• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,839 posts in this topic

>>Have you read Batgirl #13?<<

Content of Batgirl #13 is rock solid.

Agtreed, Lame crossover material IMHO.

Ed Benes is Gail Simone's Greg Capullo.

It WILL be needed to complete the set.

As WILL next weeks sold out Catwoman #13

In 3 months, WHICH sets will be more desirable on the aftermarket?

Sets WITH prologue, OR sets WITHOUT prologue?

Ultimately this book is but a bump in the road.

For people who want the complete set to have a complete set, it will do ok.

For people who want to read the complete crossover, it will be very disappointing,

there's the difference

For people who want the complete set to have a complete set it will do ok.

That's pertinent to the Moderns that are heating up on ebay thread on the CGC forums.

For people who want to read the complete crossover, it will be very disappointing.

I'm not sure that's really pertinent on the Moderns that are heating up on ebay thread on the CGC forums.

DC fan message boards maybe?

:0

Edited by LarrysComics

I sold three of the batgirl 13's yesterday for $9 each plus $7 shipping, would say it is going to be hot for batman collectors

I was a little to nice I think when I sold two copies for 21.99 shipped.. Owell hopefully I made a fan happy since I have zero interest in Bat universe stuff.

For people who want the complete set to have a complete set, it will do ok.

I assume that's pertinent to the Moderns that are heating up on ebay thread on the CGC forums.

For people who want to read the complete crossover, it will be very disappointing.

I'm not sure that's really pertinent on the Moderns that are heating up on ebay thread on the CGC forums. DC fan message boards maybe?

Right back at ya

"Ed Benes is Gail Simone's Greg Capullo."

"It WILL be needed to complete the set."

"In 3 months, WHICH sets will be more desirable on the aftermarket?

Sets WITH prologue, OR sets WITHOUT prologue?"

"Ultimately this book is but a bump in the road."

fill yer boots Larry

I sold three of the batgirl 13's yesterday for $9 each plus $7 shipping, would say it is going to be hot for batman collectors

I was a little to nice I think when I sold two copies for 21.99 shipped.. Owell hopefully I made a fan happy since I have zero interest in Bat universe stuff.

I usually do not collect Batman either but, after reading batman 13 I will be definitely keeping a copy of each book in the series. This will be a phenomenal storyline and cannot wait for the rest

It is weird. My best guess is that there are a handful of collectors who think the normal diecut #13 is actually the variant, and that the dark-Joker-with-mirror-&-lipstick #13 is the 'regular version' sold off the racks (because honestly, that's what I would have thought if I didn't read these boards and couldn't get to a shop).

It doesn't explain why they didn't buy cheaper copies of the diecut ones, but at least explains why they might have been willing to overpay. (shrug)

It is weird. My best guess is that there are a handful of collectors who think the normal diecut #13 is actually the variant, and that the dark-Joker-with-mirror-&-lipstick #13 is the 'regular version' sold off the racks (because honestly, that's what I would have thought if I didn't read these boards and couldn't get to a shop).

It doesn't explain why they didn't buy cheaper copies of the diecut ones, but at least explains why they might have been willing to overpay. (shrug)

I agree with you. Some people are expecting the covers that were solicted and not the die cut covers which people are selling and claiming them to be what the are not...Variants.

Edited by Sleepindeath

I agree with you. Some people are expecting the covers that were solicted and not the die cut covers which people are selling and claiming them to be what the are not...Variants.

Cue Sarcasm. That'll endear people to the hobby and keep them around.

Cue Sarcasm. That'll endear people to the hobby and keep them around.

That is why I mentioned it. Sellers are out to make money, but why ripoff a potential repeat customer?

I'd be shocked If you guys cant play your typical:

Cherry pick a lcs at cover price / solicit a FREE autograph at a show / pay a witness / slab fee & flip it for a few bucks on the internet, game.

THAT'S what you guys DO, right?

I'll keep my comments to you high rollers at "Walking Dead level potential " ONLY, going forward...

Yo, Larry, why the sarcasm?

What is driving Batgirl 13? (I don't keep up with moderns that much, so please excuse my ignorance).

+1

Part of the 'Death of the Family' crossover.

Yes, and in a 'Bat' book that has less than half the print run of the main Bat books. Meaning that, a lot of people who don't regularly read it are going to want it as a part of the crossover.

(thumbs u

NYCC floor report:

Just got a call from my booth telling me to bring more blank sketch covers.

VERY hot at $5-$10

( and YES, the early dealer scramble is for Batgirl #13, sharks looking to conquer the NYCC micro market ))

Edited by LarrysComics