• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM X-Men 101

13 posts in this topic

Just picked this one up today. I paid for a 9.0 after I got the dealer to drop a little bit off the price. There are no color breaking creases anywhere but the spine has dents down it. Also there is a dent at the bottom that is on the front and the back that does not show up in the scan. Thanks for your feedback - hope I got a decent deal. This issue was a tricky one for me to find.

cm_xmen_101_front.jpg

cm_xmen_101_back.jpg

hmm..tough one to grade. Is that slight foxing on the bc? books look 9.2 or better to me.

I don't know if that's foxing or staining,looks like tomato sauce.Hard one for sure,guessing in the 8s,8.0/8.5

OMG! I didn't even see the on the back. Another great reason to post here. But I may of screwed myself once again because I paid full price for a 9.0. I sometimes feel like I have never made a good purchase in 25 years. I think I am still getting this one CGC next weekend so I'd love to get some more feedback and I'll post the number it comes back as. Unless I end up changing my mind because of the freaking spots. Thanks for your input.

Well after looking into the book again last night it is actually as bad as it gets. The stains are actually yellow and on the inside of the cover. What we are seeing in the scan is the "soak through" like grease spots.

Can I please get some updated grades on what you think this would now grade as?

This is really like a punch in the stomach. I paid $170.00 - which is way over anything I have ever paid for a comic before. And I know some of you know what I mean when I say I had to stash back 5 and 10 bucks here and there to save up for it. I have the dealers card that sold it to me as a HIGH GRADE book. That was his exact words and was why he would not come down on the price. He did pull it out of the mylar and I Failed not noticing the stains...I want to at least e-mail him and politely say he needs to pay more attention to what he sells as HIGH GRADE. Do you think I should just leave it at that or see if he will do something to make this right - so I don't have to just eat $100.00?

Thanks so much for any feedback.

Just got it back from CGC. 4.5 months but that seems to be the norm.

Anyway it was a 9.0 - so I am pretty happy with that. You will see some of my other posts had me pretty frustrated that it was going to be a lot lower.

Thanks again for the input!