• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

Buyer beware on green lantern 20.

Supposed to be a 1st appearance or so i am told...care to enlighten a non lantern fan on what going on with this one?

It is the first appearance of Jessica Cruz, technically. Shown below is her hand. That is the entirety of her appearance in GL 20.

gl20.jpg

Her next appearance is in Justice League #30. This is the entirety of that appearance, save for some dialogue on a previous page in which she isn't shown:

jl30.jpg

This is her next appearance in Justice League #31, including her first cover appearance, her origin, her transformation and her reveal:

jl31a.jpg

jl31b.jpg

jl31c.jpg

jl31d.jpg

So before people start blindly chasing GL 20, use the info above to make your own decision. [/quote?]

So CGC gets it right. Anything that needs to change?

Green Lantern 20 - 1st App. of Jessica Cruz (cameo)

Justice League 30 - 1st Full App. of Jessica Cruz

Justice League 31 - Origin & 1st App.of Jessica Cruz as Green Lantern.

Thanks Darkstar. Great work.

Actually, there may be more to GL 20 than Darkstar said earlier.Dunno what that would be exactly, as I have not read any of these 3 books.

But before anyone asks CGC for label notations on these 3 books, they should read all 3 books....Here's the post by Darkstar I'm referring to:

Funny, NOBODY saw Baz coming this week...

Funny.

Except those of us that read Green Lantern 20, which tells you exactly what is going to happen regarding the green lanterns.

Just because someone doesn't mention these things doesn't mean they don't know what is going on.

I read EVERYTHING.

Certainly read Green Lantern #20, but honestly had no idea weather that future was still going to be valid with Rebirth.

Annnnnd neither did you.

I read EVERYTHING.

Certainly read Green Lantern #20, but honestly had no idea weather that future was still going to be valid with Rebirth.

Annnnnd neither did you.

Except they mention rebirth in Green Lantern 20...when it was published in 2013.

greenlantern2001.jpg

And they also explicitly state that Simon Baz will train Jessica Cruz:

greenlantern2002.jpg

So when DC announced the new Green Lanterns title, emphasis on the plural Lanterns there, it was easy to figure out that they were sticking with the idea. Confirmed early in this week or last week when they released the image of a female green lantern.

As another male Green Lantern I don't even know if Simon Baz is worth discussing. Hell, Jessica Cruz might not even be worth discussing in terms of speculation. But female characters have been moving the dial lately, so why not?

Seems like Damian is going to be keeping the Robin mantle, from what they said in the presentation

What did they say concerning Damian

They said he would be looking to head up the Teen Titans, and the rest of the Teen Titans want to prevent him from doing so. Showed some Art with Damian dressed as Robin as well.

I read EVERYTHING.

Annnnnd neither did you.

Except they mention rebirth in Green Lantern 20...when it was published in 2013.

greenlantern2001.jpg

And they also explicitly state that Simon Baz will train Jessica Cruz:

greenlantern2002.jpg

So when DC announced the new Green Lanterns title, emphasis on the plural Lanterns there, it was easy to figure out that they were sticking with the idea. Confirmed early in this week or last week when they released the image of a female green lantern.

As another male Green Lantern I don't even know if Simon Baz is worth discussing. Hell, Jessica Cruz might not even be worth discussing in terms of speculation. But female characters have been moving the dial lately, so why not?

Oh I understand now.

When you saw Rebirth announcement, you understood that meant that although DC's entire continuity was in "flux" they were sticking to the one story Geoff wrote in GL #20 2013.

Completely logical.

Completely believable.

Edited by LarrysComics

So The Walking Dead #9 has been on my want list for awhile but I've yet to pounce on it. Been watching it on eBay and a month ago most bids didn't go over 30-35 now they're going up over 50-60...I'm slapping myself for not buying sooner. These Walking Dead prices are driving me so nuts it's laughable. Perhaps this is old news but dang...I feel like lately they are stupid expensive. Especially the early ones.

Yes it just drives me nuts cuz I don't have 40 dollars to spend per book to get a good run going. Lord have mercy. Where was I ten years ago?? :ohnoez:

Yes I get it. Low print run. Most popular show on TV. But man...its killin my collecting dreams.

/vent

So The Walking Dead #9 has been on my want list for awhile but I've yet to pounce on it. Been watching it on eBay and a month ago most bids didn't go over 30-35 now they're going up over 50-60...I'm slapping myself for not buying sooner. These Walking Dead prices are driving me so nuts it's laughable. Perhaps this is old news but dang...I feel like lately they are stupid expensive. Especially the early ones.

Yes it just drives me nuts cuz I don't have 40 dollars to spend per book to get a good run going. Lord have mercy. Where was I ten years ago?? :ohnoez:

Yes I get it. Low print run. Most popular show on TV. But man...its killin my collecting dreams.

/vent

Just buy my stuff. I'm setting record GPA lows!

/vent

:takeit:

/vent

:takeit:

:sumo:

Harley quinn 26 variant still hot, cant keep up with demand!

GL 20 regular and variant still selling.

Now on to simon baz...i saw a few GL 0s sell, and a few fcbd 2012 new 52 sell as well, interesting to see which of these 2 books gets picked by collectors as 1st app.