• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,833 posts in this topic

i've just been holding on to what i've found....guess time will tell (unless the show is a stinker)

one word: constantine

i'm not wishing for it, but not every comic-related TV show is going to be a hit

Yeah, I pretty much insta-flip anything with TV/Film hype. The good results of holding long-term are far outweight by the bad.

In the case of Preacher, I've used those funds to buy some OA, which is awesome regardless of the show.

i've just been holding on to what i've found....guess time will tell (unless the show is a stinker)

i'm not wishing for it, but not every comic-related TV show is going to be a hit

Constantine was a good :censored: show.

Placing a new show on Friday is the kiss of death.

It's like they wanted the show to fail..... :sorry:

Constantine was a good :censored: show.

Placing a new show on Friday is the kiss of death.

It's like they wanted the show to fail..... :sorry:

Constantine will be one good example. I remember when it first came out and everyone went gung-ho.

Random question about 451 Media, but since none of these books are exactly heating up (except for maybe Sunflower?), I don't know where else to really post this:

I went to Books A Million yesterday and saw thick stacks of 451 Media comics on the shelves (none were even shipped to the local 2nC, by the way). About 10 copies of each book including Bad Moon Rising which has been out for a little while, Sunflower which came out last week, as well as books that haven't even been released to any of the direct market shops in the area, like Six, Exmortis, and Self Storage. Six in particular isn't even supposed to be out until the 18th of November, Exmortis the first week of November, and Self Storage this wednesday. All of these comics have barcodes on the front, suggesting to me they're "Newsstand editions" as the direct market copies of Bad Moon Rising and Sunflower I've gotten don't have the barcode on the front.

Should this be chalked up to a shipping and stocking mishap, or does Books A Million have some preview deal set up or something odd of the like?

Sorry for this being in the wrong spot or if this needs its own discussion thread (I didn't think it did).

Random question about 451 Media, but since none of these books are exactly heating up (except for maybe Sunflower?), I don't know where else to really post this:

I went to Books A Million yesterday and saw thick stacks of 451 Media comics on the shelves (none were even shipped to the local 2nC, by the way). About 10 copies of each book including Bad Moon Rising which has been out for a little while, Sunflower which came out last week, as well as books that haven't even been released to any of the direct market shops in the area, like Six, Exmortis, and Self Storage. Six in particular isn't even supposed to be out until the 18th of November, Exmortis the first week of November, and Self Storage this wednesday. All of these comics have barcodes on the front, suggesting to me they're "Newsstand editions" as the direct market copies of Bad Moon Rising and Sunflower I've gotten don't have the barcode on the front.

Should this be chalked up to a shipping and stocking mishap, or does Books A Million have some preview deal set up or something odd of the like?

Sorry for this being in the wrong spot or if this needs its own discussion thread (I didn't think it did).

All of the 451 Media comics were available, in advance, at NYCC. So I wouldn't worry about BAM getting some either.

All of the 451 Media comics were available, in advance, at NYCC. So I wouldn't worry about BAM getting some either.

Towards the end of Sunday at New York Comic Con, they were giving these away. Guess many had no interest in purchasing these. I was just surprised to get them freely.