• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, tacodog7 said:

The Hollywood Reporter article didn't quite say that, the writer was conjecturing. They said it'll be a black Kryptonian with the traditional origin, possibly a period piece. If anything I would bet money on DC making him Calvin Ellis just to have their cake and eat it too. If they give him a black Earth family and make the whole thing a racial parable, I'd better dollars to donuts he's not going to be "Clark Kent" so as to not upset the traditionalists.

They should just make an Icon movie.

1 minute ago, fastballspecial said:

Lost Money?

Ive sold 5 Action 9s  and 2 Earth 24/25s. 

But the folks who purchased those books from you, thinking they were going to flip and sell, will most definitely take a loss. It’s Batwing 19 all over again. A swing and a miss.

37 minutes ago, BishopT said:

A raw Dark Avengers #1 sold for $73 today.

That’s a book I’d put back into dollar bins years ago and pass to other dealers cause I was fed up how many times I saw it

Edited by littledoom

2 hours ago, BishopT said:

I’m happy over this, not because I specced hard on this title but that it’s actually in the hands of an interesting writer in Diablo Cody (Juno, Jennifer’s Body, Tully, Young Adult).

Ahem…Blake Lively :cloud9:

50 minutes ago, PeterPark said:

So New Avengers 49 should be picking up?

Not yet, it doesn’t seem. I hope so though, I have a couple 2nd prints as well as 1st. The Dark Avengers Midtown variant hasn’t really gone up but 2nd and 3rd prints have been up for a little while it seems. Also the Djurdjevic 1:20 variant seems to have been pretty high for a week or so.

8 hours ago, PeterPark said:

Anyone know why the Final Crisis 7 with Superman on the cover is so preferred over the one with the side borders? Same question with the Action 9 with Calvin Ellis opening his shirt vs. Calvin Ellis ripping out machinery? The latter seems harder to find than the shirt opening cover, yet seems to sell for a premium, despite both covers coming out at the same time and having Cal on the cover.

Just IMO the border covers were so hideously ugly compared to the 'character' covers for Final Crisis. It was the same with the Jim Lee covers for Infinite Crisis looking really nice, and the B covers being hideous. Marvel/DC liked to pull this a lot in the 2000s with the 50/50 ratio variants where one cover was so much more desirable than the other, but people who mail ordered and couldn't pick got screwed.

7 minutes ago, Beige said:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/124707159025?hash=item1d09203bf1:g:-WYAAOSwBxJgj1V6 

What am I missing here thats causing this feeding frenzy?

I can see 1 carnage book. I have to be missing something?

At a quick glance, I see a first appearance of Shriek (Spider-Man Unlimited 1) and a first Cosmic Spidey (Spectacular 158), but those aren't high-dollar - you can get them for $10-20 total combined if you do some diligence. That seems like a crazy price for that lot...

3 minutes ago, Jesse-Lee said:

At a quick glance, I see a first appearance of Shriek (Spider-Man Unlimited 1) and a first Cosmic Spidey (Spectacular 158), but those aren't high-dollar - you can get them for $10-20 total combined if you do some diligence. That seems like a crazy price for that lot...

Glad its not just me.

Seems bonkers.

6 hours ago, Nazirite said:

But the folks who purchased those books from you, thinking they were going to flip and sell, will most definitely take a loss. It’s Batwing 19 all over again. A swing and a miss.

I am not sure this is all put to bed based on what I read. 

18 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

I am starting to come to the conclusion that this might become the norm. If this doesn't stop by August I will be completely convinced. My thoughts as conventions open back up that the onslaught will slow down. I have broken every record for me as seller this year and I am still seeing monthly increases currently. As you mentioned I am very thankful I have been selling for a long time as a new seller there is no way I could handle this volume increase.

Please our new norm 🤞
I am in the same boat as you all, hardly have time to check this thread with everything going on. Ride the wave 🌊