• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Signature Series Comics

4 posts in this topic

Does the Average collector steer away from signature series books? I know I'm not a huge fan of them, a big signature in marker on the cover of my comic book would just turn me off, but I am not to egotistical to think that they aren't as valuable/cool to other people just becuase I don't personally like them. I know that some collectors really enjoy famous writers and artist name on their books and that is awesome for them.

Just courious of your opinion on signature series books.

1) What is opinion on them?

2) Do they sell as much as universal books?

Does the Average collector steer away from signature series books? I know I'm not a huge fan of them, a big signature in marker on the cover of my comic book would just turn me off, but I am not to egotistical to think that they aren't as valuable/cool to other people just becuase I don't personally like them. I know that some collectors really enjoy famous writers and artist name on their books and that is awesome for them.

Just courious of your opinion on signature series books.

1) What is opinion on them?

2) Do they sell as much as universal books?

To answer your question about value, they typically add anywhere between nothing to quite a bit, depending on the signature. The only way a signature would drop the value is if the signature doesn't suit the comic; i.e. had nothing to do with the comic. Or also a B-list signature on a key. I wouldn't risk getting a signature from a supporting actor on a Walking Dead 1.

I'm kind of with Green's take, where he prefers signatures on moderns to set it apart, but not on silver age comics.

I think they're awesome, if they're signed by someone who actually had a hand in the creation of THAT SPECIFIC comic book.

I think Joe Simon signing an Avengers #4, a book he had nothing to do with directly, is dumb.

But that, of course, is just my opinion, and nothing can assail personal preference.