• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

Get to your LCS & focus on suicide Squad #14

Trust me.

I thought stores would have caught up with what was going on with the DOTF story and ordered enough Suicide Squad. Do you see this being another CW13?

I can't believe this thread as fallen to the bottom of the page, supplanted by all the poser moderns threads.

:facepalm:

Okay, how about we see the list of hot variant comics on eBay right now!

• Bedlam #1 NYCC Sketch - $150
  • Uncanny Avengers #1 Deadpool Sketch Variant - $70+
  • All New X-Men #1 Personalized Variant - $70+
  • Batman #13 Sketch Variant - $60
  • Bedlam #1 Forbidden Planet Variant (Unsigned)- $50+
  • Justice League #1 Sketch 1:200 Variant - $50+
  • Harbinger #1 1:50 Variant - $50
  • Uncanny Avengers #1 1:200 Variant - $50
  • Batman #1 Ethan Van Sciver Variant - $25+
  • Revival #1 1:10 Variant - $25

More to see at the Lyria Market Watch Website. :foryou:

Changed that just a little. The Bedlam FP Variant selling for $50 is the unsigned version. Its a little tougher to find.

Get to your LCS & focus on suicide Squad #14

Trust me.

I thought stores would have caught up with what was going on with the DOTF story and ordered enough Suicide Squad. Do you see this being another CW13?

I think people will pay a little more on ebay and any high prices will cool off fast.... there should be enough ordered from what I have seen. Definitely one to get early if you are putting together sets. Larry mentioned that he thinks sets will be hot Still on the fence about sets profit margin due to my limited funds but I do think they will be a LOT easier to shift. +1 to Larry.

Pretty much a no-go if you want to flip this in quick the UK. There will be a lot of UK LCS selling 30 - 50 of these at a time on ebay, and who knows how many they will have in their back pockets? Think you will just get undercut for a long time. May still work out if you hang onto them for a couple of months but maybe not.

Batgirl really took people by suprise and is going for 3x the price of the other #13's, Catwoman had people waiting for it just like Suicide Squad will.

- Batgirl heavily under-ordered

- Catwoman not as under-ordered was stocked at 2-3x what I saw for batgirl. It's been kept low/lower by the availability of a re-order.

- Suicide Squad is stocked over 5x what I saw batgirl at by some stores and not that much by others, in some cases less than catwoman. Either some stores are not betting on it because they know others will or are keeping some in the back pocket for ebay.

- Have seen 8 batgirl / 20 Catwoman / 60 SS at one place over the past few weeks.

(still think Catwoman and Batman have 150 - 200 sales EACH on ebay in general to go in the UK before heating up a little more).

edit: Catwoman 13 is being dumped a little by the impatient due to the amount still on BIN from LCS. Note that cover is slightly higher over here to start with for some books and from certain stores. Selling at £1.99 ($3.16) unless you are a LCS is a loss. Selling at £3.70 ($5.88) is hardly worth the effort low volume. Can't see SS doing better unless people are ignoring preludes.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CATWOMAN-13-DC-RELAUNCH-NEW-52-/221147533151?pt=UK_Books_Comics_Magazines_US_Comics_ET&hash=item337d6b8f5f

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CATWOMAN-13-DC-RELAUNCH-NEW-52-/221147532606?pt=UK_Books_Comics_Magazines_US_Comics_ET&hash=item337d6b8d3e

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DC-Comics-Catwoman-13-/350637165665?pt=UK_Books_Comics_Magazines_US_Comics_ET&hash=item51a39a8c61

I'm happy to sit on the fence here knowing that I can order from an LCS days (maybe weeks) after release before going to ebay.

Edited by Garf

Huh?

Suicide Squad isn't out yet?

"- Suicide Squad is stocked over 5x what I saw batgirl at by some stores and not that much by others, in some cases less than catwoman. Either some stores are not betting on it because they know others will or are keeping some in the back pocket for ebay."

How's TB going mate?

Huh?

"- Suicide Squad is stocked over 5x what I saw batgirl at by some stores and not that much by others, in some cases less than catwoman. Either some stores are not betting on it because they know others will or are keeping some in the back pocket for ebay."

go look at enough websites / pre-orders.... add one to your basket, start typing in ridiculous numbers, recalculate ... see what happens ;)

pre-orders

So he was right then.

was anybody wrong?

edit: thing is if there is information available showing what has already been ordered then use it. if the basket has an upper limit then in most cases it's what has been put in the previous order form.

Edited by Garf

Huh?

go look at enough websites / pre-orders.... add one to your basket, start typing in ridiculous numbers, recalculate ... see what happens ;)

you get a refund, simple.

99% of Marvel & DC can be re-ordered by shops as they are over printed.

Most decent retailers allow for this, if they didn't and they order 5 copies of Suicide squad & put only 5 copies on the website.... (pause for breathe) how does it look

when someone buys 5 copies 6 weeks before release and the website says "out of stock" for 6 weeks?

They also know when something is going to be out of stock & plan accordingly.

They also have 10 other retailers they can call (and can call on them) when they're in a jam.

You can buy 100 copies of Mars Attacks from my website, it does not mean you'll get them

Huh?

you get a refund, simple.

99% of Marvel & DC can be re-ordered by shops as they are over printed.

Most decent retailers allow for this, if they didn't and they order 5 copies of Suicide squad & put only 5 copies on the website.... (pause for breathe) how does it look

when someone buys 5 copies 6 weeks before release and the website says "out of stock" for 6 weeks?

They also know when something is going to be out of stock & plan accordingly.

They also have 10 other retailers they can call (and can call on them) when they're in a jam.

You can buy 100 copies of Mars Attacks from my website, it does not mean you'll get them

I understand exactly what you are saying, makes perfect sense... and you are after all in a much better position to see what is happening.

Having previously bought out stock from some places or even a large chunk I still watch what is selling to see what happens i.e. when retailers sell out (should really move this to the speculation thread).

In my (tiny?) mind if a place that I have seen sell out when their listed stock is gone has an increased limit for something else then they seem to be carrying more stock. Chances are this increase may even be to cater for people that want to buy comics at a time. Putting 100 into a shopping cart may not get me 100 comics if I try and buy, but on some sites it does give you a pretty solid idea of what is there at the time. i.e. pop in 100 and it returns 33 available. Then watch this go down until sold out. Remains sold out.

If I have put 2+2 together and come up with 345734875634875 then fair enough (shrug)

I still think its going to be a popular book but not the same beast in the secondary market. There will be a lot of people wanting to shift volume directly on ebay.

(I'm not getting any extras myself.... but still interested to see what happens. Flipping things here and there is a nice enough hobby for me to cover a comicbook habit or the odd PC part... can't claim to have more knowledge than a lot of people on here. Unfortunately I still have opinions :) Do you think SS will sell out fast?)

No, it was available for upping orders AFTER Batgirl #13 was released.

I do think it will hit Ebay on release day at £4.95 B.I.N though as a "RARE, HTF, SOLD OUT NM 1ST PRINT, SAGA, WALKING DEAD, CGC, 19, 27, AF 15 GEM MINT 10" though :(

which in turn means my shop customers & website regulars will get their copies

and it will be marked sold out for a week or two. THEN It'll go back up at cover 1 at a time.