• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,830 posts in this topic

Found a Runaways #1 (2003) in a dollar bin today at a shop that has the most current pumpable and dumpable books on display at high prices. Serves 'em, right!

That's a pretty good find.

Thanx, also picked up an Ultimate X-Men #1 Activision promo for $1,I'll find that Del'Otto Ultimate Alliance there someday!

DC prints even more extra copies of their Retailer Incentive variants than Marvel does. We get some of them at every Diamond gathering. Last year at SDCC we got 4 different ones that were all at least 1:100's....that's over 500 copies of each of those.

Just take the argument/discussion somewhere else. People are tired of reading pages and pages of it in this thread. Its the same individuals. Just take the hint there is another thread for it.

I am trying not to be rude, but how many times does it need to be said.

Yep my first reaction when I saw that there were so many posts since my last check an hour ago was : Super more needless arguing about some dumb semantics between at least one know it all .

2nd was, Hmm maybe something is actually heating up . Glad I go with my instincts most of the time .

I bought 4 copies of American Alien 1 this morning and sold them this afternoon for $35 BIN (that includes s/h).

I will buy a few more tomorrow on lunch or the way home from work.

Edited by Bird

I feel it's in the best interest for numerous individuals who take part in this thread and plan on selling books to not shun an opinion of an individual like RMA. The pump and dump crowd who is often the loudest voice in this thread commonly does not care about the facts when it may decrease profits or reduces sales. If you find it enjoyable to sell with the ease as its been the last few years then it's best to do it responsibly if you want it to continue.

The turn and burn crowd will hype absolute drek if they have had the chance to stock up on copies. As well as wrongfully use variant print run numbers with no proof for a added hype profit. Listening to facts will serve the hobby better in the long run as well as one another. Listening to G+ hustlers, trolls, or several spec site write ups will leave buyers paying unreasonable prices. Those buyers are people who are very prone to walk away from the hobby which would further reduce the amount of collectors. The less people in this hobby for the quick cash grab the better.

How would you determine the difference? I've posted many "heating up" books. Usually I've sold them by the time I post because once it ends up on here the lurkers will inflate and undercut the market. Or, I simply never owned the books and don't see coming across them too easily.

Its usually pretty easy to tell the difference.

Yep my first reaction when I saw that there were so many posts since my last check an hour ago was : Super more needless arguing about some dumb semantics between at least one know it all .

You're such a charmer, Bill.

:luhv:

"What you post is super needless and dumb semantics, what I post rocks!"

What positive have you contributed, Bill....? Anything...?

:popcorn:

That's very sound advice. No reason to have newbies getting burned early collecting or new to message boards. I know It took me years to figure out that buying comics online wasn't such a bad thing. Many comics I got were horribly packaged I would have gotten into the hobby earlier. I know that is a little different but. Also didn't help that I had no idea how to grade comics.

Just because I dont have 47,000 plus posts doesnt mean I have not contributed anything positive. Just because you have over 47,000 posts doesnt mean you have contributed anything positive .

As an adult I dont come to comic book message boards to argue semantics , or feel the need to always be correct . Or worry about if my posts rock or whether others posts rock or do not .

How about you just go back to putting me on ignore . That sure worked just fine for me .

If you do or you dont. Doesnt matter to me.

Just do me one favor . Have a nice day .

I bought 4 copies of American Alien 1 this morning and sold them this afternoon for $35 BIN (that includes s/h).

I will buy a few more tomorrow on lunch or the way home from work.

Look for this book in Charlotte, NC, and they were out of everything up to issue #4, I think.

The Walking Dead #100 cover A busted $50 on 3 separate occasions yesterday. This book was in the $25 to $30 range in previous weeks/months. This was the 1st appearance of Negan anywhere to the best of my knowledge. It makes sense that this one gets the boost after last night's show....unless the SDCC cover was earlier...