• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hello, Adolf! Greetings from Captain Midnight!

121 posts in this topic

That's what I've gotten so far. I'll force you all to see anything else I pick up later.

Crowley and Edgar Church of #13?

Greedy bastiche!

It was kind of a pity thing. I couldn't bear to see such nice books sitting around unloved.

I've reached the half-way point with my Captain Midnight set and thought I'd post what I've gotten so far. It's been fun collecting a title that pretty much no one else is interested in!

no so fast, my friend.

cm10.jpg

I really like this one, Billy. Please keep me in mind if you ever lose yours and decide to sell.

I've reached the half-way point with my Captain Midnight set and thought I'd post what I've gotten so far. It's been fun collecting a title that pretty much no one else is interested in!

no so fast, my friend.

Yup. They're pretty much just for freaks and weirdos.

CaptMidnight11.jpg

no so fast, my friend.

CaptMidnight11.jpg

oh, my!

no so fast, my friend.

cm10.jpg

I really like this one, Billy. Please keep me in mind if you ever lose yours and decide to sell.

noted; it is yours if i get out of the raboy's.

no so fast, my friend.

CaptMidnight11.jpg

The Church copy I presume. Gorgeous colors!

and i was shocked, shocked i tell you--that there were a few non-pedigree books among your treasures. wonderful, wonderful group you've put together.

:blush: I can always hope for an upgrade...

The Church copy I presume. Gorgeous colors!

(thumbs u Thanks

no so fast, my friend.

CaptMidnight11.jpg

I used to own that one. Bought it from Windy City Comics at the SD Con back when it was in the old convention center. I think I paid $210 for it. Sold it years later to nochips. Nice to see it again!

Cheetah, I used to own your #8 and #21 raw for a number of years. Bought the #21 from Dave Anderson when he had most of the Church run. Can't remember where I found the Penn copy of #8, but I've always liked that cover. :cloud9:

Cheetah, I used to own your #8 and #21 raw for a number of years. Bought the #21 from Dave Anderson when he had most of the Church run. Can't remember where I found the Penn copy of #8, but I've always liked that cover. :cloud9:

It always amazes me how these books travel the circuit. I'm glad I got my turn.

Extra trivia--

The last Captain Midnight appearance in the run (#64) is also the first comic appearance of Woody Woodpecker and appears to be a pretty tough book.

Trivia note: Before being published by Fawcett, Captain Midnight was a feature in The Funnies.

funnies57.jpg