• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Central Canada Comic Con (C4)

20 posts in this topic

The Central Canada Comic Con (C4) is on this weekend (October 28th to October 30th).

So much for a slowing economy, attendance is way up this year.

I have attended the last two Cons and for the first time there was a long line up to get in this morning. Another Forum member was there and he took some pictures. I am hoping he will post them here.

The event is a little unorganized but, overall, it seems to be going very well. I am planning on attending again tomorrow.

Any other forum members from the Winnipeg area attending? Please let me know, it would be great to meet other forum members!

:hi: Yes.

This is the Winnipeg show Wizard was going to take over (or had bought) but backed out of. I am not sure what happened in that respect.

Nonetheless, the place was very busy today and all the dealers I talked to said they were having a good show. Much better than last year.

And yes, considering Winnipeg "central Canada" is pretty funny. At least it is to us Westerners :grin:

This year the amount of people attending increased dramatically.

A lineup on Saturday 10 am stretched 120 yards.

By the time the last person in the original line was admitted, it again regenerated to the same size with new people seeking to be admitted.

Even though the line was so long, there were still inquiries where to get tickets.

My interpretation is that the Convention Center did a good job in promoting with such big stars as: William Shatner, Jonathan Frakes, Ethan Phillips, Chase Masterson, Kevin Sorbo, Kate Vernon, Bret Hart, Kate Vernon, Bret Hart, Maria de Aragon, Michael Golden and Adrienne Wilkinson.

Visit the official Central Canada Comic Con (C4) website here for more information on the event: http://www.c4con.com/

117059.jpg.aa31d003e03d57dfc84a2fb64ae0a404.jpg

My Comment on the on the Central Canada Comic Con (C4):

Overall I enjoyed it. Liked very much the guest starts appearance, very well done.

However, two things things that may be good for next year:

A nice program guide.

CGC graded comics.

There was a definite lack of CGC graded comics.

To my recollection there were only 5 slabbed comic books:

2 regular CGC graded comics, also one with an exception, 2 PGX graded comics.

In addition the higher end comics were not in sight such as Amazing Spiderman #1.

...There was a definite lack of CGC graded comics.

In addition the higher end comics were not in sight such as Amazing Spiderman #1.

You don't see many of those more expensive keys North of the border, and I think you're in the minority when it comes to wanting slabs. Slabs seem to gather dust in Canada from my experience.

Thanks for the photos and review. (thumbs u

Dino, thank you for posting those pictures! Sorry I did not comment sooner but I was out of town all week for work.

I really enjoyed the Con this year as well. And it was nice to spend time wandering around and talking to fellow collectors.

As for there being few if any slabs, I too was disappointed about that. Oh well, maybe next year.

My Comment on the on the Central Canada Comic Con (C4):

Overall I enjoyed it. Liked very much the guest starts appearance, very well done.

However, two things things that may be good for next year:

A nice program guide.

CGC graded comics.

There was a definite lack of CGC graded comics.

Thanks Dino, appreciate the pictures.

...There was a definite lack of CGC graded comics.

You don't see many of those more expensive keys North of the border, and I think you're in the minority when it comes to wanting slabs. Slabs seem to gather dust in Canada from my experience.

Thanks for the photos and review. (thumbs u

Slabs are generally tough to sell North of the border