• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

well the person has sold 22 so far, not too bad. Close to double cover.

Only 3 have sold at the $4.99 price, the other 19 sold at $2.99 price... But consider the $6 shipping. Still $9 each for the 19.

Only 3 have sold at the $4.99 price, the other 19 sold at $2.99 price... But consider the $6 shipping. Still $9 each for the 19.

ah k, didn't see that.

Yea, I thought that is what you were looking at.

There are lots of people that like Harley, of course. The thing that kills me is the shipping. They are paying $11 for a cover price book. Sometimes I think the people that are buying these just don't have any shops close or their shop only ordered a couple and it's easier to pay a premium to have it show up on your doorstep.

Considering the print run was 100K its great really. I should have held onto mine I just bought them for the variant at the time.

I really thought the last series would explode, but currently only about 3 issues really sell well.

Edited by Fastballspecial

Had no idea Thanos Imperative was going for so much, $41 with the one-shots.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281276073538?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

It used to sell for double that.

:o

The trade was out of print for a while too I think, although it seems to be everywhere again.

The IG and Thanos TPBs are much harder to find and sell for good $$ as well , but Marvel is reprinting them all so I am not sure if they will maintain their value or not.

Manifest Destiny catching fire. I bought 1 & 2 two weeks ago for $18. Going for $20-50 now depending on if the #1 variant is included. Lots of variation though.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=manifest+destiny+1+2&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

Also, another series I'm not familiar with, Deadpool Kills Marvel Universe just went for $70

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231169035095?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Manifest Destiny catching fire. I bought 1 & 2 two weeks ago for $18. Going for $20-50 now depending on if the #1 variant is included. Lots of variation though.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=manifest+destiny+1+2&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

Also, another series I'm not familiar with, Deadpool Kills Marvel Universe just went for $70

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231169035095?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Crazy on the MD.

Retailers slept on Deadpool Kills TMU for some strange reason. It was a pretty cool series and exploded on the secondary market from the beginning. Cool to see that it has maintained the heat even after the trade was released.

Retailers slept on Deadpool Kills TMU for some strange reason. It was a pretty cool series and exploded on the secondary market from the beginning. Cool to see that it has maintained the heat even after the trade was released.

So these 4 must have came out weekly. #1 was over 30k print, others slightly under. Then the TPB came out the next month.

So these 4 must have came out weekly. #1 was over 30k print, others slightly under. Then the TPB came out the next month.

Yeah, that was the case, IIRC.

August 2012 Sales Numbers:

Deadpool Kills Marvel Universe 1 $2.99 Marvel 31,359

Deadpool Kills Marvel Universe 2 $2.99 Marvel 28,904

Deadpool Kills Marvel Universe 4 $2.99 Marvel 28,458

Deadpool Kills Marvel Universe 3 $2.99 Marvel 28,450

That same month, the main Deadpool series was around those numbers, so retailers were ordering according to the demand for the main series.

Deadpool 59 $2.99 Marvel 28,507

Compare that to January 2014, where the sales numbers on the main Deadpool series and spinoffs has increased by 15-20K

Night of Living Deadpool 1 $3.99 Marvel 47,596

Deadpool 22 $2.99 Marvel 41,765

Deadpool Kills The Marvel Universe was one of the worst things I've ever read. Maybe I just don't like the writer's take on the character but I just felt like there was nothing fun about the series. Sold my run around $50 and couldn't be happier. I don't see the appeal honestly, and I'm a big Deadpool fan.

Deadpool Kills The Marvel Universe was one of the worst things I've ever read. Maybe I just don't like the writer's take on the character but I just felt like there was nothing fun about the series. Sold my run around $50 and couldn't be happier. I don't see the appeal honestly, and I'm a big Deadpool fan.

Being a Cullen Bunn fan, I liked it, but I can see where you are coming from.

The original ...Kills the Marvel Universe still does pretty well.

Punisher Kills the Marvel Universe - eBay

So, I could take my $35 MD investment and turn it into $70 not a month later? I got 1-3 + the Ottley variant #1 for $35, and I need to pay my cell phone bill... I was hoping to hold onto these but I might have to go with a quick flip to double my money.

I just keep thinking "What if this is the next TWD?"

:eek:

-slym

So, I could take my $35 MD investment and turn it into $70 not a month later? I got 1-3 + the Ottley variant #1 for $35, and I need to pay my cell phone bill... I was hoping to hold onto these but I might have to go with a quick flip to double my money.

-slym

Always take the profits, money not working for a bigger profit later, likely still ends up making less then continual climbing.

Also, TWD isnt the TWD ;)lol, but if there was another one, it sure isnt MD.

-slym

Always take the profits, money not working for a bigger profit later, likely still ends up making less then continual climbing.

Also, TWD isnt the TWD ;)lol, but if there was another one, it sure isnt MD.

+1 sell while it's hot. Never know what can happen to creator owned titles (RIP Nowhere Men :( )