• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

hm

Growing up in Michagian, my LCS had a toilet. Living in SD for the past 10 years, the shops have no restrooms..

I think I wouldn't offer a washroom to patrons, discourage people from loitering.

Assuming that many businesses take this stance (which they do), I always wonder, where the hell are you supposed to go to the washroom then when you're out of the house and not at a mall or restaurant?? ?? ??

Or in the suburbs, where there's not a lot of business either??

As noted at comic shows, personal hygiene in the collecting community in general probably wouldn't inspire me to have a public washroom in a store, if I ran one. :grin:

Its strange this topic comes up. Not just the toilet / no toilet or the issue with people hanging out in the shop. If I owned a comic shop I'd want people to take their time and browse mainly because that will more than likely mean more sales than just pushing people in and out. Look at grocery stores, they want you to keep walking around inside the store cause they know you'll end up buying more than originally brought you in. 2c

Its strange this topic comes up. Not just the toilet / no toilet or the issue with people hanging out in the shop. If I owned a comic shop I'd want people to take their time and browse mainly because that will more than likely mean more sales than just pushing people in and out. Look at grocery stores, they want you to keep walking around inside the store cause they know you'll end up buying more than originally brought you in. 2c
This would be an instance where you would worry more about what is left behind than taken out.... lol

• I see a ton of Y: The Last Mane #1 books hitting eBay this week and getting bid up pretty fast. It's a solid $50+ book and it seems like everyone is either selling on or trying to buy one. It's crazy.
  • Gotham Girls #3 with Harley Quinn is hot because everyone loves Harley! @ $21 & 6 bids.
  • If you haven't been noticing than it's time to wake up and check this out -Harbinger #1 @ $16 & 3 bids. Old school Valiant is cool!
  • Amazing Spider-Man #700 has legs. Apparently Octo Pete is the best thing to happen to the title since forever. $16 & 11 bids.
  • Best Cellars #1 is getting some traction as the original poster claims it's an early Goon Prototype. @ $15 & 4 bids.

hm

Growing up in Michagian, my LCS had a toilet. Living in SD for the past 10 years, the shops have no restrooms..

I think I wouldn't offer a washroom to patrons, discourage people from loitering.

Assuming that many businesses take this stance (which they do), I always wonder, where the hell are you supposed to go to the washroom then when you're out of the house and not at a mall or restaurant?? ?? ??

Or in the suburbs, where there's not a lot of business either??

As noted at comic shows, personal hygiene in the collecting community in general probably wouldn't inspire me to have a public washroom in a store, if I ran one. :grin:

The need to relieve myself isn't an issue, however I do like to wash my hands before, and after handling books.

• I see a ton of Y: The Last Mane #1 books hitting eBay this week and getting bid up pretty fast. It's a solid $50+ book and it seems like everyone is either selling on or trying to buy one. It's crazy.
  • Gotham Girls #3 with Harley Quinn is hot because everyone loves Harley! @ $21 & 6 bids.
  • If you haven't been noticing than it's time to wake up and check this out -Harbinger #1 @ $16 & 3 bids. Old school Valiant is cool!
  • Amazing Spider-Man #700 has legs. Apparently Octo Pete is the best thing to happen to the title since forever. $16 & 11 bids.
  • Best Cellars #1 is getting some traction as the original poster claims it's an early Goon Prototype. @ $15 & 4 bids.

I thought it was determined some time ago that Best Cellars was NOT the Goon prototype. But if what you are saying is true then this would be the Goon's second appearance:

558084_zps5a4f1b73.jpg

IMG_1055_zpsf84efefe.jpg

I thought it was determined some time ago that Best Cellars was NOT the Goon prototype. But if what you are saying is true then this would be the Goon's second appearance:

558084_zps5a4f1b73.jpg

IMG_1055_zpsf84efefe.jpg

Might not be his 1st app. Just what one guy is saying about his auction that caught the Lyria Algorith's attention for comics trending up. :shy:

This book is booming..... It's not a bad read either.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Comics-/63/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=skyward+1&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc

Probably a mega low print run, but you can find copy's of # 1 on their website.

Looks like only the variant for #1 is available unless I'm missing something.

Harbinger #1 CGC 9.8 @ $405 & 21 bids. :o

New Mutants #87 CGC 9.8 @ $170 & 12 bids.

Deadpool #1 (1997) CGC 9.8 @ $150 & 3 bids.

Harbinger making a comeback. Thats cool. Ninjak and Secret Weapons are next :grin:

Kidding. I loved the old valiant stuff. I haven't followed the new because I can't get over Solar and Magnus not being a part of it. Seems a little empty. Bloodshot was always my favorite and Harbinger had a kind of new wave X-men feel. Liked that too.

Harbinger #1 CGC 9.8 @ $405 & 21 bids. :o

New Mutants #87 CGC 9.8 @ $170 & 12 bids.

Deadpool #1 (1997) CGC 9.8 @ $150 & 3 bids.

Why are you surprised at that Harbinger price? It's very status-quo... (shrug)

Yep Harbinger #1 CGC 9.8s have been selling steady in the $350-$425 range for at least the last year.

I'm surprised because a 9.6 sold for $56 in the last 2 weeks. It seems like a huge premium for the .2 but thats just me.

At the Boston show, people kept asking dealers for Deadpool and Harley Quinn covers