• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

Find a good online retailer... even if you don't always buy from them they usually have a nice heads up on everything up and coming as it is in their interests.

I guess as some variant availability is being dictated equaling the LCS lowest order from their releases I can see why a few 2nd prints will never make the shelves.

I went back to my LCS and they still had about 50 copies of Batman 13 on the shelf. I grabbed two more and I grabbed the 1:10 Joker variant for $10. - It was weird because I went to Midtown Comics after the Con and they had a ton of Batgirl 13, but sold out of Batman....But seems everyone else had the opposite problem, at least initially.

I grabbed two of NYCC Batman variants also and was thinking of putting a group into an auction. Not really sure how I want to do this yet.

Now, the $64,000 question is....When should I sell ? - Now ?.....Later ?? -

Spawn 185 B&W

Just sold on eBay for 2,076.25!

WOW!

It was also in raw condition. I'd say no better than VF tops.

:o

I purchased an entire collection of comics from an auctioneer in Los Angeles CA.

The auctioneer, purchased the comics while conducting an auction at

Brain Holguin address. At the time, I did not know who this person is or what

he did for Spawn, Aria or other comics. It was only after I brought the

collection to San Antonio and researched with a freind who helped me understand

more about comics.

Now, can I prove what I am saying...the auction was completed on September 24, 2012 by

:mad:

I can't tell you how angry I was regarding the bad timing (for me) of this auction. I'm one of the crazy folks who would have spent the cash on that book. Only 60 copies exist.

I saw one copy move on eBay last year for far less and it was in far better shape than the one that sold yesterday.

The book is molten hot.

Oh...and if that Spawn comic really did belong to Holguin...then he should take better care of his comics!

One corner on that copy was bent all to h**l.

Will the new Batgirl storyline float the boat for the Killing Joke as well? hm

If they take a new approach with this new Arc for her and it has that Killing Joke vibe to it, then there will be some new readers looking for Killing Joke but I can't imagine it being enough to get em hot.

How the heck do people get second prints? My LCS is always stand offish when I ask about ordering them, but they do sometimes appear on the shelves. But typically, I don't even know about it 'em until after they're sold out.

Ask them differently. Say 'hey if I hand you money to keep your lights on, will you get me something that is as easy as one click to get and will keep me happy?' If my LCS can order me something, he wants to get it for me. He gets stand offish when I don't ask about ordering me more stuff to buy.

>>moved a lot of 6 NM/NM+ Batgirls at 69.99 +sh on ebay this morning. Gonna use that profit to get a few more and some Catwomans tomorrow. Probaby repeat this pattern a few times and buy myself some SA Tec/Batman issues Ive been eyeing with the proceeds. <<

Damn. THAT'S what it's all about.

Well played Sir,

My opinion. For MAX cash.

Make sets. Buy = parts weekly.

Sell in 45 days.

oQRAr.png

;) ... we will see.

Only thing that casts a bit of doubt with me is the chart topping print runs of the Bat books in general. Am I the only one that balks at the prices of sets right now knowing how many of them must be around?

Soooo "Garf"

In your opinion,

The high print runs of the Bat books make this a NO PLAY in the modern speculation arena. Should be avoided. Invest our money & time into Golden age, Original art, bronze, silver.

Sage advice, indeed.

Got it.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Comics-/63/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=batman+13&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=63&_okw=&_oexkw=&_adv=1&LH_Complete=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=200&_fpos=&_fsct=&LH_SALE_CURRENCY=0&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50

Edited by LarrysComics

I am seeing the numbers but it still baffles me....

Edit: It's like some post TWD bubble that is hoovering everything up. Still you said 45 days. Timing, timing, timing... and yes it is fun.

Edited by Garf

Headed straight to the LCS that had about 20 Batman #13s for cover price on Sunday (snagged a couple then, thankfully) right after work today hoping they were still clueless. Unfortunately for me, they had their remaining copies marked at $19.99 already. You snooze you loose, I guess. :cry:

However, they did have one combo pack still at cover, and I decided to bend and pick up the Variant cover for $30 to mark up at $50 for the local 2-day show this weekend.

It sounds like Catwoman will be underordered a bit locally as well. While I was mulling over the variant the two workers at the store I was at were muttering about the co-worker (not present) who does the ordering and complaining that he only ordered a couple of extra copies above their file customers' pull lists. lol

Edited by kimik

Anybody see this about Red Hood #13? Not listed officially as a DOTF tie-in...but

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/10/16/speculator-corner-red-robin-and-the-outlaws-13-massive-spoiler/

Good GOD Man!

I posted that info here at 7:23 am today.

Catwoman is coming out of the gate, above cover price.

Batman #13 is a rock solid $20 sale on Ebay right now.

http://Support-the-Collectors-Society.com/sch/Comics-/63/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=CATWOMAN+13&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=63&_okw=&_oexkw=&_adv=1&LH_Complete=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=200&_fpos=&_fsct=&LH_SALE_CURRENCY=0&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50

What I know about the Bat, 13's:

Last Tuesday when I saw the covers, I immediately knew that I did NOT have enough.

I placed my first batch of re-orders at 10:39est & got confirmed.

Later at 1p I tried to get more. EVERYTHING including Catwoman was SOLD OUT.

You can't go wrong picking up Catwoman #13 at cover price.

You can't go wrong picking up Red Hood & the Outlaws #13 at cover price. ( NOT officially part of the prologue BUT it's MORE of a crossover than Batgirl & Catwoman. no mask either. )

The money books are the "mask" covers

only the first of ea title.

to clarify: Batman #13 is a die cut Joker mask cover. #14, #15, #16, #17 are NOT

Batgirl #13 is a die cut Joker mask cover. #14, #15, #16, are NOT

Catwoman #13 is a die cut Joker mask cover. #14 is NOT

Suicide Squad #14 is a die cut Joker mask cover. #15 is NOT

Batman & Robin #15 is a die cut Joker mask cover. #16 is NOT

Red Hood & the Outlaws #15 is a die cut Joker mask cover. #16 is NOT

Detective #15 is a die cut Joker mask cover. #16 is NOT

Nightwing #15 is a die cut Joker mask cover. #16 is NOT

Teen Titans #15 is a die cut Joker mask cover.

There will be 9 die cut Joker mask covers.

Is buying OA, Gold, Silver & Bronze is a better investment?

Yuuuuup.

BUT moderns come out every week.

I think it's more fun.

Edited by LarrysComics

Seriously ... it baffles the f**k out of me. So much so it bothers me. The Batgirl and Catwoman I can understand. *sigh* but I can't argue numbers in the short term.

I swear these comic book prices are trolling me...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Batgirl-13-Death-of-a-Family-Joker-Die-Cut-Cover-1st-Print-Sold-Out-New-52-/130784687778?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item1e735ff6a2&nma=true&si=sq9o2CpNX%2FklDf2d5%2B9wlw4fNvE%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Well there is mark up on them now but people in the UK can knock themselves out here

http://amazing-fantasy-comics.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=0&products_id=56320

Edited by Garf