• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

I pre-ordered a bunch from midtown months ago at dirt cheap pre-order pricing, paid for the more expensive, quicker UPS shipping, books arrived quickly and all wete damaged due to midtown using too small of a box. Went to reorder, limited to 1 per customer, and they've yet to respond to email. Might have to call them today. They are usually pretty good about these things ..

They are? Got some bombshells in, all damaged corners. Emailed them multiple times about that and another issue. Seems like a 2-3 day turnaround on an email response. Probably never use them again, don't typically buy the variants and that's the only reason I would having dealt with other, better sources.

Use their online chat. Email has never worked for me. but their online CS reps have always been really helpful.

Dunno to be honest...Im saving some for my shop for my customers there. Some for SDCC. Some for trades and comps. Id say soon...if today's sales are any indication. Id say if you are buying in the next couple days you should be ok.

I pre-ordered a bunch from midtown months ago at dirt cheap pre-order pricing, paid for the more expensive, quicker UPS shipping, books arrived quickly and all wete damaged due to midtown using too small of a box. Went to reorder, limited to 1 per customer, and they've yet to respond to email. Might have to call them today. They are usually pretty good about these things ..

They are? Got some bombshells in, all damaged corners. Emailed them multiple times about that and another issue. Seems like a 2-3 day turnaround on an email response. Probably never use them again, don't typically buy the variants and that's the only reason I would having dealt with other, better sources.

Use their online chat. Email has never worked for me. but their online CS reps have always been really helpful.

Tried is once, during operating hours. The message I received said it was offline (not during operating hours which it was) and that I would be contacted by email when they were available. Not a peep regarding that, ever.

FYI to all, Mile High Comics (yep I know I got desperate) has available copies of AoS 14, Outcast and sparse Rat Queens. I picked up a couple Nailbiter copies as well.

I wouldn't be surprised if you get an email saying out of stock. But when you check the site again it will be available at a much higher prices. Yes, this is mile high's business practice. I've had many experiences similar with them and vowed never to buy from them again.

I was actually worried about that so I called them yesterday and...wait for it.... order was filled at cover cost! :banana:

Unsurprisingly when I tried to add more they advised that Outcast is now $15 per copy and AoS 14 is now a $10.

How close are you to selling out?

+1 wondering as well. Would. Love to snag a set but am still tapped out from Heroes :(

Edit: didn't see the answer above, disregard. ;)

Edited by Garf

Is it worth picking up more Nailbiter #1s? What about Southern Bastards #1? A couple of stores here still have some left on the racks at cover.

I think the short term price bump for Southern Bastards is gone, though it may still be selling above cover. I saw a few at some shops in Belleville last week, thought about grabbing them but didn't.

Couldn't say with Nailbiter. Slabbed sales have been around $70, but idk about raws. 2c

Edited by AntBrown

Batman #28 with a SteamPunk Batwoman has a price tag of $42 & 5 bids.

X-Files #1 Variant still finding a fanbase. @32 & 6 bids.

A VF copy of the Italian Amazing Spider-Man #300 variant rocking it @ $36 & 11 bids. (worship)

About the italian Asm 300, it is not an isolated case.

I just sold a spanish edition for $57. It seems foreign keys are heating up.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMAZING-SPIDERMAN-300-SPANISH-EDITION-/321440930018?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item4ad75f58e2

Is it worth picking up more Nailbiter #1s? What about Southern Bastards #1? A couple of stores here still have some left on the racks at cover.

Southern Bastards has slowed, but Scalped 43, oddly enough, is still doing alright.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=southern+bastards+cbldf&LH_Sold=1&_osacat=0&_from=R40&LH_Complete=1&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313&_nkw=scalped+43&_sacat=0

Southern Bastards has slowed, but Scalped 43, oddly enough, is still doing alright.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=southern+bastards+cbldf&LH_Sold=1&_osacat=0&_from=R40&LH_Complete=1&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313&_nkw=scalped+43&_sacat=0

Those people selling that a s a first appearance had probably better hope the buyers don't read the book before leaving feedback. At this point, those sellers should know better and certainly shouldn't advertise them as a first appearance of Earl Tubb. Dirty pool. lol

Any thoughts on the Black Adam hologram from a few months back now that there seems to be extra renewed interest in that character again? I've always thought he was pretty cool -- for a d.c. character. Sure, it's his 493rd appearance, but it is cool.

I see they sometimes still sell for cover. Investment potential if I can get them at $3 or was that one that they ordered a billion of?

Edited by the blob

Those people selling that a s a first appearance had probably better hope the buyers don't read the book before leaving feedback. At this point, those sellers should know better and certainly shouldn't advertise them as a first appearance of Earl Tubb. Dirty pool. lol

True, but there is still that listing by a boardie explaining that it isn't his first appearance, plus sellers have sold copies with no mention of southern bastards.

True, but there is still that listing by a boardie explaining that it isn't his first appearance, plus sellers have sold copies with no mention of southern bastards.

For what its worth, I think that is fair game.

bZCgW6L.jpg