• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,839 posts in this topic

blah blah blah, i will declare myself right without facts cause i cant handle the truth.

subscribe to GPA? lol. oh the irony. Someday I'll explain what my names all about :D

you arent worth it hun, keep wailing and flailing.

i'm sorry you overpaid for WD. But like Nico said, the threads moved on....

So... Bedlam 1A seems to be chugging along nicely. Not as many listings yet as I would have expected and creeping towards a solid $10.

yah, considering some of the guesses (even larry's) on the print run, one would expect to see a lot more for sale already.

blah blah blah, i will declare myself right without facts cause i cant handle the truth.

subscribe to GPA? lol. oh the irony. Someday I'll explain what my names all about :D

:facepalm:

I can find more Bedlam Phantom Variants or really any of the variants online for sale than the regular cover.

Probably just a result of a greater percentage of these books being bought for the insta-flip. The regular cover probably outnumbers the total number of variants by a factor of 5 to 1.

I can find more Bedlam Phantom Variants or really any of the variants online for sale than the regular cover.

Probably just a result of a greater percentage of these books being bought for the insta-flip. The regular cover probably outnumbers the total number of variants by a factor of 5 to 1.

For sure, a lot of the variants were sold before the 1st print which is likely why they still outnumber on ebay. It's definitely going to be interesting to see what the actual print run on the regular covers comes back as.

I agree with that. May also have to do with the weather. I have 20 copies of the regular cover that are still not in my possession due to shipping delays from the hurricane.

For the record, I think that WD No. 1 is as low as its going to go ($1,500) until the TV Show gets canceled and the films are out of the zeitgeist of the public. The most recent interview about the length of the show had one of the executive directors saying that 7 seasons wouldn't be enough and that they intended to make films after the TV Show.

But, I would like to see this conversation end and dialogue move on to something that is less contentious. My 2 cents.

Oh my God. You're mysterious. lol

noob.

noob.

I agree with that. May also have to do with the weather. I have 20 copies of the regular cover that are still not in my possession due to shipping delays from the hurricane.

20? nice. Out of curiosity do you generally go that big on series shaping to be hits (Revival, Saga, etc), or just Bedlam?

I have all the variants lined up on Bedlam(except Detroit), and a few pre-ordered 9.8s of the regular cover. I'm planning to sell most early on, and just keep a small amount back for later.

noob.

20? nice. Out of curiosity do you generally go that big on series shaping to be hits (Revival, Saga, etc), or just Bedlam?

I have all the variants lined up on Bedlam(except Detroit), and a few pre-ordered 9.8s of the regular cover. I'm planning to sell most early on, and just keep a small amount back for later.

If it's getting some press on the boards here, I'll try to grab some copies early. With bedlam I got them ordered early at 50% off. I'll probably sell 10 right away, get my initial investment back plus some if I can, and keep the rest if it blows up. Did same with Revival but didn't order early on that. Just picked up as much as I could after I read issue #1. Same with Saga. Bedlam was my first real early early order.

Edited by HugeRosen

If it's getting some press on the boards here, I'll try to grab some copies early. With bedlam I got them ordered early at 50% off. I'll probably sell 10 right away, get my initial investment back plus some if I can, and keep the rest if it blows up. Did same with Revival but didn't order early on that. Just picked up as much as I could after I read issue #1. Same with Saga. Bedlam was my first real early early order.

Nice job on the 50% off. I've been overspending on comics this year, but I also generally wont pay cover for a modern regular issue. Though, 50% off is a lot nicer discount than I have available around here :).

Some books that are on the Lyria Market Watch that are not variants...

• NYX #3
  • Thief of Thieves #1
  • Next Men #21
  • Saga #1
  • Batman #1
  • Peter Panzerfaust #1
  • Black Panther #23
  • What if Venom Possessed Deadpool #1
  • Catwoman #13
  • Batman: Vengence of Bane #1
  • Nightwing #4
  • Adventure Time #1
  • Batman And Robin #1

And some interesting variants to watch as well... :grin:

• Uncanny Avengers #1 Deadpool Call Me Maybe Variant
  • Batman Dark Knight #1 RRP Variant
  • Archer and Armstrong #1 Gold Variant
  • Batman #13 Sketch Variant
  • Harbinger #1 Voice Variant
  • Bedlam #1 Phatom Variant
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Annual Wrap Lay-Out Variant
  • Revival #1 1:10 Variant

Also BuyItNow auctions cannot hold equal weight to auctions where people bid (when looking at ebay data).

--------

Why is that? If there are a lot of BIN sales that is simply part of the market data to weigh. While I can see discounting a bizarro BIN sale on either end of the spectrum (a BIN that was hit in 30 seconds because someone priced a 9.8 slab at the "top" OPG 9.2 price, let's say, not knowing any better, or a wacky BIN on the high end)..the same could be said for an auction...one might go way low because the seller/auction seemed a little fishy (or S/H was $200) and one might go way high due to buyer insanity, shilling, whatever.

Edited by the blob

For the record, I think that WD No. 1 is as low as its going to go ($1,500) until the TV Show gets canceled and the films are out of the zeitgeist of the public. The most recent interview about the length of the show had one of the executive directors saying that 7 seasons wouldn't be enough and that they intended to make films after the TV Show.

But, I would like to see this conversation end and dialogue move on to something that is less contentious. My 2 cents.

I have been intentionally not reading the series (other than a couple of issues that convinced me this was pretty good stuff) as I had wanted to get 1 - 100 in tpb form on the cheap (was slowly putting them together with 40% off coupons from Borders, but then they went under), but I think they're going to need to get another strong female character in there to replace the recently departed (if the comic doesn't do that already). i think a lot of women watch the show and while i suspect few of them are out there dropping $1500 on a WD 1...if a male collector/fan watches the show with wife/girlfriend, etc. and both are fans, i can see that as a purchase that will pass muster at home (so long as they can afford it).

heck, my wife was pretty interested in some WD OA when i showed it to her...particularly because it was the first page where rick wakes up and that's a pretty big deal...well, until she saw the price, of course!

(it drives my 7 year old nuts that mommy and daddy stay up late watching scarey shows about zombies and what not)

Edited by the blob