• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

The Stuff of Legend will eventually be picked up by Disney just as soon as the creators wrap it up, art- Solid, writing- amazing, production- astounding, and no one has any thoughts on it, and all regular issues are still at cover or less even after the first volume came out almost 5yrs ago.

SOL is an under-rated book and has quite a few fans here, but they aren't vocal very often.

Based on ebay watchers here are some interesting CGC'ed Modern Age comics heating up:

Preacher #1 CGC 9.8 @ $122 & 58 watchers.

Y: The Last Man #1 CGC 9.8 @ $305 & 51 watchers.

Sheltered #1 CGC 9.8 @ $66 & 50 watchers.

Harbinger #1 CGC 9.8 @ $270 & 44 watchers.

Black Science #1 CGC 9.8 @ $26 & 33 watchers.

hm

That's a lot of watchers on all these auctions. Question is are they potential bidders or potential sellers waiting to see the final hammer price.

I know that Sheltered is the flavor of the week but after reading it I am not impressed.

Just keep stocking up on the 1st previews it appeared in and you'll be fine.

If I liked it a lot or thought I could make money on them I would but I just don't see a Green Wake 7 or Morning Glories 14 in this book's future. What do I know though I stocked up on Chin Music 2.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Comics-/63/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=walking+dead+53&rt=nc&LH_Auction=1

A lot of bidders on most of the listings. I didn't check through for shilling. One week to go until the season resumes.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WALKING-DEAD-53-CGC-GRADED-8-5-/201029023736?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2ece4377f8#ht_167wt_1289

Yes, listing a book graded at that condition IS surprising!!! :o:o:o

I know that Sheltered is the flavor of the week but after reading it I am not impressed.

I've read the first 2 I think. Wasn't bad, but wasn't great either.

I'm still sort of confused as to why the kids did what they did. Seems kind of stupid, pointless, and forced.

I'm still sort of confused as to why the kids did what they did. Seems kind of stupid, pointless, and forced.

:gossip: read past #2 for some answers

Based on ebay watchers here are some interesting CGC'ed Modern Age comics heating up:

hm

Why's Harbinger so high all of a sudden?

Hahaha. Ya, will have to.

I MAY have read 3. Not sure.

Didn't they say something about killing off their parents to have less competition? Or because it's what they were taught to do, to survive with limited resources?? That's what I was referring to. Not sure if you were as well.

Edited by Dukes40

(thumbs u (thumbs u

After reading them all as they came out, and seeing what happens, then going back and reading them again you see so much in the 1st and 2nd issues you think you missed.

There's still so much more to learn about Lucas, Brisson & Christmas are doing a great job developing the characters.

Still, I'd much rather see it on TV, but who knows, maybe the movie will lead to a series :wishluck:

I know the Strain is not new news but #1 was sold like 15 times just yesterday on the bay. All for pretty strong prices too. If this show is as cool as it could be, watch out, this book could have no ceiling.

Superbowl ads don't hurt.

I know the Strain is not new news but #1 was sold like 15 times just yesterday on the bay. All for pretty strong prices too. If this show is as cool as it could be, watch out, this book could have no ceiling.

Very true.

Very true.

I wonder if the first edition novel goes for more on average than the issue 1 variant from Dark Horse?

hm

Why's Harbinger so high all of a sudden?

That is NOT a high price for Harbinger. If fact it would be considered a very low price if that book sold there.

I don't know why Whetton is putting Valiants selling 'below average' as 'heating up'. He's been on the VF boards long enough to know what the price of that book is....

Harbinger #1 has sold for waaaay more than that in the past. It's been in the toilet ($250-$300) for a while.

It actually has never bottomed out at that range. The only sales under $300 occurred during the infancy of CGC, and long before the demand for Harbinger shot the price up to $2500. The past year or so the book has oscillated around $300-350, ending closer to $350.

Harbinger #1 has sold for waaaay more than that in the past. It's been in the toilet ($250-$300) for a while.

It actually has never bottomed out at that range. The only sales under $300 occurred during the infancy of CGC, and long before the demand for Harbinger shot the price up to $2500. The past year or so the book has oscillated around $300-350, ending closer to $350.

From what I understand, the books he lists are based on the # of bids, not the price.

FWIW, the suckers were the ones that bought Harbinger #1 at the highs. There were plenty of HG copies to go around and it was only a matter of time for more to surface. Just like any BA/CA/Modern #1 or key, there will be more highest graded copies on the census over time and that will bring prices back to reality.