• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2012 AMAZING ARIZONA COMIC CON January 6-7-8 Mesa Convention Center

71 posts in this topic

Dealer list is going up this week...

we will be loading the official site with a ton of content this week-

from additional guests, to exclusives, programming, swag, artist alley, and more

keep checking and coming back to

http://www.AmazingArizonaComicCon.com

and click on the NEWS section, and keep surfing!

Updates also found at

http://facebook.com/AmazingArizonaComicCon

and on twitter

@AmazingComicCon

hope that helps!

Cant waite for this show bought tickets booked room the whole family is going to this one. Wife will bw with to keep control of the money but she gave me a $500 limit and that doesnt include food hope i can make it last for the weekend and not blow it all in 5 mins.

TJanse-

the great thing about the AMAZING ARIZONA COMIC CON is that it is relatively inexpensive for a family---

*Kids 12 and under are free with paid adult

and

*FREE parking in a huge lot that is next to the Mesa Convention Center.

How many times have you spent $15-$20 per day while going to a con?

We want to make every effort to help those dollars get stretched and maximized. There's going to be a ton of great comic book dealers and exhibitors at the event, with lots of great stuff to bring home...

Your pal-

Jimmy S. Jay...

Promoter-Organizer, AMAZING ARIZONA COMIC CON

Twitter:

@AmazingComicCon

@JimmySJay

I should have an exhibitor list coming up hopefully tomorrow.

Comic BOOKS back issue retailers will represent about 40% of the room, with extensive creators/publishers, and artist alley representing the rest. While there are several vendors that specialize in horror, autographs, and non sports trading cards, the AMAZING ARIZONA COMIC CON is primarily a COMIC BOOK convention.

Comic BOOKS at a COMIC CON? What a concept!

In addition to Ed Robertson from these boards, there are a number of fantastic collectors options- From Harley Yee to Phil at Comic Collectors Shop.

Last year, Angel Dimeo brought out a new collection of Silver that dominated a bunch of dollars in the room, but he has assured me that he will have another new selection again this year.

Several other newbies are bringing out Silver and bronze personal collections. There should be good deals here as well.

Scott Hudlow has an eclectic mix from old to new- a great place to fill in runs, and find some diamonds in the rough.

As for Modern Dealers

Lee Krause from Comic Madness will have one of his biggest displays. Ruppsworld will be bringing out their cool batch of variants. And of course JayCompany will have a booth there too.

Brian Khepri will have large display of new graphic novels, indy flavor books too

Local stores bringing comics-

Samurai Comics-the 3 store chain- will be building a virtual store inside the front doors of the Con. Marco from Pop Culture Paradise in Tempe will be doing the same. And jesse James Comics will be displaying for the very first time at AMAZING. He will be bringing in show exclusive comics, but visit his tables as there are always piles and piles of good stuff at great prices.

Oh and CGC will be there with 2 booths as well.

the 2012 AMAZING ARIZONA COMIC CON is created for the comic book fan in all of us.

Best-

Jimmy...

ALSO-

we just added another blockbuster name to the mix of great comic book creators:

SCOTT LOBDELL is coming to the 2012 AMAZING ARIZONA COMIC CON.

X-Men architect of the 90s and mastermind behind AGE OF APOCALYPSE, ONSLAUGHT, and other Blockbusters events

and current key writer of the DC52 with popular titles TEEN TITANS, SUPERBOY and RED HOOD & OUTLAWS.

http://amazingarizonacomiccon.com/2011/12/amazing-arizona-comic-con-guest-update/

and for tickets:

http://outside-affiliatelinksnotallowed.com/3enkrum

Buckycap,

This is a smaller convention. As a local to the area I think we are lucky to even have this convention.

There are about the same amount of guests attending as the Jan 2011 con.

I would also like to see more artists there my self, maybe next year. You could also attend the Phoenix Comic Con 2012 in May.

I should have an exhibitor list coming up hopefully tomorrow.

Comic BOOKS back issue retailers will represent about 40% of the room, with extensive creators/publishers, and artist alley representing the rest. While there are several vendors that specialize in horror, autographs, and non sports trading cards, the AMAZING ARIZONA COMIC CON is primarily a COMIC BOOK convention.

Comic BOOKS at a COMIC CON? What a concept!

In addition to Ed Robertson from these boards, there are a number of fantastic collectors options- From Harley Yee to Phil at Comic Collectors Shop.

Last year, Angel Dimeo brought out a new collection of Silver that dominated a bunch of dollars in the room, but he has assured me that he will have another new selection again this year.

Several other newbies are bringing out Silver and bronze personal collections. There should be good deals here as well.

Scott Hudlow has an eclectic mix from old to new- a great place to fill in runs, and find some diamonds in the rough.

As for Modern Dealers

Lee Krause from Comic Madness will have one of his biggest displays. Ruppsworld will be bringing out their cool batch of variants. And of course JayCompany will have a booth there too.

Brian Khepri will have large display of new graphic novels, indy flavor books too

Local stores bringing comics-

Samurai Comics-the 3 store chain- will be building a virtual store inside the front doors of the Con. Marco from Pop Culture Paradise in Tempe will be doing the same. And jesse James Comics will be displaying for the very first time at AMAZING. He will be bringing in show exclusive comics, but visit his tables as there are always piles and piles of good stuff at great prices.

Oh and CGC will be there with 2 booths as well.

the 2012 AMAZING ARIZONA COMIC CON is created for the comic book fan in all of us.

Best-

Jimmy...

This is the info I was hoping for. To me its the most important part of the con.

Thanks for the update.

Brian R- also worth noting-Greg White- Silver age dealer will be bringing a big display from Florida too. Additionally, there will be a handful of collectors bringing out small but untouched selections. There might be some great finds here, with newbie collectors.

Buckycap- I'm working on artist alley added to the site. From a published pro perspective, Greg Capullo, Rob Liefeld, Joe Benitez, Ebas, Mike Debalfo, and Cory Walker is a strong field. Add in an active indy scene, and I think you will find a great selection of people to get your books signed, and your blank sketch covers worked up on.

Ziazmere- thanks for the support! We try to put on a fun convention where the fans and pro have a ton of access and interaction.

Keep checking the site for more guests, programming, and of course the dealer and artist alley lists!

Best-

Jimmy S. Jay...

Promoter, AMAZING ARIZONA COMIC CON

Twitter: @JimmySJay

@AmazingComicCon

Have any witnesses raised their hands? I'm interested in a sketch or two if you have the time.

Innocuous, have someone from the CGC or DWC booth follow you over to the artists table to pick up the sketch.