• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

I don't know if I agree with the 'be there in a week' argument. I don't always get to new releases within the first week or two if I'm busy, I think two weeks is more than fair. Usually, the people that want them a couple weeks is enough time to determine that.

I'm not saying I disagree with guys buying multiple issues, I've bought a couple extras here and there but the problem with that is it can hurt the individual title. Case in point I grabbed 3 second prints of X-O Manowar#1, and 2 second prints of A&A#1, as both are considered more valuable than their respective first prints (especially X-O).

I happen to know of another guy that snagged 7 copies of X-O from this store, leaving the other three. I left behind two issues of A&A, because I had bought these on a second trip to the store after I had an epiphany, realizing that I'm hurting the success of the title by hoarding the first issues so other people can't get to them.

well, with tot #1 and chew #1 second prints now going for real money, the collector/reader who likes to get in early on a title still has the opportunity to potentially get more than just a 5-10 minute read out of their $2.99 expenditure...even if those are the exceptions.....

FYI ....books severely under ordered at my LCS Avenging Spider-man 16 and Daredevil 22. Out of the 60+ copies of SAGA all had color breaking spine ticks on that awesome purple cover. Looked like a printing mishap.

in the 90s it was mostly about the artists, now it's all about the writers....big difference...story driven wins every time.

But with the Internet new releases are hyped up so much it causes the books to sell out. Some books on here had threads dozens of pages long before the boom was even released.