• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

Is anyone else over the HQ discussions lol

lol almost

Yeah, all this angst and it's not even the first appearance. :insane:

The back of a Batman toy card was, right? I have 3 CGC'ed, 10.0, signed by the toy sculptur and Stan Lee.

Is anyone else over the HQ discussions lol

lol almost

Yeah, all this angst and it's not even the first appearance. :insane:

The back of a Batman toy card was, right? I have 3 CGC'ed, 10.0, signed by the toy sculptur and Stan Lee.

Yep, made me laugh out loud.

This feels like the big pump before the dump. (shrug) The new series starts this month. It's like that yodeling guy from that game on price is right "Yodel yo de day..." Just don't let him go over the edge.

No, it is just the first big jump on the book just like any of the other SA/BA/CA/MA (Next Men #21 is modern, right?) books we have seen spike due to a movie or new series in the past. It runs up, plateaus, settles to a higher number than what it used to be at, then slowly creeps up until the next run. The key is to get in before the big jump and either sell on the way up or wait for the pull back and start accumulating at the new higher ceiling for the next run.

People keep throwing out print runs, but a year or so ago NM #98 and ASM #300 were easy to find raw at 25-50% of the current prices if you were patient. There are tons of them out there, but that has not stopped them from continuing to rise......

yeah, I get what you are saying, it just seems like I have been hearing a lot of talk about this book as the next this or that, a can't lose proposition. I think the book will continue to do well, within reason, but whenever I hear this kind of talk, I get a bit skeptical.

In each era there are only a few characters that become so popular people outside the comic world take notice. Harley Quinn has achieved this, maybe that is why despite a large print run ( I dont even know if the print run was large for BA 12 ) prices for this comic continue to rise. Harley Quinn's first seems to be as close to a " can't lose proposition " as can be found in this market.

Totally disagree with Harley being one of them. No way people outside of comics are aware of her in substantial numbers. Where have you ever seen anything Harley Quinn related in popular culture that's not in a comic, cartoon, or video game, or that a person who's not really into those things would stumble upon??? Even Deadpool, for the most part???

Ok, maybe saying that she has achieved any substantial notice outside of the comic world is premature but she IS one of only a few characters created in the last few decades to enjoy a huge fan base and is viable long term from an investment perspective.

I'll believe it when the character is featured in her own book that lasts more than a couple of years. Until then, the character is just another board pump (these boards are littered with them) that will see money flow toward her early appearances, but will ultimately be disappointing in the long term.

I hope I'm wrong, but I've seen this -script too many times over the years.

Edited by rjrjr

Not to be a Negative Nancy, but how is Harley going to be able to sustain her own book?

I just don't see it.

Maybe I will be pleasantly surprised.

That's what I keep thinking. Maybe I'm wrong and this character has arrived. But I just don't see it. (shrug)

Not to be a Negative Nancy, but how is Harley going to be able to sustain her own book?

I just don't see it.

That's what I keep thinking. Maybe I'm wrong and this character has arrived. But I just don't see it. (shrug)

Don't shoot me for this .. but I felt this way about Red Lanterns (new 52) and after a few issues, wished it had not been attempted.

I'll give it 3 issues just because I'd love to have another Batman themed title to pick up each month.

I just don't see it.

The Joker's own series in the 70's only lasted 9 or 10 issues, and he's the damn Joker! For Harley's series to work, they are going to have make a (reluctant) hero out of her. And I don't know if they will do that.

been out a few years but i just sold my "Prelude to Deadpool Corps 1-5" for £41 on eBay, couldnt believe it when it kept going up

????? Really?????? Man, like, some of his stuff is good, some is bad, but really??? Very mediocre.