• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

I didn't know The Walking Dead issues #97 to say 103 were still selling so damn well on eBay.

Out at Gem City Comic Con there was a dealer with half a long box of these trying to move them at a $1 a piece. Had probably 30 or so sets still left of at least issue #97 up to 101.

So you're saying that if you have a run around the #97 to #108 mark, that's where the profit is?

I'm sure there are profits for #103 - #108. I've just been selling at #97 because that's what I have. When I run out I'll start at #103 to whatever issue is currently out.

I didn't know The Walking Dead issues #97 to say 103 were still selling so damn well on eBay.

Out at Gem City Comic Con there was a dealer with half a long box of these trying to move them at a $1 a piece. Had probably 30 or so sets still left of at least issue #97 up to 101.

#97 - 102 at the time I was seeing $15-20 profit at cover price. But I haven't sold those since beginning of February so that is outdated.

I saw a guy pulling a bunch of those out yesterday morning....he had a ton of #100

So...this is happening

Prophet 21-34 on eBay

hm

I love this book more than I love angel dust, but that auction seems an outlier?

EDIT: ok, nevermind, it's the only run on ebay right now, and all the other min-runs are at high BINs. It's deserved, but unexpected! One of the best books on the stands right now.

recent sales have been high for these. $20+ for 21? Go Prophet!

Edited by mattbird

I saw a guy pulling a bunch of those out yesterday morning....he had a ton of #100

When I looked at the box the guy had when the show first opened up it gave me nightmares of me preselling the 1200+ copies and I just wanted to get away from the box as quickly as possibly.

Later around 2PM he had put some more out and still had roughly 30 sets worth of them between what was out and what he had in another box. I considered buying them all since I figured I could double my money or better but again the nightmares came back. I ended up just grabbing a couple of the Ottley #100 covers that were NM+ in case I decide to get Danai Gurira to sign some more copies for me later in this con season.

Any likelihood this will impact the pricing on Spawn #1? That comic has been in $ limbo for quite some time....methinks it might not be bad to start a bit of observation on that title in general since 9 got picked up on the radar.

Whetteon: I checked out lyriaexchange....surprisingly there's no top spot for 6th gun.....what's the dealio? I know there are tons of high priced 6th guns for sale...why don't you think that's reflected in any of the "most popular searches", "most watched", "most expesive" or "most bids" cateogries?

Not sure how it works, but it defintely was a shocker that 6th gun seemed absent completely with all the fervor.

So...this is happening

Prophet 21-34 on eBay

hm

I love this book more than I love angel dust, but that auction seems an outlier?

EDIT: ok, nevermind, it's the only run on ebay right now, and all the other min-runs are at high BINs. It's deserved, but unexpected! One of the best books on the stands right now.

recent sales have been high for these. $20+ for 21? Go Prophet!

It put a nice smile on my face as well. I've been watching the title for a while, but it doesn't seem to have much speculation. I'm glad to see it is getting some love, if this is in fact not an outlier. It doing well is a double edged sword for me. I've been giving out floppies to people left and right because the second trade is taking forever. I can't say enough about this book and think tank.

In time, I think/hope the success of these titles will rise the tide and float the secondary market.