• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How many trick or treaters paid you visit?

93 posts in this topic

Some punk kids ripped off my display. :mad:
It's too bad a few have to spoil the fun for the others. :(

My wife and I heard the car door shut. We thought it was just late trick or treaters. :P

When I was a kid we never would have................................. :preach:

2.5 hours in and I'm at 162, how bout you?! :insane:

Sorry. Who are you?

(:

Brad was handing out packs of Pall Malls and Playboys again this year. He has kids coming from 3 towns over to trick-or-treat at his house.

:roflmao:

about 40 so far -- but I`m tucked in a cul de sac , off of a cul de sac so not that much traffic -- but I have fun giving out comics to the kids -- some always come back because they know my house gives out comics and then some go what is this -- then they see its comics and start going " cool , wow , this rocks " -- it always makes my evening

Has anyone else had adult trick-or-treaters tonight? I just had two of them...and I don't mean non-costumed, teenage candy-scammers, or parents dressed up and walking around with their kids. The couple that just knocked on my door--a grown man and a woman--were easily in their mid/late 20s (or older), and weren't with any children that I could see. They even said "trick or treat", and acted like it was the most normal thing in the world.

Uh...WTF? I've been handing out candy in this neighborhood for nearly 20 years, and that's a new one on me...

Funny you should say that...when walking around with my kids, I saw three adults in their early 30's...definitely no kids with them or anywhere near kids, walking around in dressed in weird outfits, not really even costumes, saying trick or treat and collecting candy. Very very weird...hm, perhaps real zombies? hm

I don't know about 8 pounds of candy worth..what got me was 40% had no costume..I joked with a few "Wow you must have worked all night on that costume" One girl (about 17 no costume not even a halloween Tshirt) snapped back "I have worked 17 yrs on this costume it will have to do I'm fabulous"

had about 20-30 kids babies in bunting costumes with the parent holding the bag..seriously? One was so tiny I didn't think it was a real baby and the dad says "yeah she is 3 months" as he tripped over the curb..luckily not dropping the baby..

but serious..the baby cannot EAT the candy..so..I don't get it..

I gave anyone who put effort into it "big candy" full sized candy not the fun sized. One girl with a group of teens not wearing costumes..was dressed in a cow costume..but gory and bloody ..when I asked she said she was a Zombie cow that came from the slaughter house and ate all the workers there..

I told her extra effort got the "big candy" She jumped and said "SCORE told you losers people would appreciate me!"

I also gave big candy to the entire ensemble of Wizard of oz ranging in age from 4 to about 15 or so..Dorothy,Tinman,Lion,Scarecrow,Witch and a flying monkey..pretty awesome..I took pictures of the Super heroes I would have had pics of the Wizard of Oz but my husband had messed with my camera and it wouldn't work when they were present..

Has anyone else had adult trick-or-treaters tonight? I just had two of them...and I don't mean non-costumed, teenage candy-scammers, or parents dressed up and walking around with their kids. The couple that just knocked on my door--a grown man and a woman--were easily in their mid/late 20s (or older), and weren't with any children that I could see. They even said "trick or treat", and acted like it was the most normal thing in the world.

Uh...WTF? I've been handing out candy in this neighborhood for nearly 20 years, and that's a new one on me...

Funny you should say that...when walking around with my kids, I saw three adults in their early 30's...definitely no kids with them or anywhere near kids, walking around in dressed in weird outfits, not really even costumes, saying trick or treat and collecting candy. Very very weird...hm, perhaps real zombies? hm

I had a lot of adults and it was strange mostly no costumes or lame ones.."Look I drew cat whiskers"

wow..took you all night..

I had several..young ladies in inappropriate costumes wearing very high heels..with a parent in tow..I wondered what my mom would have thought had I said "I want to be strawberry short cake lingerie and wear 4 inch heels"

She would not have taken me trick or treating and probably would have locked me in the house..

had a total of 9 and the first 2 were dressed as spidey and venom and one got a web of spidey 100 other got web 89(hologram) cover, they were both so tickled with thier books, last 2 i got was blue batman and dark knight batman :D

We had 9 kids lets see a banana, 80s MTV girl, snow whites wicked step mother, couple of babies, sherlock holmes, drunken redsox player, buzz light year an army man...2 costumes that were so memorable I forget what they were.

The last 3 showed up at 8:30 and I gave them all piles of candy...It was either that or chuck it out or put on 5 pounds

None. I live on the 2nd floor of an apartment. Never seen a trick or treater here. I miss them.

When I inherited the family house back in the 80's (well, my brother and late sister inherited as well - I moved there to deal with the estate) I had a lot of trick or treaters. I put on a monk robe, carried a museum exhibit papier mache gorilla skull with a candle stuck atop it and played Tibetan Chants from a speaker placed on the window sill.

The kids loved it. I loved it. Want to do it again but must move to do so.