• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

if you believe in the series, rarest variant is the way to go. I bought a few a couple weeks ago cheap when the regular started picking up. Reg and Rarest, are the two worth owning imo.

Big two books are a very different animal then image speculator books. Print runs much bigger, but demand also enormously bigger. Even with the insanely boosted print runs most Image number 1s have been hitting in 2012 and beyond, those books launch months are down in the series cancelling range for Marvel.

Heck, even Saga's numbers would be a "low" print run marvel book.

Great Larry! Thank you.

Quick question. Why do you think Marvel Point One will be of signifigance?

I believe it's the first appearance of the new Nova.

It is but the variant is the one you want.

1042729_zps63a16eac.jpg

Thanks guys. Definitely holding on to these. If anyone is interested in scoring a few extra copies of Helheim, I would check out Hastings. The bigger Hastings have stacks of these books, because they order a lot of every book and no one knows what it is.

Today when I went into the LCS I've been hitting for years.....they told me there's a 1 comic limit for any issue.

This happened only after I walked up with 3 copies of Helheim. Keep in mind that I've been there on and off for over a decade and change....and each time I go in I purchase about 2-3 copies of everything I collect. I've never been told there was any limitation....I wanted 3 copies....2 for me......1 for a friend.

My take: the last few months speculators have gotten this store's radar buzzing about Panzerfaust, Sixth Gun, Helheim, etc....

Now they're giving me the stiff-arm on comics. D*CKBAGS....

I told the "manager" that if he wasn't interested in selling me the comics that I'd take my business elsewhere.

Furthermore that usually I come back and see the same tired issues on the racks weeks later...only they're more beat up than a hooker at mardi gras.

If you're in the business of selling comics, sell them.....don't hold back stock for others. If they're on a pull-list that's awesome, but if it's on the racks it's fair game.

Tired of these aholes making up sh*t.

I caught flack at my LCS too for picking up multiple copies of Injustice. I agree, if you are there to sell comics, why would you not want a guarantee that you are about to sell multiple copies of the same thing to one person, rather than the bet that more people will want to buy those issues. Makes no sense to me.

Today when I went into the LCS I've been hitting for years.....they told me there's a 1 comic limit for any issue.

This happened only after I walked up with 3 copies of Helheim. Keep in mind that I've been there on and off for over a decade and change....and each time I go in I purchase about 2-3 copies of everything I collect. I've never been told there was any limitation....I wanted 3 copies....2 for me......1 for a friend.

My take: the last few months speculators have gotten this store's radar buzzing about Panzerfaust, Sixth Gun, Helheim, etc....

I told the "manager" that if he wasn't interested in selling me the comics that I'd take my business elsewhere.

Furthermore that usually I come back and see the same tired issues on the racks weeks later...only they're more beat up than a hooker at mardi gras.

If you're in the business of selling comics, sell them.....don't hold back stock for others. If they're on a pull-list that's awesome, but if it's on the racks it's fair game.

what a d-bag!

what a d-bag!

Yeah! Sorry to hear that man.....