• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dead Beat Bidder AF 15

3,340 posts in this topic

I reserve the right to remain in my ivory tower.

I have enormous admiration for this posture.

It is pretty rad.

Kooky.

Elephant Man-esque.

That Hurt.

:golfclap:

How that?

You were simply a pawn in my joke to reference a grammatical error in which I used the word invoke rather than evoke, which was jumped on by Scotland Yard's Grammar division.

I think I speak for everyone else when I say, you should walk away from this. It has been fleshed out, most think you are in the wrong, and your continued attempts to justify your actions, are not helping.

If most think am in wrong then i'll never post on here again.

I haven't liked either poll so far, as the issue is very much grey area.

I think both of you are in the wrong. He shouldn't have bid if he didn't have the money. However, you gave him the out. You should not have started the thread. Your representation of the situation was not accurate.

And he was going to pay. Did the auction say immediate payment required? That's the part that puzzles me. I don't eBay anymore. Is there a time frame in which you are required to pay?

I always paid immediately, but 3 days doesn't seem like an unreasonable amount of time.

That's a hard poll to determine.At first lemondude was wrong for bidding on the book,then PC1009 was wrong in giving him an out.Please the book was relisted,chalk it up to experience.Just learn from your past mistakes PC,it will work itself out.I mean c'mon, it's only funny books. lol