• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

From my experience, the recalled Elektra "nude" issue was also extremely common (and the change was extremely minor to begin with).

What about the COA from MCS that says there are only 5k copies?

http://www.auctiva.com/hostedimages/showimage.aspx?gid=1172680&ppid=1122ℑ=676776509&images=676776464,676776509&formats=0,0&format=0

:gossip: The COI is from Lone Star Comics.

Lone Star Comics and mycomicshop are one and the same.

Did not know that. (thumbs u Lone Star always seemed like a reputable bunch. I don't get the same impression from MCS, but since it is largely a consignment shop (on eBay) that doesn't necessarily reflect on them, I guess.

I thought Lone Star was the brick and Mortar stores that they sold this year.

MCS is the online presence that is our forum member here

From my experience, the recalled Elektra "nude" issue was also extremely common (and the change was extremely minor to begin with).

http://www.auctiva.com/hostedimages/showimage.aspx?gid=1172680&ppid=1122ℑ=676776509&images=676776464,676776509&formats=0,0&format=0

Pwned!

....yep I just went there lol

Not anymore. Buddy sold all his retail stores last year.

Pwned!

+1

Pwned!

+1

Something is weird about that. when I purchase from MCS it shows up Lone Star on the address. If you go to the MCS website, it shows a Lone Star location and has "copyright of Lone Star" at bottom of website pages.

Pwned!

+1

Something is weird about that. when I purchase from MCS it shows up Lone Star on the address. If you go to the MCS website, it shows a Lone Star location and has "copyright of Lone Star" at bottom of website pages.

Nothing weird about it at all - read the link again. They sold the stores, which will be renamed. They probably retained the name and copyrights.

walking dead 127 still above 10-9 dollars.. Outcast is a good pick.. Kirkman:) when more news comes out for the show.. it should get to a better level.

Considering that there was news of a show before the issue released, and it's a Kirkman #1, I can't imagine that the print run isn't huge due to people speculating when placing orders. (Didn't the '90s teach us anything?) Even if the show is decent, I can't see #1 being a particularly pricey book long-term. (Subsequent issues, which will have a much lower print run, might be a different story.) And if the show doesn't take off, there are going to be a lot of people with a lot of copies.

walking dead 127 still above 10-9 dollars.. Outcast is a good pick.. Kirkman:) when more news comes out for the show.. it should get to a better level.

Considering that there was news of a show before the issue released, and it's a Kirkman #1, I can't imagine that the print run isn't huge due to people speculating when placing orders. (Didn't the '90s teach us anything?) Even if the show is decent, I can't see #1 being a particularly pricey book long-term. (Subsequent issues, which will have a much lower print run, might be a different story.) And if the show doesn't take off, there are going to be a lot of people with a lot of copies.

Completely agree. But then again, I thought the same thing about Saga. If these guys keep bringing in marvel and dc readers as well as a ton of readers from the outside who read in trades and HCs, the first issues in particular could stay in demand.

There's a difference between now and the 90s.... The stories are good and targeted at more than kids and man children looking for bewbs drawn hugely.

Pwned!

+1

Nothing weird about it at all - read the link again. They sold the stores, which will be renamed. They probably retained the name and copyrights.

Yep, mycomicshop.com is the website for Lone Star Comics. The retail stores they sold are now Wild West Comics & Games.