• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

Hey Jim are you in Ontario too, if so are the T.O cons worth checking out?

There is no comic related event in Toronto I wouldn't recommend!

Hobbystar has really put together some great shows these past three years, so the March Toronto Convention's have been great and Fan Expo is insane!

TCAF is also really worth while. This year Ed Brubaker and Sean Phillips will be there. Last year Art Spiegelman! And its free to attend!

I havn't heard anything good about Super Fan Con, but this is its first year and I'm not sure whats happening with it. (shrug)

If you go to conventions to buy back issues I always recommend Kitchener's Comic warehouse of love.

Honestly, I'd expect to see movement in Sweet Tooth before any other Lemire title.

I still need to grab a slabbed 9.8 #1 before that happens!

I just need Lemire to do another signing so I can get my 20 #1s graded. :(

There's been a 9.6 lemire ss on ebay for a while, but I just can't pull the trigger on it. Only have one #1 and I highly doubt it's a 9.8

Honestly, I'd expect to see movement in Sweet Tooth before any other Lemire title.

There's been a 9.6 lemire ss on ebay for a while, but I just can't pull the trigger on it. Only have one #1 and I highly doubt it's a 9.8

The 9.6 ss is mine btw

The 9.6 ss is mine btw

:ohm

Man, I get ultra busy with work, and don't check the site for a few weeks,and all of a sudden there's some Canada-US thing going on??? I'll have to go read to see what this is all about. This is almost as disquieting as Jerry Jones dismantling my Cowboys.

Props to a fellow Cowboys fan! (thumbs u

I always cried when I heard of DeMarcus. He was hands down their best player.

Would any of you guys hold DMZ 1 cgc 9.8 or sell now?
I would hold at least till a TV show hits air.

Considering how many comics have been optioned for TV and movies, I wouldn't be surprised if 80% of them never make it. Sometimes it's good to sell during the initial rush, since a lot of these books won't make it to TV. Then you're stuck with it.

Considering how many comics have been optioned for TV and movies, I wouldn't be surprised if 80% of them never make it. Sometimes it's good to sell during the initial rush, since a lot of these books won't make it to TV. Then you're stuck with it.

^^

Yup, and statistically, if you sell on news of every optioned project, you will come out ahead.

Very true, Iwould then ask what your ROI at this point would be compared wwith it not ever getting made. Did you invest $40 in a slab? You could break even if it doesn't make it.

Very true, Iwould then ask what your ROI at this point would be compared wwith it not ever getting made. Did you invest $40 in a slab? You could break even if it doesn't make it.

as an example, I bought a couple of DMZ #1s the day after news broke for $4 each.

Sold one for $30 and one for $40. I'd rather take that, then sit on it for who knows how long in hopes that it makes it to the next step of development.

There's so much that can go off the rails in TV development. The odds are even more astronomical if you're hoping that a show gets made, and that it becomes hugely successful as well. If they make 20 TV announcements a year, and you sell all 20 in that sweet spot right after a big announcement, you will probably make more than if you hang on to all 20 for too long hoping they all get produced and all become a hit.

[

There's so much that can go off the rails in TV development. The odds are even more astronomical if you're hoping that a show gets made, and that it becomes hugely successful as well. If they make 20 TV announcements a year, and you sell all 20 in that sweet spot right after a big announcement, you will probably make more than if you hang on to all 20 for too long hoping they all get produced and all become a hit.

Couldn't agree more, just one example that pops to mind. Think about the Joss Whedon (yes Avengers Joss Whedon) shows that got cancelled, despite being at the top of critics lists and having die hard cult followings. Even once you jump through all the hurdles of getting a pilot to TV, you've got a battle against reality juggernauts and all the other out there to try and secure any kind of cultural impact/renewal and more seasons.

Edited by Symbiotic

Couldn't agree more, just one example that pops to mind. Think about the Joss Whedon (yes Avengers Joss Whedon) shows that got cancelled, despite being at the top of critics lists and having die hard cult followings. Even once you jump through all the hurdles of getting a pilot to TV, you've got a battle against reality juggernauts and all the other out there to try and secure any kind of cultural impact/renewal and more seasons.

Marc Millar has had a lot of options as well. So far I'm not seeing any pan out.