• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,842 posts in this topic

On 8/13/2021 at 2:55 PM, Wolverinex said:
On 8/13/2021 at 11:42 AM, littledoom said:

Batman 635 has heat on it

One of my favorite books

it has for a while, but I haven't lookes as of late, as it was already beyond my reach in the grade that I'd like :shy: 

On 8/13/2021 at 3:06 PM, littledoom said:
On 8/13/2021 at 3:03 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

it has for a while, but I haven't lookes as of late, as it was already beyond my reach in the grade that I'd like :shy: 

yeah I've always been too lazy to pay $100 for it

yep, looks a lot of people had the same idea around the same time lol 

And up it went, wanted 9.8, put it on my list, found something I'd rather have, went back and it was too high, then started looking at 9.6's and was just way too "common"

lol and just arrrrrrrrgh hahaah

I was surprised there wasn't more talk about (What If spoiler episode 2)

Spoiler

Thor: God of Thunder #2 now that the Necrosword was included in the second episode of What If.

It seemed a big deal to me and I've been waiting for the other shoe to drop. I know spec is in full force after previous announcements but there is usually a bump when it is "here."

Where's the FOMO?

On 8/19/2021 at 7:19 AM, PeterPark said:

I was surprised there wasn't more talk about (What If spoiler episode 2)

Hide contents

Thor: God of Thunder #2 now that the Necrosword was included in the second episode of What If.

It seemed a big deal to me and I've been waiting for the other shoe to drop. I know spec is in full force after previous announcements but there is usually a bump when it is "here."

Where's the FOMO?

I know I perked up in my chair when I heard them name drop Necrosword. Maybe a couple years from now, people will remeber this when Knull rumors start circulating...

On 8/19/2021 at 12:29 PM, Wolverinex said:

I was really lucky to find it for $3 a few years ago.

I found one for $7.99 then it was removed from my stack and marked up to $100 by the evil witch owner lol. If I ran a booth or a store I would never go through someone’s pile as they’re going through comics even if it’s my property! Lol 

On 8/19/2021 at 4:53 PM, littledoom said:

I found one for $7.99 then it was removed from my stack and marked up to $100 by the evil witch owner lol. If I ran a booth or a store I would never go through someone’s pile as they’re going through comics even if it’s my property! Lol 

How did she realize it was worth more?

On 8/19/2021 at 2:29 PM, Wolverinex said:

I was really lucky to find it for $3 a few years ago.

I have a similar story with my 635 - lucked into a 130 comic Batman lot on eBay for $176, had a lot of run-filler drek, but it also had 404-407, the entire Hush run (608 was a little beat up, but a newsstand, 609 is a 9.8 candidate) and 635 (also a 9.8 candidate), plus a bunch of minor keys. I traded a bunch of the run filler stuff I either had or didn't care about to an LCS for store credit and just kept the keys and minor keys (475: first Renee Montoya, stuff like that).

On 8/19/2021 at 5:37 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

I have a similar story with my 635 - lucked into a 130 comic Batman lot on eBay for $176, had a lot of run-filler drek, but it also had 404-407, the entire Hush run (608 was a little beat up, but a newsstand, 609 is a 9.8 candidate) and 635 (also a 9.8 candidate), plus a bunch of minor keys. I traded a bunch of the run filler stuff I either had or didn't care about to an LCS for store credit and just kept the keys and minor keys (475: first Renee Montoya, stuff like that).

wow that's a great deal

On 8/19/2021 at 4:51 PM, Wolverinex said:

wow that's a great deal

It was pure luck - the seller had a bunch of pictures, but the 635 wasn't in any of them, and it wasn't in the title either. But he had a list of all the issue numbers in the description, and it was in there. So I took a blind shot hoping it'd be in there and that it wasn't a beater. Worked out great!

On 8/19/2021 at 5:54 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

It was pure luck - the seller had a bunch of pictures, but the 635 wasn't in any of them, and it wasn't in the title either. But he had a list of all the issue numbers in the description, and it was in there. So I took a blind shot hoping it'd be in there and that it wasn't a beater. Worked out great!

Geez. was 635 the biggest key or did you get a bigger one in the batch?

On 8/19/2021 at 4:55 PM, Wolverinex said:

Geez. was 635 the biggest key or did you get a bigger one in the batch?

635 was the biggest - the Hush run was a nice piece of it too, that lot usually goes for at least $100, and I've seen it as high as $150 or more.

Here's a link to what I shared in the Collection thread. Zooming in on the 635 there looks like a small tic on the lower spine, but on a good day with a good press it might still hit a 9.8:

Edited by Jesse-Lee

On 8/19/2021 at 4:59 PM, Wolverinex said:

5980f9abe3348_Screenshot2017-08-01at5_55_23PM.png.1cafa44c99502650b65df3e8b8e6a11f.png

@ADAMANTIUM  Still have my copy saved in my gallery.   August 1, 2017

Awesome!

Gallery on phone, or is there a gallery on the boards?

I thought the boards had one, but I'd be tempted to browse lol

That makes for a great story as well!