as a part of the crossover.

+1... this has screwed me over in the past :frustrated:

was at a shop to day and they had bazillions of batman 13. cool cover.

What about Batgirl 13 ?

the guys working there were talking about how they were getting calls asking for it, so they were probably about to yank them off the shelves to triple the price on them.

this wasn't one of my usual places, just stopped by to check it out as it has new ownership, all back issues are priced at the counter (which i can't stand because i don't think they even look at OPG, i think they go to ebay or myscomicshop to figure it out and come up with the highest figure possible no doubt)...a few comics had prices on them, there was a fair/good copy of Infinity Gauntlet 4 marked at $18!!!! and a Batman the Man Who Laughts (i assume 1st print) for $40. i dunno if those were the prices or whether they' still look them up.

tons of back issues, but no way i am even going to bother pulling a stack for them to give me a jacked up price on. they will go out of business paying manhattan rents just like the prior shop that was there did.

the irony is that the owner owns another store i frequent where EVERYTHING is priced up and i actually find some good deals. difference is, the location i was in today has 50X as many back issues (though many were junk), so I can see why they haven't attempted the daunting task of pricing everything. but he had stuff marked at $8 in one location that is in the dollar box at the other location!

anyway, i'm probably not going back unless the owner i know is there.

but anyway, other than roger's time machine (and i'm not thrilled with it there, but at least with roger there's negotiation and he has tough to find stuff) i have no patience with the "no prices" model. i understand they do this so that no hot book slips through the cracks, but why should i spend 2 hours going through 50 long boxes only to bring my stack up to the counter and pay top dollar for this junk? why should i do all this work for them? plus, i know when you express an interest in something, it automatically results in the price being higher. i've seen it at one of my other LCSes where i go through an unpriced newly acquired group of books and ask for a price on some issues...the price i get is inevitably higher than it would have been had he just priced it up on his own. just the other day I got a $20 quote on some book and said i'd pass as he wasn't willing to negotiate. 2 days later when he finally put a price on the book it was only $15.

LCS by me did the same thing. I rooted through long boxes for hours the other day, nothing was priced other than cover. I get to the register with a stack of at least 50 books. Out comes the calculator and prices are all over the place. Told the owner to forget it and that his business practices are terrible. I'll never set foot in that store again.

I think there will be momentary renewed interest in Fatale and that new projects will have increased heat. I don't expect to see any really large moves unless the new project has something to do with his TV projects and then its game on! What do you think?

I think there will be momentary renewed interest in Fatale and that new projects will have increased heat. I don't expect to see any really large moves unless the new project has something to do with his TV projects and then its game on! What do you think?

The article talks as if he has one project already written or in the works and another he is writing strictly for TV. So it doesnt really give an indication if its already been written or not.

Batgirl #13 on UKs eBay, cheapest £5.95 :)

During the day, it was still for cover price...

I picked 3 copies in my LCS...

But in IMO, its gonna end up like Justice League #12...

Edited by Dragunov

Disagree. Beginning prologue of a huge story, low print run, and bat fans are crazy.

The above book had nothing of the 3.

>>But in IMO, its gonna end up like Justice League #12...<<

Nice.

I had a great 10 day Ebay / Amazon run with Justice League #12.

( it was $14 on amazon for 36 hours...)

It was no Walking Dead, but it payed a bill or two.

I'd be shocked If you guys cant play your typical:

Cherry pick a lcs at cover price / solicit a FREE autograph at a show / pay a witness / slab fee & flip it for a few bucks on the internet, game.

THAT'S what you guys DO, right?

I'll keep my comments to you high rollers at "Walking Dead level potential " ONLY, going forward...

;)

(During NYCC set up today, I saw a stack priced $10...so there's that :)

Edited by LarrysComics

>>But in IMO, its gonna end up like Justice League #12...<<

Nice.

I had a great 10 day Ebay / Amazon run with Justice League #12.

( it was $14 on amazon for 36 hours...)

It was no Walking Dead, but it payed a bill or two.

I'd be shocked If you guys cant play your typical:

Cherry pick a lcs at cover price / solicit a FREE autograph at a show / pay a witness / slab fee & flip it for a few bucks on the internet, game.

THAT'S what you guys DO, right?

I'll keep my comments to you high rollers at "Walking Dead level potential " ONLY, going forward...

;)

(During NYCC set up today, I saw a stack priced $10...so there's that :)

dont you flip books too?

Disagree. Beginning prologue of a huge story, low print run, and bat fans are crazy.

The above book had nothing of the 3.

Have you read Batgirl #13?

it has absolutely nothing to do with Death of the family, people paying top $ just to read it will be very disappointed

>>Have you read Batgirl #13?<<

Content of Batgirl #13 is rock solid.

Agtreed, Lame crossover material IMHO.

Ed Benes is Gail Simone's Greg Capullo.

It WILL be needed to complete the set.

As WILL next weeks sold out Catwoman #13

In 3 months, WHICH sets will be more desirable on the aftermarket?

Sets WITH prologue, OR sets WITHOUT prologue?

Ultimately this book is but a bump in the road.