• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,836 posts in this topic

I'm trying to post on comics less known with this post. We all know PP, Revival & Saga is doing well. No one is shocked to seem Amazing Spider-Man #700 selling for $15 so this is a listing of all those books flying a little under the radar. (thumbs u

Second Stage Turbine Blade Comic #1 @ $32 & 6 bids.

Miracleman #24 @ $26 & 2 bids.

Annihilation Conquest #6 @ $14+ & 3 bids.

Aspen Comic Lady Mechanika #0 @ $12+ & 7 bids.

Action Comics #1 reprint @ $11+ & 7 bids.

Star Wars Legacy Wondercon Variant @ $10+ & 2 bids.

Red Hood & the Outlaws #1 @ $10+ & 3 bids.

Bloodshot #0 VVSS @ $10 & 2 bids.

More Comics Heating Up here.

Edited by whetteon

Guardians of the Galaxy #24 and #25. I just picked them up for $3.25 each. Sell or hold?

25 should sell easily. 24 may take a bit. I've had success selling them together in the past. I think 24 will be able to stand on its own before too long.

I completely agree about issue 24. It's funny to me that its the Thanos cover and not the variant for 25 that is prized. That doesn't happen to often.

They are both prized by me :).

Thanos is one of my all-time favourites, and the Iron Man By Design covers are awesome.

How about the variant for #8? I haven't seen it anywhere.

Great Thanos Cover! I only have 1.

Weird they'd have him on this one, since he wasn't even in War of Kings.

I'm trying to post on comics less known with this post. We all know PP, Revival & Saga is doing well. No one is shocked to seem Amazing Spider-Man #700 selling for $15 so this is a listing of all those books flying a little under the radar. (thumbs u

Second Stage Turbine Blade Comic #1 @ $32 & 6 bids.

Miracleman #24 @ $26 & 2 bids.

Annihilation Conquest #6 @ $14+ & 3 bids.

Aspen Comic Lady Mechanika #0 @ $12+ & 7 bids.

Action Comics #1 reprint @ $11+ & 7 bids.

Star Wars Legacy Wondercon Variant @ $10+ & 2 bids.

Red Hood & the Outlaws #1 @ $10+ & 3 bids.

Bloodshot #0 VVSS @ $10 & 2 bids.

More Comics Heating Up here.

Nice work, I love those Valiant VVSS books, I wonder if Quantum and Woody issues will see any increase in value with their return this year?

Guardians of the Galaxy #24 and #25. I just picked them up for $3.25 each. Sell or hold?

25 should sell easily. 24 may take a bit. I've had success selling them together in the past. I think 24 will be able to stand on its own before too long.

I completely agree about issue 24. It's funny to me that its the Thanos cover and not the variant for 25 that is prized. That doesn't happen to often.

They are both prized by me :).

Thanos is one of my all-time favourites, and the Iron Man By Design covers are awesome.

THANOS!!!! I agree, those Design covers are great.

Some of my Thanos favorites:

Silver Surfer Dangerous Artifacts

Quasar 26

Logan's Run 6 Mark Jeweler

Spidey Super Stories 39

Edited by MrWeen

So let me get this straight...

Tommy Voltage comes onto a message board and tells whoever reads it that this particular shop is awful in essence.

Larry, who is a retailer and I would think defends other retailers as he should basically calls out this poster and says he will share those statements with that LCS, who this just in runs a business with employees and people that count on employment, but Tommy did nothing wrong?

To think anyone would agree with Tommy Voltage's statement and not think there would be repercussions is laughable.

Remember, Larry is going to be around much much longer then many of you.

It's a good idea to think about who you are knocking before you post. People like Larry, Eric Stephenson etc have done a lot more good for comics then the majority of people bashing. We are lucky to have them as part of our community.

But what do I know...

:applause:

Googled this guy. TOTALLY not what I pictured Larry looking like.

This started because I said you will receive a 9.0-9.2 if you buy from their eBay listing. When everyone on here only wants 9.8. I use to go there. It is a mess. But since it is a store owner and not a member in the marketplace it was wrong to say.

Why is that wrong to say??? Is it a fact or not?

If it is, then nothing wrong with that.

If it isn't, well, then don't make stuff up, I guess.

Tommy Voltage comes onto a message board and tells whoever reads it that this particular shop is awful in essence.

Larry, who is a retailer and I would think defends other retailers as he should basically calls out this poster and says he will share those statements with that LCS, who this just in runs a business with employees and people that count on employment, but Tommy did nothing wrong?

To think anyone would agree with Tommy Voltage's statement and not think there would be repercussions is laughable.

He offered his opinion on a LCS. Big deal?

My local newsagents sucks. Does anyone want their name, address, phone number so you can let them know my opinion?

:headbang:

Exactly. Don't get why that's bad. If they were better, then the guy would have a better opinion of them.

How about the variant for #8? I haven't seen it anywhere.

Great Thanos Cover! I only have 1.

Weird they'd have him on this one, since he wasn't even in War of Kings.

Marvel did villain variant covers for some of its books that month with the villains appearing on the covers having nothing to do with the issues themselves.

This started because I said you will receive a 9.0-9.2 if you buy from their eBay listing. When everyone on here only wants 9.8. I use to go there. It is a mess. But since it is a store owner and not a member in the marketplace it was wrong to say.

Why is that wrong to say??? Is it a fact or not?

