• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

Yeah, I missed it too. The last really great individual Superman story I read was Action Comics #775. Any of you guys read and like that issue ? Is this on that level ?

I wouldn't put it as good as Action 775 because that issue was more about Superman's code and ethics. I think 775 as all type of potential as well for the storyline and the TON of characters that are introduced in that issue.

This issue is more about Joker realizing his place in the villain hierarchy. Superman just basically lets him know just how beneath him he is. In a very direct, scary and humiliating way.

Now this could really be good later if Joker takes it as a challenge.

For example what happened in the beginning of certain popular DC title last year involving Superman and Joker. hm

Edited by Fastballspecial

For example what happened in the beginning of certain popular DC title last year involving Superman and Joker. hm

That book started off scary good, now [Year Two]... not so much. (shrug)

There was no way they could keep the momentum I think.

I mean where do you go after the Lantern stuff is done?

Canary's group will go at them and then after that I think they need to tie it up with a bow. Its been a great story. I am hoping DC took notice at some point of how well the book was doing.

Yeah, I missed it too. The last really great individual Superman story I read was Action Comics #775. Any of you guys read and like that issue ? Is this on that level ?

I wouldn't put it as good as Action 775 because that issue was more about Superman's code and ethics. I think 775 as all type of potential as well for the storyline and the TON of characters that are introduced in that issue.

This issue is more about Joker realizing his place in the villain hierarchy. Superman just basically lets him know just how beneath him he is. In a very direct, scary and humiliating way.

Now this could really be good later if Joker takes it as a challenge.

Thanks for the info. It sounds great. I love the other series you mention so I'm going to try to track this down.

That book started off scary good, now [Year Two]... not so much. (shrug)

There was no way they could keep the momentum I think.

I mean where do you go after the Lantern stuff is done?

Canary's group will go at them and then after that I think they need to tie it up with a bow. Its been a great story. I am hoping DC took notice at some point of how well the book was doing.

I agree. The Lantern story was brutal. I think it was even more surprising than the Joker Superman meeting. I have enjoyed this run , including the Annual, immensely.

Adventures of Superman #14 in NM @ $9 & 25 watchers. Off to a good start.

Alpa Flight #17 in NM @ $15 because it's the 1st Big Hero Six?

Sunfire and Big Hero Six #1 in NM @ $21. :ohm

Probably comics everyone here is already aware of but it never hurts to post it anyways. (thumbs u

Edited by whetteon

Probably comics everyone here is already aware of but it never hurts to post it anyways. (thumbs u

Look at you ... lording about ... posting information relevant to the topic and interests. Do you not know how this thread works?

(thumbs u

Went to 5 different shops over this weekend. Lucked out and found 5 copies of Adventure of Superman #14 and and few Rat Queens #1s. Haven't seen a single copy of Outcast.

:gossip: If anyone lives in the Carbondale, IL area, Castle Perilous Games said they have 3 or 4 copies of Adventures of Superman #14 available. I was going to make the drive over there today, but I wont get a chance.

Went to 5 different shops over this weekend. Lucked out and found 5 copies of Adventure of Superman #14 and and few Rat Queens #1s. Haven't seen a single copy of Outcast.

:gossip: If anyone lives in the Carbondale, IL area, Castle Perilous Games said they have 3 or 4 copies of Adventures of Superman #14 available. I was going to make the drive over there today, but I wont get a chance.

Funny how it works, out here in the DFW I hit 7 shops and called close to 20 for AoS 14, I came away with 1 copy over the weekend and 5 of Outcast.

Midtown Comics has locked down OUTCAST #1 as a ONE PER PERSON book. The tools! Good thing I bought a nice amount last week. Also helps that I work right across the street from the store.

They had no ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN #14 though. That think cleared out quick. I'm still looking to get this issue. If anyone is looking to trade a great copy of ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN #1 for an equally great copy of OUTCAST #1, PM me!

Look at you ... lording about ... posting information relevant to the topic and interests. Do you not know how this thread works?

(thumbs u

:fear:

(thumbs u

You think this thread is bad. Just go over to the Copper heating up thread. :facepalm: