• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Steve Rude Arrested!

42 posts in this topic

I subscribe to the Dude's newsletter and got this news flash today.

"Steve has had a back and forth with the neighbors for quite some time now that started over their barking dogs. Last night Steve got hauled in.

We are currently lowering prices on Steve's art to make bail and pay for legal fees. We also are offering the above print for sale as well as several other pieces."

If there was ever an artist that can;t seem to catch a break it SR.Awhile back he offered to work for DC but got no response.

Love his art and he at least seems to be a nice guy.Swapped some emails with him a few years back.

"Steve has had a back and forth with the neighbors for quite some time now that started over their barking dogs. Last night Steve got hauled in.

We are currently lowering prices on Steve's art to make bail and pay for legal fees. We also are offering the above print for sale as well as several other pieces."

If there was ever an artist that can;t seem to catch a break it SR.Awhile back he offered to work for DC but got no response.

Love his art and he at least seems to be a nice guy.Swapped some emails with him a few years back.

Must not have been too nice when dealing with the neighbors or cops... just sayin

Must not have been too nice when dealing with the neighbors or cops... just sayin

Just living up to the name. hm

Most neighbors are huge dooshbags! There is a feeling of entitlement that seems to come with home ownership, that somehow they are an island unto themselves. Fences and shotguns make good neighbors. (thumbs u

Most neighbors are huge dooshbags! There is a feeling of entitlement that seems to come with home ownership, that somehow they are an island unto themselves. Fences and shotguns make good neighbors. (thumbs u

Was this a note left on your doorstep?

Man, I am a huge Steve Rude fan, but I cant' quite seem to understand the guy. A few years ago, he was peddling Nexus to the bigwhigs in animation, apparently without Baron's support, then he seemed to be an out of work artist, something that still doesn't make sense, and these last few years, he's appeared to have all sorts of other troubles.

Long live the Dude. Off to get more details.

Viva 'la Nexus.

Hrm. I did a little digging and didn't like what I found. I have to say, Shooter's memory is probably pretty accurate.

http://www.jimshooter.com/2011/10/stan-meets-mobster-and-other-tales-to.html

Scroll down just a bit. The Rude piece has a heading.

"At least he got the genius part right."

Maybe Gulacy agreed to do the cover to Nexus #1 to get Rude off his lawn.

Hrm. I did a little digging and didn't like what I found. I have to say, Shooter's memory is probably pretty accurate.

http://www.jimshooter.com/2011/10/stan-meets-mobster-and-other-tales-to.html

Scroll down just a bit. The Rude piece has a heading.

"At least he got the genius part right."

Maybe Gulacy agreed to do the cover to Nexus #1 to get Rude off his lawn.

Haha. I didn't make the connection.

I'm sure, but even if the truth is somewhere in the middle, it's still adding to the list of inanity. Did he get kicked out even once? Was he only seen as a courtesy? Did he refer to himself in the third person?

Have you met Rude? I've always wanted to. Whether you have or have not, what is your picture of him?

Hmmmmm.Genius out of work artist.Never made that connection either.

But I do know how annoying barking dogs are.Reminds me of the Dexter's Laboratory episode when he taught the dog to talk.

I also heard that Baron had kind of gotten fed up with him.

Either way,I'll always love Nexus.

I'm sure, but even if the truth is somewhere in the middle, it's still adding to the list of inanity. Did he get kicked out even once? Was he only seen as a courtesy? Did he refer to himself in the third person?

Have you met Rude? I've always wanted to. Whether you have or have not, what is your picture of him?

A friend of mine did some work for him back in the later 90's as an inker and they became pretty friendly for a few years. Through my bud I got to know him a little bit and I can say from personal experience he was always very nice and a pretty regular guy. I never once heard him refer to himself as "the dude".