• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
69 69

63,923 posts in this topic

Not mind-blowing, but interesting nonetheless:

SUPERIOR SPIDERMAN # 1 CGC 9.8. LONDON SUPER COMIC CON VARIANT. FIRST ISSUE!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300866478656?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

9 hrs left, with 12 bidders up to $86.00.

I haven't seen too many of these slabbed yet.....waiting to see what the peak $ amt. will be.

Very cool cover BTW.

Did anyone ever get one of these? I ordered two from their site and never received them (shrug)

Yeah I got my two copies. One arrived NM+ while the other was VF/NM cant tell if it was shipping or production on the VF/NM.

So what happens if the Pilot for Six Gun flops? I mean this does happen from time to time. Just seems alot of cash changing hands without a gurantee yet.

Dont get me wrong I got np selling single issues for $10-20ish currently just saying nothings concrete yet.

I think it would then settle into the "popular but low printed indy book" price tier, similar to things like The Goon...?

So what happens if the Pilot for Six Gun flops? I mean this does happen from time to time. Just seems alot of cash changing hands without a gurantee yet.

Dont get me wrong I got np selling single issues for $10-20ish currently just saying nothings concrete yet.

lol

lol

Its the truth though. Some guys on here think they got gold when a pilot gets shot. Not saying its not a good sign just not the green light one everyone wants to see.

lol

Its the truth though. Some guys on here think they got gold when a pilot gets shot. Not saying its not a good sign just not the green light one everyone wants to see.

i, for one, am enjoying the Powers TV show immensely.

What I would do is probably :screwy: by most people standards, but I would run it for 10 days..Starting so it ends on Sunday night.....Opening bid of .01 cents, no reserve and let it run it's course.

I think this does several things. One, you're giving everyone a chance to see it (running if for 10 days) that would be interested. I know most of the boardies here will be bidding. Secondly, if there is a no reserve, you're letting the market really decide what it's worth. Putting a BIN, even a "high" one could actually be leaving money on the table. I know that even with a BIN of $750, I'd be a buyer for that book...It's a no brainer. Especially if you're the first one to market.

You don't want people emailing you saying "I would have given you X dollars more than your asking price".....

This is also a great time to be putting this book out there. Buyers have tax refund money, convention season is a few months away and there is still plenty of places where we're trapped indoors due to cold weather/snow...

Best of luck and congrats !..

I agree end on a Sunday, but make sure its not during a Walking Dead airing.

And keep in mind the time zone differences. I am on EST time and I have to remind myself of this when auctions end.

lol

well, forget the TV series for a second, because I think that's just extra speculation.

If Nowhere Men #1 is a $200 book in 9.8, 3 issues in, with most copies existing in NM because it was hoarded, and a print run of 12K or whatever...

how much is TSG #1 worth in comparison? The print run was about a third of that, and most copies were beat up sitting around in stores for a while. It is also way more proven a comic, being 29 issues in, than NWM.

Then compare it to PP #1, which sold for, what $625 in 9.8?

Now, I know I sound like a shill, but I'm not buying or selling anything. I own my copies and will keep them to myself. Just saying that $500 for TSG #1 is way more sane than the prices people are paying for Image #1s.

Edited by mattbird

lol

i, for one, am enjoying the Powers TV show immensely.

More than true... and NBC has seen it's fair share of shaky pilots and even shakier shows that get cancelled by or during the 1st season. The Director of TSG has also had 2 high profile cancelations on NBC as co-producer/director... that and NBC are happy to axe things with low ratings. Some people may see a gold rush right now and that would be correct. There's no reason TSG can't belong here whilst it is hot ;) I wouldn't count your chickens until a 2nd season either.

As for holding onto it or buying up the OA goes well... that's the thing... either people are rolling the dice or they genuinely love it. Gladly selling off other hot books to get a piece of this for a personal collection which is the right thing to do if you can live with something. If not then you may as well get in and get out because there's speculation to be had right now. I will always maintain that the best speculation is based on moving from book to book and not holding onto anything for too long. Over time you won't be holding a ton of and will have either got a nice bankroll or something a little less modern.

If people are buying at a premium then this ain't the forum to be complaining.... but considering these are boardies it's mostly back issue and dollar bin purchases you are seeing. Can't see it as a donk move.

lol

well, forget the TV series for a second, because I think that's just extra speculation.

If Nowhere Men #1 is a $200 book in 9.8, 3 issues in, with most copies existing in NM because it was hoarded, and a print run of 12K or whatever...

how much is TSG #1 worth in comparison? The print run was about a third of that, and most copies were beat up sitting around in stores for a while. It is also way more proven a comic, being 29 issues in, than NWM.

Then compare it to PP #1, which sold for, what $625 in 9.8?

Now, I know I sound like a shill, but I'm not buying or selling anything. I own my copies and will keep them to myself. Just saying that $500 for TSG #1 is way more sane than the prices people are paying for Image #1s.

Well, we'll know when my TSG #1 and 2 9.8 go up for auction Thur. Still debating bin vs auction style.

I rarely have luck with the BIN/BO, people like to bid on stuff....

sort any of the hyped books, under sold, by price. The top books are almost invariably the first to market BINs.

As others pointed out, once it sells high, the flood gates will open. If you do it by auction as the first one to market, you will leave a LOT on the table imo. Cause as soon as yours close, and the people in the know have bought it.

All the n00b money will flood in and drive it up higher than yours sold for. Look at Bedlam Sketch, Revival Sketch, as two that come to mind immediately.

Both sold their highest prices ever, first to market, BINs.

Personally though, if you want to sell it, and people are offering you 750 here lol, private sell that and keep the fees out of it.

I rarely have luck with the BIN/BO, people like to bid on stuff....

sort any of the hyped books, under sold, by price. The top books are almost invariably the first to market BINs.

As others pointed out, once it sells high, the flood gates will open. If you do it by auction as the first one to market, you will leave a LOT on the table imo. Cause as soon as yours close, and the people in the know have bought it.

All the n00b money will flood in and drive it up higher than yours sold for. Look at Bedlam Sketch, Revival Sketch, as two that come to mind immediately.

Both sold their highest prices ever, first to market, BINs.

Personally though, if you want to sell it, and people are offering you 750 here lol, private sell that and keep the fees out of it.

Most of the time BIN/BO is best way to go, but if you have something thats extremely hot you cant hurt yourself with the auction format. But it better be hot because remember you are hoping on that 7 day or 10 day window. You better advertise it and end it on a weekend.

Wait a minute...

Has the powers pilot been released?

(tsk)

That was the joke

Exactly he couldnt have made a better point.

TSG is great dont get me wrong, but would we even be talking about this book without a Pilot? Yes its a low print run book and it does read well, but the TV talk is what got everyone's attention.