• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,858 posts in this topic

SUPERMAN BATMAN MOVIE 2015

So Superman will laser eye everyone, while not being affected by bullets, punches, or energy blasts.

And Batman will...........give him moral support and possibly a bagel sandwich??

Not sure why there isn't more talk about 2008 Guardians of the Galaxy 1 and AC 6 on here.

These books continue to rise in value and if the response to SDCC panel today is any indicator

this one hasn't even come close to its potential. Don't sleep on this one fellow fans and prospectors.

Was talked about quite a lot a while back.

Pretty soon everything will have a movie deal it seems. How many new titles now do we have in movie some sort of production now? How many are missing from below?

Hack Slash

Clone

Think Tank

Hoax Hunters

Sixth Gun(TV)

The Vault

100 Bullets

Peter Panzer..(TV)

Rachel Rising

Chastity

RIPD

The Activity

Term Life

The Test

Y the Last Man

Locke & Key

Powers

Absolution (Christos Gage has written a screenplay for this. Don't know much more than that about the project.)

Uber (Was this just a rumor or did it finally get confirmed somewhere?)

The Activity has a tv or movie deal? Sheesh.

Probably much easier to film half of these since not a lot are special effects heavy, or don't need tones of novel visuals. (i.e. The Activity-grab a bunch of suits, SWAT armor, and some guns..... BOOM-movie or TV show.)

It might look like a long list but compared to how many comics actually exist it's relatively short. There are dozens of excellent comics out there that have never and probably will never be picked up for a tv or movie deal.

Pretty soon everything will have a movie deal it seems. How many new titles now do we have in movie some sort of production now? How many are missing from below?

Hack Slash

Clone

Think Tank

Hoax Hunters

Sixth Gun(TV)

The Vault

100 Bullets

Peter Panzer..(TV)

Rachel Rising

Chastity

RIPD

The Activity

Term Life

The Test

Y the Last Man

Locke & Key

Powers

Absolution (Christos Gage has written a screenplay for this. Don't know much more than that about the project.)

Uber (Was this just a rumor or did it finally get confirmed somewhere?)

The Activity has a tv or movie deal? Sheesh.

Probably much easier to film half of these since not a lot are special effects heavy, or don't need tones of novel visuals. (i.e. The Activity-grab a bunch of suits, SWAT armor, and some guns..... BOOM-movie or TV show.)

Yeah but it's a terrible comic and no one reads it lol

Others I picked up multiples copies of ( one for store wall, 1 for online , 1 to sit on:

Uncanny x force vol 1- #1 and #4

New mutants 87-red cover and 100

Evangelyne 1 Gold foil sig

Age of ultron 1 sketch cover 1:100

Quasar 32

Spidey 344 and 361

Cyblade/ shi 1 - lowest print variant

Witchblade 10

Number 13-#0-3

Avengers 257

If half of these sell / hit I'm a happy camper

Why Avengers 257?

And why Quasar 32??

Guest firstappearance1

First appearance of Nebula the space pirate - going to play a major role in Guardians of the Galaxy. Karen Gillian from Dr. Who playing her.

So Superman will laser eye everyone, while not being affected by bullets, punches, or energy blasts.

And Batman will...........give him moral support and possibly a bagel sandwich??

:roflmao:

Guest firstappearance1

Correct you are and don't forget inhumans 11 ( though not a modern)

Both major actors playing both characters so some potential here.

+1 - can someone point me toward a superman/batman saga in the comics that worked. DKR? thanks

+1 - can someone point me toward a superman/batman saga in the comics that worked. DKR? thanks

Flashpoint was amazing as was Red Son.

Both of those were Superman / Batman stories.

Flashpoint was amazing as was Red Son.

Both of those were Superman / Batman stories.

thanks- just read Red Son, didn't spring to mind.

Injustice Gods Among Us (comic series) is doing a nice job of getting Superman and Batman to realistically exist in the same universe and have reason to interact. As in Red Son, the Injustice Batman is able to stay a step ahead of Supes to avoid getting stomped.

After all, the Batman in most comics over the years is whip-smart, technology-savvy & "the world's greatest detective" -- maybe a slightly tougher lift with the movie Batman, who hasn't shown as much of those aspects to date, but I think it can be done.

lol from me as well... point certainly taken...

But sure, it can be done. You're right that a villain that can be stopped with a brute force takedown alone isn't going to work, because Batman will look useless. So the writers have to be more thoughtful than that. Batman has to come off as a master strategist, whether against Superman or against some villain. Again, the Red Son and Injustice storylines show possible templates.

I shutter to think if DC would've found a killer actor for both Supes and Batman years ago and stayed loyal and consistent through all the movies like Hugh Jackman has for Wolverine. IMO they would be reaping the rewards a lot more than currently. 2c

Again, the Red Son and Injustice storylines show possible templates.

Why can't we get a DC Elseworlds cartoon series?

Red Son

Gotham by Gaslight

Doom that came to Gotham

JLA: The Nail

etc.

lol from me as well... point certainly taken...

But sure, it can be done. You're right that a villain that can be stopped with a brute force takedown alone isn't going to work, because Batman will look useless. So the writers have to be more thoughtful than that. Batman has to come off as a master strategist, whether against Superman or against some villain. Again, the Red Son and Injustice storylines show possible templates.

Superman has problems with Lex Luthor, not exactly a physical powerhouse. I think Batman has at least brainpower, money, firepower and other resources that Luthor has. I think the movie will be awesome.

Edited by The Authority

I shutter to think if DC would've found a killer actor for both Supes and Batman years ago and stayed loyal and consistent through all the movies like Hugh Jackman has for Wolverine. IMO they would be reaping the rewards a lot more than currently. 2c

Wolverine Origins sucked donkey scrote- what's your point?

Wolverine Origins sucked donkey scrote- what's your point?

ugghh another movie Ryan Reynolds ruined....that guy is like movie kryptonite