• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This comic is not valid for this slot. Please check the slot's list of eligible

9 posts in this topic

I received this message when trying to add my Return of Bruce Wayne 1:200 sketch variant to my Batman: TROBW set.

"This comic is not valid for this slot. Please check the slot's list of eligible comic books.

This comic is already in the admin queue"

I wasn't sure where to go from here when getting a message like this one.

Thanks for the help.

It could mean two things:

1.The book is not yet in the system.

2.The book is already in someone's else Registry Set.

If a book is already registered to someone else, the error message specifically says so.

For the error message the OP got, it could mean a number of things:

- the book was added to the wrong slot (eg. he tried to add issue #9 to the slot for issue #10 or the slot itself isn't set up to handle that particular book)

- the serial number was entered incorrectly

- the book is mislabeled (which means its serial number isn't valid for the correct slot)

"The book is not yet in the system" error pretty much only comes into play with books that have been subbed on-site - where it isn't until about a week after the show that the serial numbers are added to the system :thumbsup:

The last show with on-site grading was back in August :shrug:

The easiest way to check if a book is in the system is to go to the Comics Registry:

http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/Index.aspx

Click "Verify CGC Certification" in the Grading & Submissions menu, and enter the serial number there. If it comes up as a valid book, it's in the system.

This has happened to me from time to time. Just give it a few days while CGC reviews the request (sent automatically when you tried to add the book). When they review it, it should be added. I usually get an e-mail stating that the book was added.

It could mean two things:

1.The book is not yet in the system.

2.The book is already in someone's else Registry Set.

If a book is already registered to someone else, the error message specifically says so.

For the error message the OP got, it could mean a number of things:

- the book was added to the wrong slot (eg. he tried to add issue #9 to the slot for issue #10 or the slot itself isn't set up to handle that particular book)

- the serial number was entered incorrectly

- the book is mislabeled (which means its serial number isn't valid for the correct slot)

"The book is not yet in the system" error pretty much only comes into play with books that have been subbed on-site - where it isn't until about a week after the show that the serial numbers are added to the system :thumbsup:

Thanks for the correction.

It often happens when Gemma sets up a slot for a book but none have been graded at the time. Once one gets graded and entered, she has to go in and activate the slot.

It can also happen if you are putting a variant into a slot that doesn't include the variant. Gemma will either add it or set up a new slot for it.

It usually only takes a couple of days.