• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

hard to tell, alot of people poo poohed peter panzerfaust and were planning to pick it up out of dollar boxes later on.

personally not enamored with the blackacre cover art, but the story was pretty enjoyable.

print run under 10k helps.

it's flying about as low under the radar as a comic can fly, only 8 current auctions on ebay.

Edited by krighton

Shouldn't we carry the Blackacre conversation over on the Blackacre thread until it actually heats up?? Just sayin'

With the tools on Ebay / Lyria / GPA / etc take your pick, we don't actually need this thread to find out what is already heating up on Ebay. Just go and look... although it is useful to have a one stop shop. I think it needs to retain a little bit of speculation in it to keep it moving between releases and because there is interest in that topic. That or the modern speculation thread needs some necromancy. The topics walk hand in hand so I am not surprised one survived and the smaller one faded. The "heating up" fuels the speculation. The speculation promotes inquiries about stock, shopping and shipping.

The modern board is quite fast so without sticky threads for e.g. Heating up / Speculation / Where to buy .... people will generally just want to ask the question on their mind based on what they are reading in the thread they are looking at. You look at the first page of threads and there is nowhere else you are likely to go but this one.

Personally what is most of interest to me on here is examples, predictions, news articles and chat. I'd say at the moment the thread is pretty balanced and you get people* like JimmyL who are quite happy to destroy it if it gets derailed too far. Which isn't always such a bad thing because sometimes you need to knock a structure down to the ground in order to rebuild it.

Just saying as well... not having a pop at anyone. Think I will shut up now :shy:

*characters

Hey, shouldn't we be talking about Bedlam #1 also? With a print run of 29,900 and still available at cover, I would think we could start a buying frenzy just like Blackacre #1!! :insane:

Problem is everyone already had their buying frenzy and are all burnt by the money they overpaid on the NYCC variants

So the only reason Bedlam (regular cover) isn't getting love is because unlike Blackacre (which has zero variants), it has too many variants? I'm just trying to make sense of it all.

Edited by zekebarrett