• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

When you buy a PGX, you have to assume it's at least 1 or 2 grades lower than a CGC. I'm guessing people buy accordingly.

Pgx is horrible with higher grade modern. They, excuse me, "he" being Daniel, who is pgx by himself, seem to give a dice roll to 9.8/9.6/9.4. I would expect much lower grade from Cgc, but I find Pgx 7 and 8's are WAY UNDER graded most of the time on copper/bronze/ silver. I have cracked open numerous Pgx 7/8 books that graded 8/9 from Cgc. Almost always a higher grade, sometimes upward of 1.5 grades higher.

Just avoid Pgx unless you can hold it in person and look at the book yourself. He's just a guy who has had the cases produced, which I have to admit are good cases, then grades them out in his basement. There is no "grading facility", its just his house.

Grab the Variant cover if you can:

Finally! Something I have more than one of, I was lucky enough to pick up 3 of these at a shop I went to as well as the #4 Scottie Young variant for $2 each!

Wow, nice price. Yea, I really the #4 variant as well.