• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,841 posts in this topic

I'm more concerned by this in the description - "No Boards" :o

Does that mean "books will be shipped without boards", or does it mean "I don't want some picky *spoon* from the CGC Boards buying these"? hm

This title of this set bother's me. Neither Agent Coulson or Nick Fury Jr. make their first appearance in this series.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BATTLE-SCARS-1-2-3-4-5-6-VF-1st-App-Agent-Coulson-Nick-Fury-Jr-Deadpool-/111397910307?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item19efd53723

Where are their first appearances in Marvel continuity then? :baiting:

The title says nothing about a first in continuity appearance, it claims to be their actual first appearances. Issue 1 is Coulson's first in continuity appearance but not his first appearance in a comic book. Nick Fury Jr. appeared at the end of Issue 7 of the Fear Itself series.

It's not up to the seller to explain the story of the book and he history of Marvel in their title on eBay. A buyer needs to educate themselves.

Also, if you're going to get that technical, issue #1 is the first appearance of Coulson as "Cheese". He is not reveled as Coulson until issue #5 or #6, again, depending how technical you want to get.

Nick Fury Jr. is not reveled as such until later issues as well (perceived issue #6). He is Staff Sargent Marcus Johnson until that point.

Either way, the market (and respective wikia's) have dictated this and we all know what is correct does not drive sales, it's perception.

wait - are you guys saying black Nick Fury appears somewhere else before Battle Scars #1 (well #5 is the reveal) - I mean, I liked the story and I don't read that much marvel stuff, but than "Nick Fury shows up and is like, I'm your father" #5 - than in issue 6 last page we find out his real name is nick.

So I'm not sure if it was just a black guy in Fear Itself, but he's not called Nick until the last issue of Battle Scars and he's not regarded as Nicks son until issue 5

- this series was great until they pretty much said "well we can only add a black guy into the Marvel U if he's Nick Fury Jr."

Edited by Jimmy Linguini

wait - are you guys saying black Nick Fury appears somewhere else before Battle Scars #1 (well #5 is the reveal) - I mean, I liked the story and I don't read that much marvel stuff, but than "Nick Fury shows up and is like, I'm your father" #5 - than in issue 6 last page we find out his real name is nick.

So I'm not sure if it was just a black guy in Fear Itself, but he's not called Nick until the last issue of Battle Scars and he's not regarded as Nicks son until issue 5

- this series was great until they pretty much said "well we can only add a black guy into the Marvel U if he's Nick Fury Jr."

Since we know that Marcus Johnson is Nick Fury Jr. these epilogue pages describe a big secret surrounding him. It's not like there was just a photo of a black dude at the end of Fear 7 and I am suggesting that he is Marcus/Nick.

FearItself7053_zpsbb436abd.jpg

As far as Coulson it doesn't matter which issues he was called Coulson or Cheese because he appeared much earlier in the Iron Man/Incredible Hulk/Nick Fury one shot from Feb 2009.

Since we know that Marcus Johnson is Nick Fury Jr. these epilogue pages describe a big secret surrounding him. It's not like there was just a photo of a black dude at the end of Fear 7 and I am suggesting that he is Marcus/Nick.

FearItself7053_zpsbb436abd.jpg

As far as Coulson it doesn't matter which issues he was called Coulson or Cheese because he appeared much earlier in the Iron Man/Incredible Hulk/Nick Fury one shot from Feb 2009.

My point came off wrong.

But yeah I'm not sure - would he considered Nick Fury's son in Fear Itself #7? They refer to is, but the reveal isn't made, so thats why I think that character is just an irrelevant black character - where as after the reveal I regard him as Nick Fury Jr. But thats just me - and I really hated the end of Battle Scars.

Black nick fury is important because of the movies - plus now white nick fury is 100 years old and living on the moon? (original sin)

OK, he appears in a photo. We could get into a Darkside type debate about this, appearing on a photo or on a digital device, or maybe even "behind the scenes" like Apocalypse?

The one-shot is in the cinematic universe, not regular continuity. I had this pointed out to me about a week ago myself.

OK, he appears in a photo. We could get into a Darkside type debate about this, appearing on a photo or on a digital device, or maybe even "behind the scenes" like Apocalypse?

The one-shot is in the cinematic universe, not regular continuity. I had this pointed out to me about a week ago myself.

The thing is, he's not regarded as black nick Fury, thats where I don't see the book being a first appearance. and its only important because the movies have a black nick fury. Its just dumb so I think the revelation is the first appearance, but let the market decide!

First black Nick Fury appeared in Ultimate Team-up 5 from 2002, IIRC. I realize the discussion is Nick Jr./Marvel continuity and I'm talking the Ultimate universe, but UTU-5 has never gotten any love considering it predates Samuel L. Jackson's depiction.

Edited by Hekla

The thing is, he's not regarded as black nick Fury, thats where I don't see the book being a first appearance. and its only important because the movies have a black nick fury. Its just dumb so I think the revelation is the first appearance, but let the market decide!

Ok he's not known to be Nick Fury jr yet but we know that Marcus IS Nick Fury jr sooooo that would make the first appearance of Marcus the first appearance of Nick Fury Jr.

I also know that Couslon's first appearance is out of continuity but so was Harley Quinn's and others. This doesn't mean that Battle Scars 1 and 6 aren't important. They just aren't his first comic book appearances.

It makes you wonder though, if Marvel goes through with mixing both the ultimate and regular Marvel Universes we could get a black on black Fury fight.

so how are they going to bring black nick fury into continuity? i know he's in the ultimate universe, but eventually they're going to merge everything to sell some books...nick fury's younger (half) brother? nick fury's love child with gabriel jones's sister? so many possibilities.

my son is very confused between the comics and csrtoons/movies/tv. it's not like green lantern where john stewart is an actual different person and kingpin in the movies, who should have been black to start with in the comics.

so how are they going to bring black nick fury into continuity? i know he's in the ultimate universe, but eventually they're going to merge everything to sell some books...nick fury's younger (half) brother? nick fury's love child with gabriel jones's sister? so many possibilities.

my son is very confused between the comics and csrtoons/movies/tv. it's not like green lantern where john stewart is an actual different person and kingpin in the movies, who should have been black to start with in the comics.

He's nick furys son.

And he gets darker in battle scars from 1 to 6

He's nick furys son.

And he gets darker in battle scars from 1 to 6

I thought he was born from a love child between Nick and an African American, thus his darker complexion?

He already is in regular continuity with Battle Scars. There has been some speculation of ramping him up with events that happened in the Original Sin storyline with Nicholas Fury (Sr.).