• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,861 posts in this topic

about 2 months ago, a facebook seller pulled 23 copies of bloodshot 7 out of our 10/$1 box :o

Don't feel too bad... that one is from the 1993 print run surge. If they had pulled 23 copies of Magnus 7, I would think you had a bad 10/$1 selection employee.

(and I would be surprised a dealer managed to hang onto 23 copies of 1991 Valiant that long.) lol

why are these new Valiant titles heating up yet the 2012 Harbinger/Bloodshot etc. aren't doing squat....

I only ask because I don't have any early Valiant keys and those are hot, yet I do have 2012 valiant and those are dead and now new Valiant that I have none of are going hot.

It's because you touch yourself at night.

why are these new Valiant titles heating up yet the 2012 Harbinger/Bloodshot etc. aren't doing squat....

I only ask because I don't have any early Valiant keys and those are hot, yet I do have 2012 valiant and those are dead and now new Valiant that I have none of are going hot.

Probably for the same reason for which I sold all my original valiant books (mostly in NM) for about $0.50-1.00 each about a year ago? lol

I think you answered your own question... a lot of people (particularly dealers) thought they had tons of unsold Valiant books that were worthless, but when they went to look, they couldn't find the early Valiant keys that got hot.

Valiant collectors have known for years that dealers THINK they have lots of Valiant, and they often laugh when you ask about Valiant... but you actually start looking at their inventory and they have Magnus starting at #17, X-O starting at #13, etc.

And the reason is...................there were a few of us that started cleaning them out of pre-unity, last issue, and gold/platinum/VVSS books at 3 or more for a dollar back in the 1999-2002 period. lol

I do regret on passing on the longboxes of Rai #0 now, though.

It's because you touch yourself at night.

freak

LCS sold out of only one book so far. Wonder Woman Special. No price resistance to $8 tag. Variant is really doing well, but personally I like the normal cover better. Just has that retro feel to it.

Also picked up some Thor God of Thunder 25 2nd prints.

Edited by Fastballspecial

Valiant collectors have known for years that dealers THINK they have lots of Valiant, and they often laugh when you ask about Valiant... but you actually start looking at their inventory and they have Magnus starting at #17, X-O starting at #13, etc.

X-O at #13...?

hm

I didn't know #9-12 were hot.

:D

Frankly, I'm surprised Unity hasn't seen more fire. It's not as if the books were printed in X-Men numbers, after all. And the set does represent a number of firsts.

No combo packs anywhere, but I still see Batman 40's at cover.

Also see the WW Special and one variant cover left (VF/NM to NM- for $50.00)

I see the JLA 40's (combo pack) online bump from $15 to now selling for $30.

Edited by Rip

can you imagine the mind blowing protests and threats if they had female superheroes sliding down Stripper Poles.

Not to mention the lack of diversity :facepalm:

Edited by krighton

can you imagine the mind blowing protests and threats if they had female superheroes sliding down Stripper Poles.

Not to mention the lack of diversity :facepalm:

:wishluck: that there is a 2nd print variant with the women of the Justice League version. lol

Went to six stores today... two had combo packs, of both JL 40 and Batman. One store had yet to price them and were thinking either $30 or $40, the other just said they were on hold for other customers, didn't ask the prices. All but one store had gotten in more JL 40 regular covers since last week, all at cover. As well, one store had a couple dozen copies of FCBD Divergence for the taking, if that book does indeed yield a command.

Managed to find a copy of Divinity 2 first print at the last store I expected to even carry it. Still plenty of #3s to be had among 3 stores. The lone copy of #1 first print that I left at one store on Monday was gone today. Word on this book is really spreading. This week's new Valiant book Dead Drop seems to be selling well on first day, too.

Also I think of some note is that the 2nC/BAM variant for Secret Wars #1 comes pollybagged with a backing board in it... can't say I've seen that too often. Grabbed one copy, but I don't like that the bag itself has the 2nC price tag on it, and removing it from that type of polybag would be a mess.