• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Incredible Hulk #1 (2011) What did you think?

7 posts in this topic

Just read the relaunch of the Hulk by Jason Aaron and Marc Silvestri. I really like Jason Aaron as a writer. His current run on Punisher Max makes it feel like Garth Ennis never left. The new storyline set up with Hulk and Banner is intriguing enough to give it a few more issues.

However, the art in my opinion, is kind of crappy. I remember Silvestri being much better than that. Everything looks rushed inside the book, as if Marc just quickly sketched some figures lacking detail and left it up to the inkers to make it look good. But even the ink job looked rushed, and the backgrounds lacked any real detail. Hulk looks more like Bernie Wrightson's Frankenstein with a beard. Doesn't at all feel "polished."

And the cover is terrible! Veins everywhere!

Any other Hulk fans have an opinion?

Just read the relaunch of the Hulk by Jason Aaron and Marc Silvestri. I really like Jason Aaron as a writer. His current run on Punisher Max makes it feel like Garth Ennis never left. The new storyline set up with Hulk and Banner is intriguing enough to give it a few more issues.

However, the art in my opinion, is kind of crappy. I remember Silvestri being much better than that. Everything looks rushed inside the book, as if Marc just quickly sketched some figures lacking detail and left it up to the inkers to make it look good. But even the ink job looked rushed, and the backgrounds lacked any real detail. Hulk looks more like Bernie Wrightson's Frankenstein with a beard. Doesn't at all feel "polished."

And the cover is terrible! Veins everywhere!

Any other Hulk fans have an opinion?

I have not picked up any copies yet. I am sure I will get them just to have and will be disappointed in the process.