If it is, then nothing wrong with that.

If it isn't, well, then don't make stuff up, I guess.

Haven't chimed in on this before, but the way I see it: this really isn't the best thread to discuss this issue. It does detract from the main thrust of the thread, and it's not the usual fun banter either. I'm not sure who's right or wrong but maybe you should devote a thread to that issue and take it up in there. Here it's just getting muddied. Just MHO. I'd rather hear about tidbits that lead to monies...

It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

That wasn't the argument. The beef was apparently that someone said a shop was "awful". Who cares?

There's this carpet shop in the UK called Carpet Right. AWFUL. I got my living room carpet from them and I reckon a monkey could have fitted it better. Loads of wrinkles up by the bay window. Is everyone offended yet? Google for their details so you can let them know what I think of their shop because they'll really care. And posting your opinion of a shop is slander*.

*Obviously it isn't and not just cos slander involves the spoken word, not written. :facepalm:

Ya, I tried getting them to carpet my place, but they had some policy regarding crossing the Atlantic, or something like that. Weird, eh?

Edited by Dukes40

This thread lost any meaning several months ago.

Information is no longer shared here by several long time posters and rightly so.

Eventually the problems will go away we just have to ride it out.

(thumbs u here's to hoping.

You guys do realize, right, that these "extra" posts don't take away from the hot comics posts. If anything, it adds to the content of the site and makes it more interesting. It's not like these extra posts stop people from posting about hot comics.

I mean, if you got rid of all the other stuff, all it would mean is more time between posts showing up on this site.

Some of the extra stuff is interesting, some is boring or dumb. Doesn't affect me. I can read it or not.

There's only so much that can be said about hot comics if there's not any different movement on a particular day, week, etc.

That wasn't the argument. The beef was apparently that someone said a shop was "awful". Who cares?

There's this carpet shop in the UK called Carpet Right. AWFUL. I got my living room carpet from them and I reckon a monkey could have fitted it better. Loads of wrinkles up by the bay window. Is everyone offended yet? Google for their details so you can let them know what I think of their shop because they'll really care. And posting your opinion of a shop is slander*.

*Obviously it isn't and not just cos slander involves the spoken word, not written. :facepalm:

But this isn't a carpet forum. This is a comic book forum where professional comic book dealers are sometimes bad mouthed by other posters. Sometimes the criticism is fair and well argued, often it is ignorant, unfounded and malicious, and therefore unfairly damaging to someone's professional reputation. If you don't see the distinction then maybe you Are just another noob.

One would hope that whoever takes advice from whatever Joe Shmoe who posts on a board tries to take a consesus of what people say, looks at the source of the info, does other research, etc, before making a concrete opinion on something/someplace/someone.

But this isn't a carpet forum. This is a comic book forum where professional comic book dealers are sometimes bad mouthed by other posters. Sometimes the criticism is fair and well argued, often it is ignorant, unfounded and malicious, and therefore unfairly damaging to someone's professional reputation. If you don't see the distinction then maybe you Are just another noob.

One would hope that whoever takes advice from whatever Joe Shmoe who posts on a board tries to take a consesus of what people say, looks at the source of the info, does other research, etc, before making a concrete opinion on something/someplace/someone.

I should have quoted when I was referring to it. It was an eBay link for Uber heating up. And I said I wouldn't buy from their eBay store because of how they handle their comics. I provided more details later and a few members said the store is a mess (when you move boxes you are afraid of some animal running out) later on in the thread.

But a few days old.

And my NM+ GotG #24 and #25 still haven't sold. I have them priced around $50 for the pair though.

He can do whatever he wants. He's the INFAMOUS Larry. Isn't that what he calls himself?

Reason they don't have them on the shelf. http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=&item=140943758605&pt=US_Comic_Books&_osacat=0&hash=item20d0e7150d&_ssn=comic-madness&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR6.TRC1&_nkw=phantom+variants&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Right on eBay.

I go to Wade's a few times a week and his Phantom variants are COVER PRICE until the next issue comes out. That means you have a whole month to get your Revival Phantoms.

Of course he's going to sell some on ebay to people who can't get them. Aren't you??

Hell, at least it's not the Ghost Variant shop in Philly that NO variant is cover price ever. See they still have a stack of WD 101 Ghosts for $20 a pop they've had since the day it came out.

Wade's basement is a treasure trove the couple times a year he opens it up and blows out the books for a buck and unlike some shops he doesn't say "Can't let you have those Walking Dead's #53-70 for a buck even though they were in my buck area."

Great shop, great people

I've seen a Phantom variant on the shelf once. And that was #6 when they had all of them after asking.

The original argument was the shop is disgusting. Look at the indie section. It is trashed. Chew is on the bottom shelf bent in half. Saga is priced different in every box. Yes they have stuff and you can find what you want eventually, but it is dirty. So saying most of the shipments won't be NM like everyone wants is the correct thing. Oh and the eBay box? It's just a bunch of shipping boxes behind the counter that they stack stuff in. Buy from their eBay if you want, but whatever. I won't give anyone a heads up again.

Like I've said before, it should be a crime if you're working in a comic shop, and

mess up the comics like that. I see some employees at places man-handle the

comics, and I just shake my head.

And on the shelves, if you can't buy shelving that isn't conducive to wreaking the comics, then maybe you shouldn't own a comic store.

Edited by Dukes40