• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

Love Rachel Rising. I just wish I had kept up on buying the series after #3. I was out of buying for awhile, and didn't play catch up on the back issues. I only have a duplicate of #1. I read the first tpb and I thought it was awesome.

I have #1, but I do not have many of the other issues. I know both of my lcs's have almost all of the other issues for cover price.

Morning Glories #1 @ $15+ & 4 bids. Not a hoax, not a dream and not an alternate reality. It's on the rise!

FINALLY!!! Not that I've even speculated on it much, but it's such a good series (even though it's hard to follow/keep track of characters/events/plot if you read it month to month).

Morning Glories #1 @ $15+ & 4 bids. Not a hoax, not a dream and not an alternate reality. It's on the rise!

FINALLY!!! Not that I've even speculated on it much, but it's such a good series (even though it's hard to follow/keep track of characters/events/plot if you read it month to month).

How does an auction at $15 equate to a book being "on the rise" when completed sales show the same book selling consistently for $35-45?

Wolverine #154 & 155 @ $17+ & 5 bids. Deadpool IS the new Wolverine.

Amazing Spider-Man #583 @ $22 & 19 bids. The pools show this book is hot.

Well *spoon* I think I passed on about 10 of those obama variants in a dollar bin last week. Fail

Wolverine #154 & 155 @ $17+ & 5 bids. Deadpool IS the new Wolverine.

Amazing Spider-Man #583 @ $22 & 19 bids. The pools show this book is hot.

Well *spoon* I think I passed on about 10 of those obama variants in a dollar bin last week. Fail

It's all about the 1st print.

I don't think they would be 1st. Weren't there a bunch of printings of this cover? I think I remember seeing 4th or 5th at my LCS when I looked the other week.

there is something like 5 printings. The big money one is the one where he is facing to the right and the cover has inauguration day written in the bottom right corner.

Cool. It was an LCS in Pittsburgh that I visited when I was home. I live in Philly so I won't be going back to double check any time soon haha

I live in Philly too. Only late printings around here hah.

How does an auction at $15 equate to a book being "on the rise" when completed sales show the same book selling consistently for $35-45?

That's just the price it's currently at. But more to the point, I'm encouraged because it's on the Lyria Exchange list when normally I don't see it all. Thanks for setting the record straight. I was unaware that it was at $35-45 normally. And it's fun when a book like this is brought to your attention through eBay's api. :grin:

That's just the price it's currently at. But more to the point, I'm encouraged because it's on the Lyria Exchange list when normally I don't see it all. Thanks for setting the record straight. I was unaware that it was at $35-45 normally. And it's fun when a book like this is brought to your attention through eBay's api. :grin:

Here are the last couple of completed auctions for that book (not BINs):

MORNING GLORIES #1 1st PRINT HTF FROM IMAGE COMICS NMT MT $40.99 with 2 bids

Morning Glories #1 First Print RARE NM Or Better $34.33 with 12 bids

MORNING GLORIES #1 Beautiful 1st print Modern Age find from Image! GRADE 9.6 $45.80 with 11 bids

That's just from the last week - with that many bids, why wouldn't this book have been on your list? I guess I just don't understand what parameters you're actually using to create your list :shrug:

This thread should be retitled "Moderns I Want To Heat Up On EBay" or "Moderns I Like And Think Should Sell For More on EBay". :grin:

Edited by rjrjr

This thread should be retitled "Moderns I Want To Heat Up On EBay" or "Moderns I Like And Think Should Sell For More on EBay". :grin:

Except that I don't own the book so it makes no different to me. (shrug)