• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

Just got back from my LCS.. they had the Campbell cover for $29.99! So of course I picked it up!

Now, do I sell or hold? hm

Slab then sell!!!

Hmm... you think the prices will hold that long? It definitely has a shot at a 9.8

Is not gonna hold, my suggestion is to sell it to me for what you paid for so you won't have to lose out tomorrow when the price drop to $10.09 :D

lol

Alright guys, I'm slabbing and holding! You guys better be right!!

I bought one for $50 today and I plan on listing it for $150. :)

Why not hold out for a couple months? hm:popcorn:

Well, if I put it at $100 I'd be a modern comic flipper, if I put it at $150 I'd be insane, so I'm going with the insane route!

Well, if I put it at $100 I'd be a modern comic flipper, if I put it at $150 I'd be insane, so I'm going with the insane route!

Ok touche' Jim. I'm going to slab & hold, if it drops in price then I really don't care. I'm more of a collector than a flipper. BUT.....if prices rise to a crazy high price, then I'll sell.

I like the cover to much.

I thought the allure of 678 is that it's MJ as Venom? Two popular characters merged and I don't think VenoMJ has ever been on a cover since?

This is another Black Cat by JSC which has been done before

Edited by nikocb

Ok touche' Jim. I'm going to slab & hold, if it drops in price then I really don't care. I'm more of a collector than a flipper. BUT.....if prices rise to a crazy high price, then I'll sell.

Stood in line at my LCS for 1hr this morning and was rewarded with a $7.99 copy. Love this cover!!! Though, It's hard to resist the 10x multiple I can sell it for now or go the "Linguini" route and wait for insane to hit!!! :ohnoez:

No, he is talking about the mini series that came out sometime in 2008 or 2009 .. the book sucks and it just that one issue variant cover that is drawn by Campbell worth something .. otherwise you can find that regular series in the $1 box.

YES!!

"16 people are viewing this hourly"

lol

Go get em' Jimmy!!!

No, he is talking about the mini series that came out sometime in 2008 or 2009 .. the book sucks and it just that one issue variant cover that is drawn by Campbell worth something .. otherwise you can find that regular series in the $1 box.

yep, that's the one. horrible story. variant was the only good part of the storyline.

yep, that's the one. horrible story. variant was the only good part of the storyline.

Thanks guys

Just got back from my LCS.. they had the Campbell cover for $29.99! So of course I picked it up!

Now, do I sell or hold? hm

I passed on the $50 tag my LCS had. Sigh.

I called my LCS to see if they had a Superior Spider-Man #20 Campbell variant. He told me he had to order 100 copies of the regular issue to get the variant. He didn't.

Hold for a while after. I've told this story millions of times, but like, on the 678, I bought for $9, sold for $140 2 months later. Great profit, obviously.

BUT, it is now like $300-$500. I should of held out, and so should you. 678 has gone up and held. So has Spider-Man 606 or whatever the blackcat issues are.

Hold for the long term.

I don't think Spider-Man comics really go anywhere but up. I don't think they ever really go down.

Edited by Dukes40