• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

i dont think anyone wants to see this thread go away. I certainly am going to continue posting in it.

I think what people want, is a place to post things like:

20 copies of book X available on abc-comics.com

for their friends to get, without the entire thing vaporizing before people even read it. What's heating up on ebay is publicly available information. This is a thread to bring it all together and share easily, i wouldnt see that ever stopping.

At the same time, why not PM your friends tips, if non-contributing members are just buying everything posted here before the people who actually talk do.

Lack of detailed info from the previous post is what made me open my mouth.

Hooking your buddies up with some info? No problem with that what so ever.

But this thread was started to talk about what is hot on ebay not insider tips to your bro's

i dont think anyone wants to see this thread go away. I certainly am going to continue posting in it.

for their friends to get, without the entire thing vaporizing before people even read it. What's heating up on ebay is publicly available information. This is a thread to bring it all together and share easily, i wouldnt see that ever stopping.

At the same time, why not PM your friends tips, if non-contributing members are just buying everything posted here before the people who actually talk do.

i get what you're saying here, and don't think it's a bad thing. i know you guys over here hate blowoutcards people for some reason, but i had the same exact idea in a thread over there a few weeks ago and got blasted by many for the idea too. both these boards this one more so of course, tend to get a ton of lurkers that wait for news and then run to whatever site as quick as possible and load up their carts.

what you want to do is tip the people that you feel contribute and deserve it more off and give everyone some time to get theirs before you post it here for public consumption, and then let the vultures pick the carcass clean after the fact. i get it, and totally agree.

Edited by Mike-Honcho

Its a bit silly imo.

Do your research and get in first.

The lurkers will be doing the same,if they read this forum,its not too hard to work out where the info comes from!

I believe in sharing - hence the heads up ober RIPD,Bodie Troll, Bedlam and East of West.

Sorry about Great Pacific! (another multiple virus pre-release killed that one - plus it was krap!)

Do what you want to do fellas, but a secret PM society is a biy daft.

There should be at least 5000 issues to go around.

Its a bit silly imo.

The lurkers will be doing the same,if they read this forum,its not too hard to work out where the info comes from!

I believe in sharing - hence the heads up ober RIPD,Bodie Troll, Bedlam and East of West.

Sorry about Great Pacific! (another multiple virus pre-release killed that one - plus it was krap!)

i see your point but pm'ing a few people to give fair warning to stock up before you post isn't a big deal either. everyone likes to share info and get recognized for it anyway, so it will never stop, but i do see what cbt is trying to say.

you are also right in the sense that this thing we all do isn't rocket science and with a little time, leg work, and trial and error you can become fairly proficient at it all on your own, however there are a lot of lazy lazy people in this world looking for a free lunch. lol.

Its a bit silly imo.

i see your point but pm'ing a few people to give fair warning to stock up before you post isn't a big deal either. everyone likes to share info and get recognized for it anyway, so it will never stop, but i do see what cbt is trying to say.

you are also right in the sense that this thing we all do isn't rocket science and with a little time, leg work, and trial and error you can become fairly proficient at it all on your own, however there are a lot of lazy lazy people in this world looking for a free lunch. lol.

Sure - can see both sides.

However some deals ARE rocket science - The full-timers NEVER reveal a great opportunity until its seized.

People don't just suddenly acquire large numbers of super-hot books by going to Midtown......

2c

Peter Panzerfaust #3 is now at least a 30 dollar book.

Batman and Robin #18, coming out March 13th, is a silent issue.

Peter Panzerfaust #8 1st print is a $35 - $50

PP #9 - has hit $25

No suprises there.

PP #9 - has hit $25

No suprises there.

I think all the post Robin R.I.P. books will be in short supply....my 2 cents.

PP #9 - has hit $25

No suprises there.

I just mentioned it because it has taken a long time for #3 prices to climb and board users were saying it was undervalued. Took 7 minutes for mine to sell on ebay earlier today.

Plus it just further proves the naysayers wrong.

I read this thread to find out what HAS blown up, not what MIGHT blow up.

It's just easier to check here for the news rather than doing multiple searches on ebay.

Hot tips should have their own thread.

Sorry guy.

PP #9 - has hit $25

No suprises there.

I just mentioned it because it has taken a long time for #3 prices to climb and board users were saying it was undervalued. Took 7 minutes for mine to sell on ebay earlier today.

Can you image how much flack I took when I tipped PP 1 as a $500 book some months before it started to rocket!

Now its at $800 ish and the 'naysayers' have gone.

They will be back though.

Anything other than #1 - #9 should be bought for reading only ihmo.

PP #9 - has hit $25

No suprises there.

Can you image how much flack I took when I tipped PP 1 as a $500 book some months before it started to rocket!

Now its at $800 ish and the 'naysayers' have gone.

They will be back though.

Anything other than #1 - #9 should be bought for reading only ihmo.

$800? Links? Highest I saw was $600.

Edit: gpa high is around $668.

Edited by Pike's Comics

The spike in the PP 9 makes me want the one I subbed to CGC back even more :sumo:

Same, out of 21 PP #9 I only thought 1 was worthy of submission.

I have two more since then and will be submitted at Megacon

i get what you're saying here, and don't think it's a bad thing. i know you guys over here hate blowoutcards people for some reason, but i had the same exact idea in a thread over there a few weeks ago and got blasted by many for the idea too. both these boards this one more so of course, tend to get a ton of lurkers that wait for news and then run to whatever site as quick as possible and load up their carts.

what you want to do is tip the people that you feel contribute and deserve it more off and give everyone some time to get theirs before you post it here for public consumption, and then let the vultures pick the carcass clean after the fact. i get it, and totally agree.

That would be self defeating in my opinion though. The reason many of these books even get "hot" is because of these online forums. If you take the information private and a handful of people buy up the stock, the books won't become hot. It's the nature of how this information is disseminated now which is making many of these books "hot".