• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

which is odd given that #8 is the first app. as already discussed here. i agree 11 has a better cover and deadpool and everything. not that #8 isn't picking up too.

was at a flea market yesterday...someone already got the #11, but a nice #8 was still there.

which is odd given that #8 is the first app. as already discussed here. i agree 11 has a better cover and deadpool and everything. not that #8 isn't picking up too.

was at a flea market yesterday...someone already got the #11, but a nice #8 was still there.

CGC label currently says 11.

Maybe, but Marvel identifies #8 as the first appearance.

Feel like a real insufficiently_thoughtful_person because they had a 1st print of Batman 1 (New 52) for $10. Probably about a VF+, so a good $40-$50 flip. But I only had a buck in my pocket and my wife was very grumpy after she paid for my haircut and I was afraid to ask to borrow another $10 from her to buy it.

Moral of the story: If you're an adult in your mid-40s never walk around with less than $40 in your pocket!

Yeah, well CGC is "currently" wrong. lol

Yeah, well CGC is "currently" wrong. lol

Shhhhhhhh dont say that to loud they may recall my slab lol

Sooooooo...this is heating up? Or are you trying to heat it up??? These things are all over the place in back bins for less than cover.

Well here is one that went for over $10, so it must be hot:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Amazing-Spiderman-Vol-2-592-MINT-NM-Professionally-Stored-Comics-VIEW-SCANS-/201531169770?hash=item2eec319bea:g:-3kAAOSwzgRW0ghb

Never mind that it is 300-400%+ the price of others that have sold, it is now a $10+ book.

Sooooooo...this is heating up? Or are you trying to heat it up??? These things are all over the place in back bins for less than cover.

Pass, even if it ends up being this character, it's one that has no powers. Historically they do not do well, even in movies. That Wolvie art variant however....

Well here is one that went for over $10, so it must be hot:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Amazing-Spiderman-Vol-2-592-MINT-NM-Professionally-Stored-Comics-VIEW-SCANS-/201531169770?hash=item2eec319bea:g:-3kAAOSwzgRW0ghb

Never mind that it is 300-400%+ the price of others that have sold, it is now a $10+ book.

Come on now. That one was PROFESSIONALLY STORED . The rest of us cant compete with that .

once something sells for $10 it is at least $10 forever, it can never go down. just like some of the prices in Overstreet. they represent a sale (maybe) once, possibly a comic dealer selling something to himself, and now the price is permanent. It is a law of comics physics. You can't question it.

once something sells for $10 it is at least $10 forever, it can never go down. just like some of the prices in Overstreet. they represent a sale (maybe) once, possibly a comic dealer selling something to himself, and now the price is permanent. It is a law of comics physics. You can't question it.

Unless its a auction style sale, then a book can definitely sell for lower. hm

In case you might have missed it, I was being facetious. Whether something remains at a permanent high price depends on how many copies I own. Once I have none it can be a dollar box book. Even better, so I can find one there and try to make it a $10 book again.

Edited by the blob