• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

I don't know if this book will be profitable for you guys, but that artist just grossed $100K. There's the real profit. lol

I was thinking the same thing as I watched people buy them. I wonder how many artist make this kind of money this quick and if this could become a short term trend ? If I'm an artist, I'm exploring my options.

wasn't sure many people still subscribed to Cinemax....are they available with HBO's new monthly no cable sub plan.

I believe so. I haven't seen Banshee, but The Knick is great imo.

Edited by AntBrown

I don't know if this book will be profitable for you guys, but that artist just grossed $100K. There's the real profit. lol

I was thinking the same thing as I watched people buy them. I wonder how many artist make this kind of money this quick and if this could become a short term trend ? If I'm an artist, I'm exploring my options.

I think there are an extremely limited number of things that collectors are going to pay $20 for with the knowledge that there are 5000 available, and that a company is going to let an individual artist rake the money in on rather than offer it up themselves. Maybe the action figure variant is such a huge success that Marvel threw the artist a bone in this case.

Literally anybody can do their own variant.

not if you're dealing with the Marvel/Disney 2 headed monster..you do what they say you can do.

I think there are an extremely limited number of things that collectors are going to pay $20 for with the knowledge that there are 5000 available, and that a company is going to let an individual artist rake the money in on rather than offer it up themselves. Maybe the action figure variant is such a huge success that Marvel threw the artist a bone in this case.

I believe that according to the Marvel Custom License program, if you can foot the bill and print at least 3000 copies you can take that chance.. Sometimes you win sometimes you lose.. It all depends on the numbers..

It probably made more sense to the artist in this case to invest the money instead of commissioning the artwork to marvel..

That explains why he offered them at 20 a pop..

You just never know

That is correct. If you have the money to pay Marvel your on your way to own your own variant

we're assuming that the artist is getting most of the money...maybe he's only getting a small percentage and Marvel is banking the rest.

Safe assumption given how they were sold.

not if you're dealing with the Marvel/Disney 2 headed monster..you do what they say you can do.

Have you ever done a variant?

I'm talking about people just 'doing' variants...they protect their licensing pretty religiously... I read they were having diamond pull all the Dark Horse Star wars stuff so it couldn't be ordered, mostly TPBs but still.

Edited by krighton